Seasonal is unplayable in cellphone

+
Well, my fist topic here and i have to say, seasonal is unplayable in cellphone.

I know this seasonal has appeared a few months ago and a lot of ppl have fun in it, but in that time the game hasnt coe yet to android, so there was no problema (i think) playing in pc or console.

But in cellphone, with touchscreen wich requires you put your finger and not all the time the cellphone respond,i think seasonal is unplayable, especiali with leader who have more than one charge.

Example, i was playing with ursine ritual and if i use one charge, until the end off the round it will use another charge in a random creature.

Also, use cards like oneiromance and tactical decision is really dificult to.

I know a lot of ppl will say thats the fun of seasonal, and i need to create a new deck to play it. Ok, i understand it, al the seasonal are in this way. But i am worred about the diference playing in cellphone and in pc, because its not the deck or the person but the sistem

Even on the PC it's difficult. You've got enough time to play a card and select a target / trigger an order or two. That's part of the challenge. You're best off creating decks that don't require a lot of micromanagement.

Well you can see more ppl blaming here

and here

its not because ppl loved the seasonal las time its playable in the new structures (ios/andoid).

Devs should see it

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
[...] i think seasonal is unplayable, especiali with leader who have more than one charge.

As mentioned, even PC users cannot keep up and that's part of the idea behind this seasonal. Just like with every season, certain cards are more favorable. The only difference this time is -well- time (or there lack of).

As mentioned, even PC users cannot keep up and that's part of the idea behind this seasonal. Just like with every season, certain cards are more favorable. The only difference this time is -well- time (or there lack of).
Ok i bet you in this seasonal you will see less ppl playing than the last draconid seasonal.

Last draconid you have pc players and console, and now you have ios/android and pc players.

In a few weeks (after everyone do those stupid quests in the new tree) lets see if i am right

also, as i said, its part of the dificult of the seasonal the time and create another deck, and i know it, every seasonal is in this way. But what i am baming its because the game its diferent in pc and smartphones

It would be playable on PC when there would be faster or no animations. I think it was in April when CDPR reworked the animations. Since then it's slower to play.
I could play faster but the game won't let me. For example after switching turns it takes some time to select a card.

I can see your problem. I played a couple rounds on a PC when my internet connection was glitching a bit. At one point, after latency made me fail to even play a card, it took me a couple of tries to even forfeit a now hopelessly botched match. Latency issues like that on a hardline are pretty rare for me, on a mobile device they are much more common, which is why I prefer to not play on mobile. Added to the issues you mention and I can see the new seasonal format being pretty unfavorable to mobile players.

About the leaders and certain cards, yeah, there are cards and combos that will be especially hard to use--that is part of the fun of a special format, though. If you play it safe, you will stick to simple, reliable cards and leader skills that don't require a lot of tricky timing. I have had difficulty completing, in a timely fashion, chains which started with Syanna doubling Dandelion, when they turned up other cards requiring complex decisions, even in regular game formats. I won't be using her in the new seasonal! Someone that thinks fast (and has a reliable connection) will get a significant advantage over slower thinkers, as they should, and may be able to get way with funkier cards and combos.

It is a tough format for everyone, but even tougher, I guess, if you are on mobile, which is too bad.

I have to agree. I play on mobile, and it sucks. Its just that the animations take too long. Using leader ability is not possible! It doesnt matter that I made up my mind and I know exactly which card I want to play or what I want to do, by the time the little figurine has finished waving his sword around, my time is up and it defaults to something I didnt intend. I was looking forward to this seasonal since everyone was raving about it, but I already hate it :(

I have to agree. I play on mobile, and it sucks. Its just that the animations take too long. Using leader ability is not possible! It doesnt matter that I made up my mind and I know exactly which card I want to play or what I want to do, by the time the little figurine has finished waving his sword around, my time is up and it defaults to something I didnt intend. I was looking forward to this seasonal since everyone was raving about it, but I already hate it :(
Already hate it too.

I Will play only to finish The seasonal tree quests

I play on iPhone with ZERO issues.

MO full frost deck with Woodland Spirit leader (boost a unit in hand by 8). It has some cards that need selection.

It's fine, even on Android. You have enough time to use an order and play a card, or play a tutor or create.
Unfortunately SK and SY are kind of broken, but on the other hand - after +-9 months NG doesn't have an unfair advantage in seasonal.

Guest 4368268

This year around the mode often feels very frustrating, I didn't feel that way last year around. I can't quite say what it is.
I wish there were just a few extra seconds available to you. If for no other reasons than to compensate for the animations etc.

I love the fact you have to be quick I just hate that I can't execute even simple orders/tutors properly in a turn. I know some argue "that's what the mode is for" but again I disagree, for me it's about thinking on your feet. Not merely playing thrive Monsters without additional abilities. When you Triss TK and before you've even been able to look at the cards the game decides to zap one of your own units, that kinda sucks.

This year around the mode often feels very frustrating, I didn't feel that way last year around. I can't quite say what it is.
I wish there were just a few extra seconds available to you. If for no other reasons than to compensate for the animations etc.

I love the fact you have to be quick I just hate that I can't execute even simple orders/tutors properly in a turn. I know some argue "that's what the mode is for" but again I disagree, for me it's about thinking on your feet. Not merely playing thrive Monsters without additional abilities. When you Triss TK and before you've even been able to look at the cards the game decides to zap one of your own units, that kinda sucks.
Exactly this, most of the time I can't even play a card and execute one order

Agreed - an absolutely unplayable mode on mobile due to excessive animations. Leaders repeat abilities without requests, aggresive auto-actions and other glitches like the visual timer is slightly different to the real server timer.

I do agree that mobile users are disadvantaged in this seasonal mode. I don't see an easy solution, though.
I see - to add an option to completely disable animations.

Last edited:
Even outside of seasonal it's obvious how much worse it's on phone vs on PC... game takes too long to respond to my actions and it costs me games. :/

Top Bottom