Season of the Griffin is here!

+

The new season has arrived on all platforms and with it the latest Update 7.0, a new seasonal mode and new bundles in the shop.

This season will last until August 4th, 10:00 a.m. CEST.

Seasonal mode:

At the start of the match, set the power of every unit in your starting deck to its Provision Cost.

Patch Notes: Link

DRK3

Forum veteran
I've recently seen a video of this seasonal mode, last year, and it immediately give some ideas about cards that will be awesome for this mode, that hadnt been added yet during this seasonal mode (so IJ and MoO cards).

Time to build some nice decks, might make a guide for this seasonal later.

nehu

Forum regular
like each season there are complaints about seasonal/power shift is boring because of low diversity in decks

and fun in searching for the best deck is quickly gone

it looks like this time it was superfast

im meeting almost only SK decks with lippy (4/5)

matchmaking still "great" as im meeting all the time former rank 0 players (last five were 0,0,0,1 and some newb only with top rank 3, my is 11, even first day after expansion is not off and they have all new cards allready, thats crazy), i have to switch to arena asap as last month, only one true fun mode in these times in gwent

update: next day, first two games vs former rank 0 players with 1192 cards collected, so i checked my latest results
1593583725362.png

really enjoyable

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
My MO deck on Ruehin for this seasonal - incredible value, most of opponents can not win even one round against it :)

I don't know why link doesn't lead to my deck, but profile.. You'll find deck on bottom of my profile

Yesterday i played a lot of seasonal, using a NR deck, and was able to defeat almost everyone, including Lippys, the only one that crushed me was a Ruehin deck, by a really good player, made like 120pts in 5 turns, it was ridiculous.

Ruehin is really good because NOBODY is using banishing in this game mode, just Geralts and Ignis, so you can really capitalize on Ruehin's value.

nehu

Forum regular
by a really good player, made like 120pts in 5 turns, it was ridiculous.

today i met one ST deck, which made 120 by one card (aglais), quite funny

before played in the very last turn it was like 135 50 for me :D

There is a constant annoying sound like wind blowing in the background and keep going over and over
Also the cards that have abilities to attack like alba pikeman and trident infantry their attack only go but u dont see where it landed
Ofc there is always minor notices etc in every season and update but just sharing my notes
Otherwise great work and effort from everyone working and playing the game :) :) :)

Dear CDPR, do you really think that it's ok when there's already a 3rd day of patch and we still have tons of bugs:

1) Season tree's quest to play 30 ppl is bugged (also you had reports about it from the 1st day of pacth
2) Contract are bugging in general from time to time
3) You can't change deck. You have to right-click it, edit and only than it'll change
4) Arena is grey, also you can play it.

You had no time to test it, you had no time to hotfix it BUT you had time to put several new bundles in shupe store within this 3 days. BRAVO!

Who are you? A great company that creates AAA-games or an indi corporation that created a mobile-like game and only cares to get as much profit as they can from it before it collapses?

I'm so sick of your untested patches that create so much bugs and the time you need to fix them.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a constant annoying sound like wind blowing in the background and keep going over and over
Yeah, that happens when you click on something you don't yet own in the Reward Book, happens both on my phone and on PC since (I started playing) a month ago or smtn. :/

The new season has arrived on all platforms and with it the latest Update 7.0, a new seasonal mode and new bundles in the shop.

This season will last until August 4th, 10:00 a.m. CEST.

Seasonal mode:

At the start of the match, set the power of every unit in your starting deck to its Provision Cost.

Patch Notes: Link
Post automatically merged:

I'm stuck in the magic season and I don't go into the griffin season

I have a question about the season trees. Right now there are two season trees (Season of the Griffin, Jerome Moreau) and one leader tree (George of Kagen). Are all of these recurring trees? Meaning, if I start purchasing nodes in them and I don't finish by the end of the season, will I be able to continue where I left off when they eventually return?

I have a question about the season trees. Right now there are two season trees (Season of the Griffin, Jerome Moreau) and one leader tree (George of Kagen). Are all of these recurring trees? Meaning, if I start purchasing nodes in them and I don't finish by the end of the season, will I be able to continue where I left off when they eventually return?
I'm pretty sure that CDPR has refused to answer that question because they haven't made up their minds yet. All three trees might return next year, or maybe just one or two. It's anyone's guess, but it seems probable that at least the first tree, Season of the Griffin, will come back year after year.

DRK3

Forum veteran

I cant answer that, what we know for sure was that last year, each season had 2 reward trees, then this year there was only one that was new, but after many complaints, they added the two old ones too. And i dont think they've said anything yet about what to expect next year on reward trees.

On another note, i noticed today on the shupe shop you can now buy a pack with the final trinkets of the 2 old reward trees of this season for 400 Mpowder, i dont know if from now on this will be a thing or not though.

On another note, i noticed today on the shupe shop you can now buy a pack with the final trinkets of the 2 old reward trees of this season for 400 Mpowder, i dont know if from now on this will be a thing or not though.

That's actually why I was asking. I'd rather finish the trees the "proper" way but starting something I may not be able to finish, especially when I can just get the rewards, seems like a waste of RPs.

That's actually why I was asking. I'd rather finish the trees the "proper" way but starting something I may not be able to finish, especially when I can just get the rewards, seems like a waste of RPs.

I would only start those Seasonal Trees that you are able to finish, I think the Devs said something like "we shouldn't expect them returning next year" when they brought back the two Trees from last year after the complaints.

Top Bottom