SEASON OF THE WILD HUNT IS HERE!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

A new season has begun with a brand new seasonal mode - this time whenever you play a unit, spawn a 1-power copy of it at the end of its row. As always, new avatars, borders and Wild Hunt cardback are now ready to be unlocked by completing quests from the Reward Book!

The season will last till January 9th 2020, 10am CET!

That is easily one of the coolest cardbacks in the game; the colours and the design are pretty much perfect.

Sounds like another seasonal mode that can easily lead to full boards. :p

Holy moly, these are some of the coolest vanity items we've seen in my opinion. It'll be time to grind for that top border!

DRK3

Forum veteran
Yeah, the mode just came out but im already seeing a surge of NR. Im actually having fun using SC to move all their engines out of their row, have managed to win +50pts once.

Im writing some guidelines for this mode (only started it today though), will post soon.

Just give it a day for people to realize that you can play almost infinite with Emyr and Damien and it will soon be unplayable
Post automatically merged:

PS: I enjoy the mode, it's fun. Already used fun combos with living armor and Olgierd and Alchemist. But I think the abuse of Emyr/Damien will overcome the mode

Surrender is an auto-include for this mode, wow. 6 Dwarfy engines...ouch. Sounds both great and terrible at the same time.

At first glance i really like this mode. It feels like it could be very workable for several strategies in each faction rather than what we've seen in many previous seasonal modes which is one faction and one build having a massive advantage.
I think i could have a lot of fun with this one.
However if what Raziel predicts comes true then i think this would be a very good point at which to introduce banned cards to each season.
One more thing that comes to mind; Am i the only one thinking that with all the possibilities to try out with this mode and with both sets of rewards to grind out being quite nice; that's it's a shame we only get one month with this mode?
I think i would quite like to see it stick around for two like the dwarven one.

Raunbjorn

Some really cool cosmetics for the coolest "archetype" they have abandoned. :)

DRK3

Forum veteran
Ive played a bit more Seasonal, and i finally got the cardback.

My SC deck did really well, even destroying lots of MO deathwish and consumes and NR engine spam. Players arent taking advantage of this mode's characteristics, i see lots of players using the usual tall monsters and Alghoul, which gains nothing in this mode.

My Eyck, Ocvist and Living Armour as finisher, if left uncountered, can often provide 60-80 pts, not to mention all the engines i got getting me passive points.

I faced that Damien Emhyr abuse, he tried the 2-0, failed and lost when i went to R3 with 2 cards and he none. I only struggled vs GS, i moved both Dagurs to ranged, but he put 4 GS and i had full rows and could do nothing about them.

I also lost when i faced a mirror match and tried the 2-0, and a NR that pushed me hard R1 with his leader, i went 1 CA down to R3 but it was close.

I am sure there are counters to Damien out there... but I don't know what they are. Even if I did have a counter, it is EXTREMELY boring to sit and watch my opponent shuffle the same cards and renew his leader ability over... and over... and over. I just forfeit now as soon as I see him come out.

I am sure there are counters to Damien out there... but I don't know what they are. Even if I did have a counter, it is EXTREMELY boring to sit and watch my opponent shuffle the same cards and renew his leader ability over... and over... and over. I just forfeit now as soon as I see him come out.
Forfiet is the best counter. Otherwise you need to build a deck that can remove 2 defenders (and they almost always have something to boost the 1 str copy). Then put removal in for Damien. Oh, and probably some removal for Letho King slayer as well. And then more locks, removal and purifies for the rest of the crap packed in there. At which point the deck builder tells you your deck is illegal because it doesn't have enough units.

Last edited:

DRK3

Forum veteran
Im pretty sure SK's Dagur+ GS can destroy Damien spam on one round, the problem is the milling and how you win the other round, but it might work with enough ressurrects to use the same strategy 2 rounds.

Im pretty sure SK's Dagur+ GS can destroy Damien spam on one round, the problem is the milling and how you win the other round, but it might work with enough ressurrects to use the same strategy 2 rounds.
It's not a healthy meta if you're restricted to playing one of two decks to get ahead. And the existence of counters doesn't excuse making the same unpopular design choices for the game, namely binary metas.

Guest 4368268

Yeah, this Damien stuff looks pretty unlikely to be stopped if executed remotely properly. At least that one seasonal where Arachas Queen was crazy strong it had very viable counters (Usurper for one)

I don't expect them to balance cards around seasonal modes, but it would be nice if they put at least some effort into balancing seasonal around the cards.

Also it's dissapointing that the community still goes full net deck try hard even in a mode like this. I've long accepted the way people go about ranked and even casual mode, but I particularly don't really see the point in acting all MLG in a gimmicky mode.

Raunbjorn

Will there be a way to obtain these cosmetics for console players? This is the only skins I'm interested in.

Top Bottom