Season of the Wolf is here!

+
I tried a similar NG deck already, it was the first thing i tried as soon as the seasonal mode came out, as many did, since lots of seasonal quests motivate using a witcher deck.

But even though i had some success with it, and lots of mirror matches, i didnt feel like i was gonna win everytime, which happened when i changed to NR and started playing with my opponents, no matter what i did, i would win. I think i lost 3 times with NR, twice against other high level NR players, and only once against a NG witcher deck that managed to lineup a mega igni.

Honestly, i think using geralts that target a single target is no match for NR point slam, when EVERY SINGLE PLAY i do the entire match is worth at least 10pts, while NG has power moves with the gold witchers, but their bronzes dont attain the same value, not even with poison.

You're against using renew, which is 14prov, but you use the witcher trio that only provides 18pts (21 with Vesemir boost) for 24 provisions, and can be easily Yrden'ed which breaks even immediately, even without other units on the row.

The use of Arbalest to banish a card, could definitely be a gamechanger, against my strategy it would increase the opponents odds by a lot, but i cant judge if you're getting enough value from it.
Would you mind showing that NR decklist ?
From my current observations I feel far more comfortable running NG and do not see how your NR pointslam is supposed to outperform proper NG Witcher decks (outside of the ridiculous Visegerd + Igni play).
Honestly I found that opposite to the previous Seasonal Mode the person going second is at an insane advantage, which is the largest factor deciding who wins (that and if one runs either of NR or NG).

DRK3

Forum veteran
Would you mind showing that NR decklist ?
From my current observations I feel far more comfortable running NG and do not see how your NR pointslam is supposed to outperform proper NG Witcher decks (outside of the ridiculous Visegerd + Igni play).
Honestly I found that opposite to the previous Seasonal Mode the person going second is at an insane advantage, which is the largest factor deciding who wins (that and if one runs either of NR or NG).

I didnt use Pincer Maneuver because i already had that mastery and that would be overkill, and besides i could use the chance to get wins with other NR leaders like Adda.

But Pincer Maneuver would probably be the best:

This is a quick version, very similar to what i used. Blue Stripes scout is to create more immortal cavalries, what i consider the best bronze in this mode.

I mean, you play queen adalia+immortal cavalry on one row, another immortal cavalry on the other, that is 33 pts in 2 turns (1 if used leader ability), how do you counter that? Cant Igni, a Yrden will reset at most 10 points, and the best pointslam available for NG is the witcher trio, which is even more vulnerable to Yrden than immortal cavalries...

(EDIT) Here's my extensive guide on seasonal mode if you're interested, with insight on some of the best choices for this mode

Guest 4368268

I don't wanna make a thread just to ask this question so I'll just ask here, what's up with the constant 'opponent connection lost' at the end of matches lately? I heard someone say it happens when a mobile player gets out of the app or something, if so please 'fix' this. It's getting mildly annoying because of how frequently this happens. Also I wish players weren't so impatient as to disconnect literally seconds before a game ends.

DRK3

Forum veteran
So, for those that dont still may not believe my word when i say NR is the best for this seasonal mode...

I have been playing the deck i shared here earlier, but with Adda, which is arguably not even as good for this deck as Pincer Maneuver, and guess what - i had 79 Adda wins, today i got 100, without losing or drawing a single time.

That is 21 wins in a row in seasonal. Some were against beginners yes, but there were also matches vs very experienced players, that still lost by a lot because most were using NG.

This is a screen of the 100th match - R3 didnt even need leader ability and last 2 cards to win:

Last NR Seasonal - Adda Mastery Match (R3).jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since im sick of playing NR seasonal, i decided to try something i saw in a video and with a faction not usually seen in seasonal - Syndicate.

It's basically an exploit, and kinda hard to setup, but if you do, its basically infinite points, only limited by the time limit each turn:

Before madness
SY Seasonal Exploit Deck before.jpg

After madness
SY Seasonal Exploit Deck.jpg

I had luck i got a beginner on my 1st try. I felt really bad for him, so i stopped pressing the "infinite pts button" on last two turns, most other players would have forfeited way before it reached this point (could have gone to +500pts)

Top Bottom