Season of the Wolf is here!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

Season of the Wolf is here with a brand new seasonal mode! This month whenever a unit appears on the battlefield, damage it by 2, then boost it by 4. If it is a Witcher, boost it by 4 instead.

Additionally we have made a couple tweaks with Patch 5.0.9:

- Shop menu item was moved to the top of the screen, it is now easily accessible from "Play" screen as well
- Updated rank table: players now lose less ranks at the start of a new season. From ranks 1 to 13 players lose now 2 ranks, from 14 to 23 1 rank, and 0 ranks from 25 to 30. As for Pro Rank players will now lose 3 ranks apart from the top 500 players
- [iOS] Fixed an issue whereby it was not possible to see Friends in the Social Panel. Challenging Friends is once again possible.
- Fixed an issue whereby the Order ability of Barghest could be activated, even if the Dominance requirement was not satisfied
- Fixed an issue whereby Immortals with Shield status re-gained that status every allied turn. As such Thirsty Dame can no longer get boosted for that interaction incorrectly.

The season will last till February 4th at 10AM CET!

Here are the seasonal rewards:

Lexor

Forum veteran
Updated rank table: players now lose less ranks at the start of a new season. From ranks 1 to 13 players lose now 2 ranks, from 14 to 23 1 rank, and 0 ranks from 25 to 30.

According to your Polish version of this annoucement:

Nowa tabela rang: gracze będą spadali o mniej rang na początku nowego sezonu. Na rangach 1-13 gracze tracą 2 rangi, na rangach 14-23 tracą 1 rangę, a na rangach 25-30 rozpoczynają nowy sezon z tą samą rangą. Gracze Pro Rank, wyłączając top 500, tracą 3 rangi.
Last sentence is missing: "Gracze Pro Rank, wyłączając top 500, tracą 3 rangi." (translation: "Pro Rank players, excluding top 500, lose 3 ranks").

Is this valid or not? I'm asking because some r0 player lost FIVE ranks.

Last edited:
I didn't got the winter cardbacks but this cardback and the Roach avatar will be a must have for me <3

Hello, I must admit I am really dissatisfied that everyone who logged in before the patch gets now multiple down ranks.
In my case, before the patch I achieved yesterday rank 2, but instead getting degraded to rank 4, I am now staying on rank 6.

Is there a probaly a chance you fix that?
Thank you in Advance!

I obviously do not know how their database works, but I suppose the easiest fix would be to reset all ranks before the season and than apply the patch again [...]

Roach avatar?! I guess I will try and play seasonal this month, and spend RP in the seasonal tree until I get that. Shouldn't be hard, by the look of the tree. :D

This month whenever a unit appears on the battlefield, damage it by 2, then boost it by 4. If it is a Witcher, boost it by 4 instead.

For once*, it would be nice to have a faction challenge that doesn't (obviously) heavily favors one specific faction or tactic. As mentioned in my suggestion, The Seasonal Modes need to be improved, these challenges are too easily "solved" and only lead to an even more stale meta.

*Season of the Draconid, I know.

It may be incorrect, however, it seems to me that the premium cards for Griffin had already been given as rewards in one of previous seasonal trees.
tmp.jpg

DRK3

Forum veteran
It may seem that SK will dominate this season... maybe it will but there are other factions that can benefit from this seasonal mode's conditions:

1st, witcher decks. The obvious choice for them is NG, which also has synergy with boosted enemy units (and can be reset later with Yrden)

2nd, Northern realms also has synergy with boosted units (Vissegerd) and 'Inspired'.

Lastly, i wanna stress out that summoned or spawned units are also affected by the -2 +4 effect, so anything that puts mulltiple 3pt or more units is great. (Magic Djinn stratagem when used isnt affected by the -2 +4 though)

I logged into game 3 hours ago and lost 4 ranks as usual.
There are no Dryad ornaments in the shop though there is a banner promoting them.

Anyone having the same issues?

The rank drop update will only affect seasons starting with this one. It was not supposed to be in effect yet so nothing is wrong with that system.
Source: Reddit comment by Burza.
Okay, so I was rank 4 before and dropped to 8, but that seems normal according to your post. However, I did not get any end of season reward points, is it normal that it can take longer or did something go wrong.
It is only my second season so I'm not sure.

Payus

Forum regular
It may seem that SK will dominate this season... maybe it will but there are other factions that can benefit from this seasonal mode's conditions:

1st, witcher decks. The obvious choice for them is NG, which also has synergy with boosted enemy units (and can be reset later with Yrden)

2nd, Northern realms also has synergy with boosted units (Vissegerd) and 'Inspired'.

Lastly, i wanna stress out that summoned or spawned units are also affected by the -2 +4 effect, so anything that puts mulltiple 3pt or more units is great. (Magic Djinn stratagem when used isnt affected by the -2 +4 though)
Not all summons, sigdrifa's rite isnt affected

Top Bottom