Season of the Elf and Update 8.4 are LIVE!

+
Nah. I play Imprisonment, with zero NG cards in deck, and I'm not going to stop farming wins for the Imprisonment contract. :cool:
Not interested in playing Balls, unless I have no real option.
No worries, mate. :coolstory: You will get an easy insta-forfeit win if you encounter me.

NG is just too versatile and has too many tricks up its sleve for me not to play them in seasonals (and I usually don't even play seasonals). :p Also its the ONLY time I ever play NG cause I find them detestable in standard games...
Also I don't even play them for the Ball. :]

I was so happy to see the new seasonal mode. Finally, no "meta", no constant tutors. As should be expected, the fun lasted for an hour or so. Now I see the same "tricks" over and over again. Gwent players are so consistency-dependent, their ruin the only fun mode left in the game with it. And they're almost always so painfully SLOW!
Post automatically merged:

No offense, but if you are going to produce such boring and uninspired filler Reward Book Trees as the Master Mirror add ons, then you are just better off not doing them at all.
Titles and Avatars are the most boring thing in reward trees as most players already have 300+ of each and you can barely manage them with the dump of a Trinket section. Not bothering to even colour the Titles is even worse.
Understandable that it would take more work, but you should have included alt skins for the Master Mirror leaders as you did for the first one, even if it cost 3x the reward points, it would be at least something worth unlocking.
I open the trees for the lore. Not all of them should be full of cardbacks and boards.

Last edited:
Hey, people, I have a suggestion: how about you play less of NG in seasonal?

Yes, we all get it, Ball is consistent because it is the only 15 provision card, and then you only need to spam 2-3 of them and get lucky to get one aristocrat to win the game.

But just in case you didn't know it, this is so fucking boring. There is an army of you doing the same thing. I already encountered hundreds of players using the same tactic.
I think I won my last 27 games in a row with NG. My maximum was 6 MQ Balls on board and I also once held 4 MQ Balls in hand. You don't have to be lucky, btw. It's very consistent with tactical decision.

I think I won my last 27 games in a row with NG. My maximum was 6 MQ Balls on board and I also once held 4 MQ Balls in hand. You don't have to be lucky, btw. It's very consistent with tactical decision.
mhm, a pinnacle of boredom.
did you have fun doing the same thing 27 times?

Is it really that bad? NG can have an advantage with Enslave, Double Cross or guaranteed Aristocrat, but i never had any problems dealing with it, even while playing crap like Jackpot. I haven't tried it myself, i already have all 7 NG masteries.

mhm, a pinnacle of boredom.
did you have fun doing the same thing 27 times?
Well sometimes it's indeed fun (not all games are decided that way) and the grind to the Season Trees would take much longer without it. It's total RNG so not every game is decided by MQ Balls.

I also lost a few games but mainly in the Mirror against Nilfgaard with a highroll into Shupe Resilience and Nova. Almost every Nilfgaard Player played this version but I don't.
I can't use Shupe but I get an Aristocrat out of the deck with Movran almost always by using the maximal number of Aristocrats possible in the deck.

It's all fun and games until you need 3 points to win and your last card transforms into pickpocket (and no spender on board naturally). :[

It's all fun and games until you need 3 points to win and your last card transforms into pickpocket (and no spender on board naturally). :[

I once had a game where I was down by one point in r3 with a card in hand and my opponent was passed. Then my last card transforms into Black Blood and there was no passive engines on his side. I actually laughed out loud, it shows one should never celebrate until the fat lady is onstage.

I open the trees for the lore. Not all of them should be full of cardbacks and boards.

So which ones are actually full of cardbacks and boards? There is one board in all the treas and one or two cardbacks excluding the seasonal ones, so we definitely could use more of the interesting vanities rather then another useless avatar or title.

How about finally repairing a bug that blocks possibility to unlock rewards from seasonal tree, because I bought it last year, but I haven't finished them? You know about this bug for 6 days, like how much time do you need? I was waiting for this tree to come back for a year, just because of Aelirenn avatar and Elven reverse, and now I can unlock them, which makes me quite upset.

I really don't understand complaining about free, completely optional, stuff.

If you don't like something you let the devs know, its called feedback; how are they going to know what the player base prefers when everyone keeps quiet and if someone expresses a contrary or negative view of something they get shot down?

As you said "not everyone shares that opinion" and I don't share yours about suppressing peoples opinions about stuff they don't like in the game. If someone who plays Gwent finds something they don't like or would like to change they should be free to share their opinions of a feature or reward or whatever on here to provide feedback to the dev team.

If someone who plays Gwent finds something they don't like or would like to change they should be free to share their opinions of a feature or reward or whatever on here to provide feedback to the dev team.
I never said anything to the contrary. I just said I do not understand certain type of complaints.

My point was that it's one thing to say "I don't like X" and another to say "we don't like X". The latter, which is what you were doing, is attempting to speak for other people. The former, which is what I did, is expressing a personal opinion and only speaking for oneself.

You can't speak for everyone, and not everyone shares that opinion.

No one forces you to spend RP in trees if you don't like the rewards. I really don't understand complaining about free, completely optional, stuff.

I agree with this. I believe the discussion regarding the RP rewards would have been far shorter with more, let's say, constructive criticism.

I can't open a new Thread, so I will just post it here. Patch 8.4, Draft Mode still counts Kurt ( SY card ) as a "Lock card":

lock screen.png

does anyone know where I can find a decent decklist for PowerShift seasonal mode?
I know that's not what you asked for, but I'm very fond of the opportunity to try new decks for these seasonal modes that I've never played before. I think basing your deck around other's successful experiences really diminishes the thrill of creating something that works through your own merit.

I'm not implying you will copy-paste these decks, mind you, just suggesting that it might be fun to apply some trial and error and see where it goes. The deck I first tried was a non-devotion NR list which faired pretty well, around 8 or 9 wins for every loss.

I know that's not what you asked for, but I'm very fond of the opportunity to try new decks for these seasonal modes that I've never played before. I think basing your deck around other's successful experiences really diminishes the thrill of creating something that works through your own merit.

I'm not implying you will copy-paste these decks, mind you, just suggesting that it might be fun to apply some trial and error and see where it goes. The deck I first tried was a non-devotion NR list which faired pretty well, around 8 or 9 wins for every loss.
I try to remember my old deck last year which I have a recent result but since the Lippy has been nerfed and those three trios are very hard to use. but my new Lippy deck still won only one games out of 4-5. pretty bad win rate. it instant lost against Yennefer Invocation.

I also tried several deck that I modified but mostly are SK Lippy and NR Duel. the best win rate so far only around 50% while normally I can find a deck with 70% win rate in Seasonal mode.

maybe I should try again tonight with NG

I am prestige 9 (saying this because in seasonal normaly you play against the same prestige) and using a Lippy deck where i can win almost all the matches.

As usually i see a lot of NG in seasonal, and they are not enought to beat my deck (of course, sometimes i lose, speacially if i dont get some cards at the beginning)

Top Bottom