Season of the Griffin

+

New season has just begun – and in this month’s seasonal mode, power of all cards will be equal to their provision value!

Season of the Griffin will last until Wednesday, July 31st, 10AM CEST. But remember: no man alive, no matter his brawn, no matter his skill, can parry a blow dealt by the tail of a slyzard, the pincers of a giant scorpion or the claws of a griffin…

What happened to the Season of the Dryad? It's not among ingame contracts. Will it ever come back?

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, it didnt even take people 12 hours to "break" seasonal mode and come up with impossible to beat decks.

Its weird because in regular mode im having a lot of success with Syndicate, vs other Syndicate decks, but on Seasonal all i get is NG who do 10-30 points with each move.

I guess its another month to skip seasonal...

[...] but on Seasonal all i get is NG who do 10-30 points with each move.

Deckbuilding for the last few seasonal modes has become too obvious. With the current one, you just put in as many low strength and high provision units as you can fit, Roach being auto-include in all decks. Avallac'h and Zoltan are also interesting picks.

Its weird because in regular mode im having a lot of success with Syndicate, vs other Syndicate decks, but on Seasonal all i get is NG who do 10-30 points with each move.
It is indeed strange. I am playing Monsters and all, what I am facing are one Nilfgaard deck after another. Emhyr, Jan, Usurper ... like if there would have been no other faction. Nonetheless, I have positive winrate, it is just boring to face Nilfgaard all the time.

Last season I played more seasonal than ranked/casual, this season it's going to be the other way around. :sleep:

So, it didnt even take people 12 hours to "break" seasonal mode and come up with impossible to beat decks.

I guess its another month to skip seasonal...

I don't know... I think there is some room for experimenting. This seems a good season for cards like Lippy Gudmund. I also tried Phoenix, but the revived unit has only 4 strength.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yesterday i said NG is clearly superior in this seasonal, but Monsters, more precisely, consume, is also ridiculously OP:

Usually cards like Ruehin and Dethlaff HV can be countered by Muzzle, banish or lock. But when they're 12/10 points, the first two options arent viable. So, what, you're gonna put locks on your seasonal deck to counter Monsters consume? Then NG will laugh at your face with their point spam with nothing worth locking.

If anyone comes up with any deck that's not these 2, that's decent in seasonal, please let me know, so i might give this stupid mode another chance.

DRK3

Forum veteran
I don't know... I think there is some room for experimenting. This seems a good season for cards like Lippy Gudmund. I also tried Phoenix, but the revived unit has only 4 strength.

Came back to this thread, because i remember somebody mentioned Lippy here, and since i got tired of "normal" modes, i decided to give seasonal a 2nd chance, and tried a Lippy deck today.

Thank you for the suggestion, it works amazingly well. Still lose quite often to NG, but its usually very close now, and can get some wins against less careful players.

Having those 34pts with witcher trio+roach is great, but while NG only uses it once, i get a 29pt on R2 (Lippy, Morkvarg and Roach) - which annihilates anyone going for the bleed, and then 24pt on R3 with witcher trio a 2nd time.

Im finally using Igni again too, for the 1st time since Homecoming. It hasnt bricked once and can usually get 2/4 units.

Against other factions, with this Lippy deck, its easy to win, even 2-0, but the problem is every NG card, even bronzes provide tons of value, that no other faction can compete with.

Thank you for the suggestion, it works amazingly well. Still lose quite often to NG, but its usually very close now, and can get some wins against less careful players.

You're welcome. :beer:

The decklist I'm using includes Kambi. A card that has been printed to catch less careful players off guard! Damien De la Tour, Zoltan, Igni,... they all beat the dust when Kambi is around.

I also have Ciri, which is a good 8 pt play and allows me to stay in round 2, for longer than usual. As (only) removal option I run Geralt of Rivia.

As for the bronzes I added the Svalbold Priest and the Protector duo, which can also provide high value in longer rounds. Plus the Svalbold Priest helps me disalign the 8 pt cards and dodge Igni. :ok:

Deckbuilding for the last few seasonal modes has become too obvious. With the current one, you just put in as many low strength and high provision units as you can fit, Roach being auto-include in all decks. Avallac'h and Zoltan are also interesting picks.

I agree with that, i ould hope for more challanging ideas. but its fun anyway xD

I think NG is clearly the strongest in this seasonal mode. It has a lot of killing machines, high provision, low body, that can brick in regular mode but here are always a safe bet. On top of Igni and Geralt that is seen in every deck, you have Leo who's another auto-kill, Shilard who has never been that useful and assire to replay roach... All on deploy. The other factions have either some big units that don't beneficiate as much from the seasonal mode, and all engines that you boost will get destroyed.
I've ran an Eithne deck with scorch, igni, schiru and other scorches which was pretty fun. But if you try to build something, to set up something, in this mode, you'll probably get countered. You can still try different techniques though. I've been grinding on my Usurper mastery (since I don't really like the leader in ranked) and made a little different deck just focused on messing with the oponent's deck. Infiltrators, graveyard messing around, Cynthia, Assire to put back fillers, Shilard (if you get to keep Syanna alive, it gets really funny), etc...

What really surprises me is that we don't see that many Foltest decks which could potentially run more removals than NG with its zeal... Oh well, I know what I'm doing next XD

Top Bottom