Season of the Elf and Update 8.4 are LIVE!

+

The Season of the Elf has begun and Update 8.4 is available!

Check out the new Reward Book trees, visual effects, card changes and more!

Seasonal modes in April:

01.04. - 06.04. Patience is a virtue!
  • At the start of your turn, transform all cards in your hand into random ones that cost 1 provision more
06.04. - 13.04. Dual Casting
  • Once per turn, when you play a special card, spawn and play a copy of it immediately after.
13.04. - 20.04. Power Shift
  • At the start of the match, set the power of every unit in your starting deck to its Provision Cost.
20.04. - 27.04. Battle Rush
  • Both players have just 8 seconds to complete their turn and 15 seconds to complete the redrawing phrase.
27.04. - 06.05. Seesaw
  • On the end of the player's turn, Damage player's odd power units by 1. Boost player's even power units by 1.
Patch notes: Link
This season is planned to end on May 6th, 10:00 a.m. CEST.

Hmm, I wonder why it's "the Elf" instead of "the Elves" now. Edit: Oh, it's still Elves in-game.
This seems to indicate that the old Viper seasonal mode (Momentum) has been replaced with the new mode.

Will definitely be playing seasonal on the 20-27th. :D

Last edited:
No offense, but if you are going to produce such boring and uninspired filler Reward Book Trees as the Master Mirror add ons, then you are just better off not doing them at all.
Titles and Avatars are the most boring thing in reward trees as most players already have 300+ of each and you can barely manage them with the dump of a Trinket section. Not bothering to even colour the Titles is even worse.
Understandable that it would take more work, but you should have included alt skins for the Master Mirror leaders as you did for the first one, even if it cost 3x the reward points, it would be at least something worth unlocking.

Last edited:
So much Keltullis and Ball around in the seasonal; I think I saw at least one of them played by every single opponent.
I got the 12 power Speartip several times, which was really nice.
Getting one of the old Silver witchers always sucks, but fortunately he'll be gone the next turn. :LOL:

There is a small sort of issue with status icons not appearing right away in seasonal, but it doesn't cause actual problems.

Patience is a virtue! is so much RNG. I like how Gwent is not rng and I personally like seasonal mode very much but not this one. It fresh and fun for the first 10-20 games and eventually, unpredictable is fun to watch but not fun to play especially when getting crush by opponent who has better cards in a specific situation.

Normally Seasonal Mode depend on Deck Building Skill and Playing Skill. However, the RNG seasonal make the Deck Building part less important. As far as I see, if I got Tutor card then I can pick any answers from my deck. So, the deck should contain some removal or lock, purify cards etc. but the next problem is RNG will ruin everything which it is an unpredictable outcome.

The skill during playing also depend on RNG rather than skill because I can't plan ahead. Some games I got several Oneiromancy and I can win easily while some games I got garbage card during provision 10 - 13 but opponent drop 2 NR Erlang. How I can counter that. It has immunity.

The next problem is about pace of game. Players need to read card and decide which cards to play plus the slow animation makes the entire duration of one game is almost half an hour. I wish the opening hands are reduce to 7 rather than 10 or reduce the time per turn.

Is it possible to have a battle rush rule with this one? if it faster, it might be a better game play experience.

Last edited:
Thanks CDPR, I totally love this mode: no strategies, no meta... just luck and a bit of abylity. And a lot of fun.

I only wish it would be 8 sec per turn so people couldn't read the cards they don't know. What a glorious and funny chaos it would be!

I only wish it would be 8 sec per turn so people couldn't read the cards they don't know. What a glorious and funny chaos it would be!
Why even play then? Just have the game randomly play cards instead of us and we can just spectate.
Post automatically merged:

Also why in the reward tree for Ida Emean aep Sivney, the last unlockable avatar is called "Earth Elemental" when it's obviously the Ida herself in the picture and not an Earth Elemental? :p

Last edited:
After playing seasonal for few hours i realized: it realy is Hearthstone, literary. It's fun for few hours or maybe even days, but than you realize how unbelievable broken and unfair it is. Anyway, i had fun, and that's what seasonal should be about. My point is: Patience is a virtue! is good and Hearthstone is garbage. :beer:

Hi,
I'm a returning player and I went back to some reward trees I partly completed in 2018 or 2019. This month (season of the Elf), in two of the season trees, quests are highlighted in the tree (like already paid forwith reward points) but do not appear in my quest list and do not progress when I match the conditions. Note that another quest on which I spent rewards points today (in the 3rd seasonal tree) works fine.
Is anybody facing a similar issue ?

DRK3

Forum veteran

Here's my guide to this new seasonal mode, i will gladly take comments on interesting strategies and any discussion.

No offense, but if you are going to produce such boring and uninspired filler Reward Book Trees as the Master Mirror add ons, then you are just better off not doing them at all.
Titles and Avatars are the most boring thing in reward trees as most players already have 300+ of each and you can barely manage them with the dump of a Trinket section. Not bothering to even colour the Titles is even worse.
Understandable that it would take more work, but you should have included alt skins for the Master Mirror leaders as you did for the first one, even if it cost 3x the reward points, it would be at least something worth unlocking.
better than nothing imo but all MM feels kinda a joke, but if you look to the new trees on the oak page it also feels weak in terms of cosmetics idk why dont at least a card back in the year tree if they dont want ot give a board like boar year

Good, a new seasonal mode, at least for me. Sad is when you have to face in 5 games 4 times NG aiming for ball scenario. 3, 4 or 5 balls when the modus is "random". I lost every game aginst NG except the one versus 5 balls. He/She was only able to draw one nobleman with his/her ulty and I had a good run. That saved the day. :p

Ok played a few matches today:

1 SK eist
2 SK eist
3 SY cleaver
4 MO vey
5 ST no unit traps
6 NG highroll random cards
7 SY cleaver
8 SK eist
9 MO vey
10 SY cleaver

Still won half of them with non netdecks but this level of degeneracy is just awful
Patch made 0 change so the game is uninstalled again.

I actually enjoy this one due to the simple fact that it's almost impossible to make this into a meta cookie cutter deck fest where a tiny amount of decks can completely dominate and are just copied by tryhards. Every game feels different and it's not like you can prepare for it to make some imba deck that can annihilate your opponent without him standing any chance.
Bottom line = more diversity and less repetitiveness make this seasonal mode a good one! :)

Hey, people, I have a suggestion: how about you play less of NG in seasonal?

Yes, we all get it, Ball is consistent because it is the only 15 provision card, and then you only need to spam 2-3 of them and get lucky to get one aristocrat to win the game.

But just in case you didn't know it, this is so fucking boring. There is an army of you doing the same thing. I already encountered hundreds of players using the same tactic.

Top Bottom