Season of the Dryad is here!

+
Personally, a lot of fun on the seasonal modes is finding which factions are popular and trying to beat them with the other factions.
For example, this seasonal, NR and SK clearly dominate, with SY also being quite strong, so using ST or NG is quite interesting and i applaud anyone who also does it. I didnt even mention MO because its just awful in this seasonal, if anyone can pull that off please teach me.
I have a pretty solid win rate with a custom Carapace deck (32-8 or 80%). It's basically just a random collection of good cards: some Thrive, some Deathwish, some Organics. Both "The Aparian Phantom" and "The Beast" are great in this Seasonal mode, and "Keltullis" can always wreak havoc against any kind of swarm if he's left unchecked. Truth be told, I'm little surprised that my deck is doing as well as it is; although, I still lose every now and then, mainly to NR/SK players who actually have optimised decks and know what they're doing.

I have a pretty solid win rate with a custom Carapace deck (32-8 or 80%). It's basically just a random collection of good cards: some Thrive, some Deathwish, some Organics. Both "The Aparian Phantom" and "The Beast" are great in this Seasonal mode, and "Keltullis" can always wreak havoc against any kind of swarm if he's left unchecked. Truth be told, I'm little surprised that my deck is doing as well as it is; although, I still lose every now and then, mainly to NR/SK players who actually have optimised decks and know what they're doing.

Im surprised to see someone saying MO can do well in seasonal: you mention thrive, which is a core mechanic of MO, but i think its exactly what pushes them down in this seasonal rules - not that it doesnt work, but others factions simply do it better, the whole "boost by 1 +1 for being even number". And that's how the Apiarian Phantom works, but the beast boosts by 2, so it should become even, and basically only boost by 2 like in standard mode, not getting any synergy from this mode.

The one 2pt engine that does work well in this seasonal is immortals, every turn he either boosts by 1 when its even, boosts by 2 when its odd and breaks the shield.

I actually enjoyed playing 15 deathblow cards. I discovered a very interesting and instructive (although very annoying) deck from that quest.

I also liked the Deathblow quest. With spies it was easy to even get the Deathblow effect to activate, and it was really fun to play that deck. :D

Okay, but for how long must we endure the terrorism from Schirru? A cheap nuke (9 prov) in combination with Precision Strike leader. Surely if Ethereal was nerfed into a reasonable state then this card should also be brought down into a reasonable state. It's just slightly more difficult to use then Ethereal so we don't see it as much (Eth was literal autopilot) but it can still be very game-breaking.

The funny moment for Ffion var Gaernel nerfed is it can be instant killed with Morkvarg: Heart of Terror. The easy fix can be decrease shield and increase point by 1. So, it will become better defender like other factions.
That's definitely not going to happen. Then, Ffion would be the only Defender that plays for more than 7 points. Defenders are some of the strongest, most broken cards in the entire game. They're practically staples already, so under no circumstance should any of them be given additional power.

Well Vincent van Moorlehem does the same thing since Merchants of Ofir, so I don't really get what's the problem here especially from a Nilfgaard player's Point of view. :shrug:

Hang on. What Vincent did is fair to all defender unit but Morkvarg instant kill only Ffion. Well, SY might be in the same case but they can have 2 defender units though.

Im a NG basically and SK but the last months im playing as
an craaaaaaaite Hahahaha
Most if the ppl im playing against is NR Toooo muuuccchhh of them 8/10 Is northern and i understand why
But ppl should not copy others and try other factions as well for exploring

New player here, just came to say that I don't know if it's always been like this but playing against monster decks sometimes makes me wanna go play in traffic lol :)

New player here, just came to say that I don't know if it's always been like this but playing against monster decks sometimes makes me wanna go play in traffic lol :)
Welcome to the game and the forums mate, enjoy !
I don't really get what you're trying to say with "makes me wanna go play in traffic"...? :confused:
MOs (Monsters) have high points in terms of strength for sure... they can reach to incredibly tall hights but they can easily fall as well. :)

Edit : Correcting, rephrasing.

Last edited:
I play Gwent on my phone in traffic too. :p Just today it was mad friday afternoon traffic jam on the highway (I was on my way to work, was late 10 minutes cuz of it :/ ) and in de bus I played one game of Gwent, easy way to burn some 15 minutes. :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the game and the forums mate, enjoy !
I don't really get what you're trying to say with "makes me wanna go play in traffic"...? :confused:
MOs (Monsters) have high points in terms of strength for sure... they can reach incredibly to incredible tall hights but they can easily fall as well. :)
OK, let's not pretend MO is not absolute [...] on red coin, ok? :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, let's not pretend MO is not absolute [...] on red coin, ok? :D
...I don't agree, it's disadvantageous for sure since 99% of the time we have to start by first laying down our "thrive" engines and that feels like painting a "bullseye" on em but what can you do, bad luck is a thing ! :)

Top Bottom