SEASON OF THE WOLF IS LIVE!

+
Couldn't agree more with the sentiment that current system isn't very good. To say the least. I do understand that pro-ladder needed a boost but I can't comprehend why are we forced to play this insane number of games as people with families, etc. I mean, we all love to compete but people like me have no pro aspirations. It feels that unless I neglect some parts of my life, I have no way to enjoy the competition. It's grind like never before. A grind that has little to do with skill. Again, I do understand that a certain threshold of games played is needed. But this?

it diesplays 0 but you actually get the reward points if you look at your reward book

As per other users this doesn't work if you don't remember how many rewards points you had prior to the season ending, like for me. So impossible to know if we got them or not.

EDIT:
Just saw this on the support website, so I guess I'll trust that I got them:
Season End Rewards, x0 Rewards Points displayed on Ranked Season transition screen
Created 5 hours ago  Updated 4 hours ago

We are currently looking into the visual issue whereby players may see "x0 Reward Points" displayed on the Ranked Season transition screen. In fact, Ranked Points are correctly granted for eligible players, in accordance with this table.
Please note that the requirement to receive Season End Rewards is to play at least 1 Ranked Match in the Ranked season.

Last edited:
Lol ranked is currently nonexisting. 5-10min+ search time in 5-1 ranks. And i can understand why. Play for what? For playing in Casual ranked ladder you will just receive points that can be easy grinded through casual matches. And pro rank is a ladder in itself that forces you to keep stable MMR with 4 factions. And for what? 200+ hours to reach top 500 for a title? It's also funny to see people in the ladder in top 10 with 40-45% win rate simply because they play all factions. While someone whose playing only one or two even with 60%+ win rate would be always below them. I really hope they will fix it somehow in season tree. At the moment there is no sense of progress.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more with the sentiment that current system isn't very good. To say the least. I do understand that pro-ladder needed a boost but I can't comprehend why are we forced to play this insane number of games as people with families, etc. I mean, we all love to compete but people like me have no pro aspirations. It feels that unless I neglect some parts of my life, I have no way to enjoy the competition. It's grind like never before. A grind that has little to do with skill. Again, I do understand that a certain threshold of games played is needed. But this?

Completely agree.

I don't get why you need to have minimum 40 games with 4 factions to even place on the Ranked Ladder (for Pro Ladder thats fine) but on Ranked they need to reduce it to like 10 games per faction to unlock full MMR, so you can actually compete on skill and place properly on the Ranked Ladder instead of just grinding games and not even unlock your full MMR before you are reset.

As it stands now, Ranked leader board can all but be removed from the game. There is no competition for top spots as you need to play 180 games just to unlock your MMR and then the competition starts, but nobody with a job and family can do that in 1 month!

Completely agree.

I don't get why you need to have minimum 40 games with 4 factions to even place on the Ranked Ladder (for Pro Ladder thats fine) but on Ranked they need to reduce it to like 10 games per faction to unlock full MMR, so you can actually compete on skill and place properly on the Ranked Ladder instead of just grinding games and not even unlock your full MMR before you are reset...
Wait, what?

You are obliged to play with all the factions in order to climb? What if I want to ENJOY the game and simply play competitive with something I like? What if I just don't like playing with certain factions? You'll force me to in order to get rewards?

Haven't played for a month and I see ZERO reason to return to this abomination.

Play your game yourselves, CDPR.

Wait, what?

You are obliged to play with all the factions in order to climb? What if I want to ENJOY the game and simply play competitive with something I like? What if I just don't like playing with certain factions? You'll force me to in order to get rewards?

Haven't played for a month and I see ZERO reason to return to this abomination.

Play your game yourselves, CDPR.

It does not apply to rewards in Ranked, it only applies to your position on the Ranked leaderboard; so if you don't care about placing on the leaderboard and don't care about competing for leaderboard position, you are fine.
To get rewards only thing that matters is Rank and that is no longer based on your MMR until you get to Pro Rank.

I started playing a bit less than a month ago, so I'm not sure how seasonal resets work exactly.

I've been playing the ranked mode and I am not progressing in the Season of the Wolf contract. I've won 4 or 5 games so far, but my progress is still at 0. The Season of the Wild Hunt contract logged correctly, but this one won't. I even tried closing the game and reopening it, but I just won another game and checked again and I'm still at 0. Any ideas?

Changing the Pro ladder and rank system was huge mistake by them. The game players number is going down as is and this will just increase the progression.
You cant play Pro ladder normally now, you need like 8 or more games per day just to complete the 160 per month and they you need even more to have a Chance to stay in Pro ladder. Last month there were less then 2k people in the leader boards most of them will be out of the ladder now and i highly doubt that they will play to go back in it.
You cant play Ranked, because it is not the highest peak that counts at the end of the season for rewards(no idea why they did that, same for the pro ladder) and the searching for match takes minutes.
You cant play Casual, because the searching there is even worse.
You cant even make your dailies, because of the all things above.
The change for the crafting also wasnt good, people had a lot of scraps, because they played for 2 years or more, it is normal that they accumulated resources. Another thing for the future nerfs/changes on cards that they will not have full value is also extremely weird, especially the line - small changes will not refund the full value of card. What are small changes in card games?:) If i have card/cards that have X health and X damage as stats and you change these stats down with 1 or its effect, it completely negates the card/cards place/synergy in the deck(the card is in the deck, because of the damage that it does/effect). I play this cards in my deck, because for its stats/effect, if you change the stats down then obviously it loses its place in the deck.

All these comments about it taking an insane amount of games/hours to compete are rediculous. Yes if you want to be top 200, you need to play a lot (or have an incredibly high winrate and 200+ games), but top 500 is absolutely achievable. I was surprised and thrilled that I got there, received a title and get to remain in the pro ladder.

I don't get much time to play Gwent. Often when I'm playing, I have to forefit and close the game because life gets in the way and it can't wait 5-10 minutes for my attention. Despite this, by the time I'd played my 160 games this month I had a high enough mmr to be top 500 and that wasn't high at all. I only gained about 50 mmr per faction at my peak. The pros are gaining something like 200 mmr per faction.

The system isn't perfect and the number of games are still a little too high. I had to forefit my last 20 NR games because I didn't have time to put in another 4 hours this month, which isn't ideal, but if you get a good enough peak early on you can still retain top 500 even under these circumstances.

For reference, all you had to do this month was win 7 consecutive games with each faction and you could lose every other game you play up to the 40 game threshold.

I actually really like the new MMR system as it's good for the meta and it makes you try out the different factions.

I really like that pro ladder is now above ranked ladder, because it was a joke game mode before, just a better version of casual, whereas now it's a true extension of the ranked ladder.

I hope CDPR improve the experience of the rank 1-5 games however. From the comments I've read, that sounds absolutely awful! Luckily, I've been in pro ladder ever since homecoming launched. I honestly think if I ever drop out of pro ladder, I won't have the time to commit to ranking up high enough to get back into it...

Hi, Newbie to the forums but big fan of Gwent on Xbox...May be a dumb question but how do I start the new season? Cant find any reference to it in the game??

All these comments about it taking an insane amount of games/hours to compete are rediculous..
First of all, it's "ridiculous". If you're going to be condescending, do it right.
Second, 40 per action is an insane amount. Ten, fifteen max would do just right. Especially given the measly 5-7 mmr you gain.
Thirdly, and more importantly, you missed the point completely: people like me don't want to go through all this or maybe even be on pro-ladder. We don't want anything to do with e-sports. But we were given no choice. If there is a separation, we don't care what "pros" like you are forced to do. It's either separate the two (but I don't think that will happen) or make it appealing to all (and not just a few). Do we have an understanding now?

First of all, it's "ridiculous". If you're going to be condescending, do it right.
Second, 40 per action is an insane amount. Ten, fifteen max would do just right. Especially given the measly 5-7 mmr you gain.
Thirdly, and more importantly, you missed the point completely: people like me don't want to go through all this or maybe even be on pro-ladder. We don't want anything to do with e-sports. But we were given no choice. If there is a separation, we don't care what "pros" like you are forced to do. It's either separate the two (but I don't think that will happen) or make it appealing to all (and not just a few). Do we have an understanding now?
Not at all. My point is I'm not a pro and never will be unless my personal circumstances change dramatically. I'm a normal casual gamer and I really like the system and have been quite successful with it in my opinion. I just wanted to put across that point of view because it doesn't seem like anyone else is saying it: the new multi-faction MMR is actually really fun and good for the meta. 40 games is admittedly too high though. 20 would be better for non-pro, especially if they don't take your peak MMR for the leaderboard in ranked like they do in pro ladder.

I rate the Plus that there are 500 players in the Pro Rank
The weaker (or those who did not have time to play) are falling to the 5th rank.

The effect of more players on 5 ranks, and now the best players in Top 500 (mmr above 9754)

To be promoted from 5 ranks to 0 ProRank now requires a balance of +25 wins, which takes time and for which it may be difficult to do.

Not at all. My point is I'm not a pro and never will be unless my personal circumstances change dramatically. I'm a normal casual gamer and I really like the system and have been quite successful with it in my opinion.
I was being sarcastic.
I just wanted to put across that point of view because it doesn't seem like anyone else is saying it: the new multi-faction MMR is actually really fun and good for the meta. 40 games is admittedly too high though. 20 would be better for non-pro, especially if they don't take your peak MMR for the leaderboard in ranked like they do in pro ladder.
Nobody's arguing that x numbers of games per faction is a bad idea. We're saying that 40 per plus the way both ladders were combined is a bad idea. So, we do agree that current system isn't good for non-pro competitive players?

And still we have no 1680*1050 resolution, since closed beta i can`t set full res for my screen - thx CDPR, always glad to play your games (that was with sarcastic tone)

Top Bottom