Season of the Wolf has started

+
Also the icons for leader abilities are somehow higher then before and partially hidden behind the tab that lets you see match history...

DRK3

Forum veteran
I noticed a very good change in contracts (although i noticed it last month, but now im sure its not just a bug):

The contracts that require you to win x games in each season now also count seasonal mode wins. Before, only ranked wins would count. Not sure if casual wins also count now, maybe someone can confirm.

The contracts that require you to win x games in each season now also count seasonal mode wins. Before, only ranked wins would count. Not sure if casual wins also count now, maybe someone can confirm.
I mostly play casual and I do confirm - wins in casual count towards wins in season as well. It would be an understatement to say I was confused when I got an achievement of 5 games won in Season of Wild Hunt.
However, that wasn't always the case with previous season - I got that first part of contract only on 23-rd of December (I had only 3 games won in ranked before the restart of season, and I played in casual regularly - none of my wins before 23-rd of December ever counted in contract). So to me it seems like either a really sudden change or a bug.

Anyone else noticed that for some reason the Ranked box auto unchecks itself?
I log in, play some game thinking I am playing ranked to rank up for the season. Once the game is done you see no rank progression has been made.
Now I know even YouTubers has commented on this.
This has happened several times.
This gotta be a bug... :facepalm:

Is it just me, or does "Geralt: Quen" not trigger the seasonal quest to play 10 Geralt Cards?
I played him and a "Geralt: Yrden" in the same game but only show 1/10 in my seasonal quest progress.
Nope, not just you, this seems to be a bug with the Reward tree quest - it only counts the "previous" Geralts, Quen seemingly wasn't added to the checklist.

The other possibility is you were playing seasonal mode, redanian archers take 2dmg when played, then boost by 4, but this removes their armor instantly so they dont get more charges, need to give em back armor.
Most probably this was the case.

Does anyone know what the tittle "Doyen" stands for? It's the one you get in the store (400 meteorite ore) under ornaments along with the Witcher Wolf School Border and Vesemir avatar. And yes, I did search online for an answer before asking but I found no explanation...

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the tittle "Doyen" stands for?
As far as I know, it refers to Vesemir, himself, as the elder master of Kaer Morhen. (Ultimately, the word is etymologically linked to the word dean [as in the dean of a college], from the Latin and Greek decanus/dekanos, 'one set over ten, chief of a division of ten'. Originally, the term referred to ecclesiastic groups of monks.) Here, I'm fairly certain it was used merely to signify Vesemir's rank as a senior teacher in the School of the Wolf.

Hopefully in 6 days this supposed large balance patch will salvage the stale putrid meta. :confused: (that's Roach drowing in his own vomit in disgust of the current meta state)

Hopefully in 6 days this supposed large balance patch will salvage the stale putrid meta. :confused: (that's Roach drowing in his own vomit in disgust of the current meta state)

Has there been any word of what to expect next week? Patch notes, new Journey / faction event, new annual skills / trees, etc? I really hope the balancing does something to shake up the variety of decks in play. SY in particular needs help - I've only played against them 4 times in the past 100 matches since they just can't seem to compete against the other factions anymore.

I've gotten so bored of the current meta that for the past few weeks I've hardly done anything except login, reroll my dailies, play any RP ones, and then log back out.

Has there been any word of what to expect next week? Patch notes, new Journey / faction event, new annual skills / trees, etc? I really hope the balancing does something to shake up the variety of decks in play. SY in particular needs help - I've only played against them 4 times in the past 100 matches since they just can't seem to compete against the other factions anymore.

I've gotten so bored of the current meta that for the past few weeks I've hardly done anything except login, reroll my dailies, play any RP ones, and then log back out.
They did say that since we didn't get any actual balance changes for January that we will get a large patch for the next season (to make up for it I guess :} ). And they almost always time their patches to match the day a new season starts. As for what we get after Alzur's Journey ends, for that I don't think we had any information. Actually that's a very interesting question. :think:

Top Bottom