SEASON OF THE ELVES IS HERE!

+
Yeah, how to play 40 cards in one match?)

As much as it hurt to do, I used a NG deck with every card that played the opponents cards, I lost 2-0 but hit 40 cards with my last card in round 2. I messed up a few times with drawing duchess informant with no bronzes on the opponents side otherwise I would have easily gotten it. just dont go for the win but to find all the cards that drew two cards or plays the opponents card or spawns and plays a card.

It was the same last year too. Só I think, it is intended with the spy-thing.
Interesting. I didn’t start playing until the summer, so I missed season of the elves.
There is nothing in the wording of the seasonal rule that indicates it supposed to work this way. To the contrary, the wording of the rule makes it sound very distinctly like it should *not* work this way.

I’d be happy to help CD Projekt Red if they need help with syntax.

Payus

Forum regular
Interesting. I didn’t start playing until the summer, so I missed season of the elves.
There is nothing in the wording of the seasonal rule that indicates it supposed to work this way. To the contrary, the wording of the rule makes it sound very distinctly like it should *not* work this way.

I’d be happy to help CD Projekt Red if they need help with syntax.

That's why I said they will not fix it. The last season of the elves happened the same, we all tought that it was a bug and it was wrong, we complained, and nothing changed. And here we are now.
Nilfgaard is broken almost every seasson. That's not hyperbole, there's a couple of seasons it is specially broken, something that should ashame Jason Slama to his core.

This is beyond broken. The wording in the seasonal description doesn't indicate that spies will pull units of the same provision cost from the opponent's deck.

You mean NR ?
NG is nothing compared to NR and the fact that one has 2 defenders, 2 ysagotas, 2 dandelions, 2 Priscillas etc is just silly.
I have easily won games with 340+ points, while still having multiple ping engines.
2 Dandelion + 2 Vysagota is pretty much "Yrden or bust".
Exactly, NR are OP in this mode. I won about 20 games in a row without sweating and I'm not an experienced player.
That's great opportunity to fulfill NR contracts.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I havent played this mode (played it last year), but it seems most are going for ton of boosts, whether its NG Assimilate or NR boost engines or whatever. Isnt everyone running Double Yrden to reset everything at the end?

Also, if NG is dominant in this seasonal that would make it the 6th consecutive month/season where NG dominates seasonal mode, which is starting to get really annoying...

I havent played this mode (played it last year), but it seems most are going for ton of boosts, whether its NG Assimilate or NR boost engines or whatever. Isnt everyone running Double Yrden to reset everything at the end?

Also, if NG is dominant in this seasonal that would make it the 6th consecutive month/season where NG dominates seasonal mode, which is starting to get really annoying...
I played NR last year and I got my decklist. So I play NR in this year too. It's broken...I lost only one game with this list, because of connection lost (it was a won game too). And yes, I play double Yrden for Assimilate and for mirror matches...and some damage-units, who can kill the spies on my side on the board. It is really consistent, I get the cards what an when I want most of the time. I got sometimes double-Yrdened, nevertheless, I won these matches too.

I'm not sure if it's been addressed but is there any word on a fix for the fact that assimilate buffs from its own deck? When my opponent plays a card assimilate buffs on their side of the board. I'm assuming its because the duplicates aren't considered in your starting deck.

I'm not sure if it's been addressed but is there any word on a fix for the fact that assimilate buffs from its own deck? When my opponent plays a card assimilate buffs on their side of the board. I'm assuming its because the duplicates aren't considered in your starting deck.

It's working as intended because the same thing happened last year.

It's working as intended because the same thing happened last year.
seems odd. like thats clearly not how the cards should be played, even in a busted seasonal mode. I assume they cant fix it rather that it being intended then? like its just how the cards are coded.

Most likely it simply looks at which side of the board the card is played on, and doesn't take into account who plays the card.

Hello, fellow Gwent players.

I am quite new to this game, have been focusing on building a Scoia'tel deck, so have only been buying those kegs. Then I ran into the quest for "play 40 cards in a game" I use the Deadeye Ambush, and all those cards that spawn these units, however, I do not get this quest completed, am I doing something wrong? Or do I have to construct a spy deck with Nilfgaard as I have seen suggested other places? (Have been playing seasonal as I cannot see it being completed in a classic game :p )

Ah, that would explain in, that's unfortunate. I guess I have to grind for a Nilfgaard deck then, thanks! :)
Post automatically merged:

I got it! Crafted some spy units and it worked, thanks :D

Last edited:
Hello, fellow Gwent players.

I am quite new to this game, have been focusing on building a Scoia'tel deck, so have only been buying those kegs. Then I ran into the quest for "play 40 cards in a game" I use the Deadeye Ambush, and all those cards that spawn these units, however, I do not get this quest completed, am I doing something wrong? Or do I have to construct a spy deck with Nilfgaard as I have seen suggested other places? (Have been playing seasonal as I cannot see it being completed in a classic game :p )
I'm also playing this Season for the first time. So I've managed to build a deck with my already crafted cards. Here the link.

P.S.: I don't know if this deck is affordable, though.

The seasonal mode is nice, but it's bullshit that spies pull from the opponent's deck. I don't care if it's intended or not. Not only are you filling your opponent's row when space is already easily filled, you're sabotaging their deck. CDP Red should either change that mechanic or change the wording of the mode description.

The seasonal mode is nice, but it's bullshit that spies pull from the opponent's deck. I don't care if it's intended or not. Not only are you filling your opponent's row when space is already easily filled, you're sabotaging their deck. CDP Red should either change that mechanic or change the wording of the mode description.

The spy thing is absurdly annoying, and clearly a programming error that isn’t being addressed. It effectively turns every spy into Cantarella, which is total bullshit. And yes, I know it’s not a 1:1 analogy, but the overall point remains.

That being said, I’ve had great success recently with Northern Realms against all other decks in seasonal mode, including other NR decks, and the bullshit NG spy deck.

The beauty of constantly giving charges to your units is that you can deal massive damage to your opponent, wipe out those pesky space-consuming spies from your side, and boost the hell out of your units all at the same time.

Top Bottom