Seasonal reward tree stays from last year?

+

nehu

Forum regular
hi,
season of the wolf is the first one im participating for the 2nd time (ive started with gwent like year ago)

i didnt not unlock all nodes and now i have some unlocked

its right or just a bug?

1610973589207.png

It's not a bug. If you can't complete a season tree this time around, you can continue where you left off the next year. It's how it's supposed to work.

Lexor

Forum veteran
hi,
season of the wolf is the first one im participating for the 2nd time (ive started with gwent like year ago)

i didnt not unlock all nodes and now i have some unlocked

its right or just a bug?
The current new season of the wolf is the last season in circle of "new seasonal trees" - the next season (season of the bear) will be the first one when we are expecting changes with "old trees will be back" rule. So enjoy these trees for (probably) the last time.

It's not a bug. If you can't complete a season tree this time around, you can continue where you left off the next year. It's how it's supposed to work.
This is only partially true. It's only supposed to work for the last time. We are expecting "new rule" in the next season as it will be the first in new year with completely new seasonal trees.

nehu

Forum regular

ok, thanks for your answer

then i can spent my reward points without fear

as lexor wrote, i tought reward trees shouldnt be repeated, but thats coming next time

Don't expect this going into the next year, the only reason why we got last year trees this year is because CDPR prommised they would be multy-year then they went back on that promise at the start of this Gwent year, they got absolutely skewered for it by the community so they had to backpaddle and patch in the old trees.

But since then there has been zero communication about how this will work going forward to next Gwent year, and at this point it would not be surprising if all the trees from past two years will be gone forever after February 2021.

Personally I think that is a huge mistake as you lose a lot of cool art and all the Lore you unlocked in those trees for hundreds of reward points, and the trees should be persistent with each Season having a dedicated Reward Book page with all current and past trees.

Sorry for the confusion here! We will have 2 years' worth of seasonal trees rotating monthly starting from March: Wild Boar and Wererat. There will be *no new monthly seasonal trees* dedicated to the new year. However, we'll be adding a new tree dedicated to the new year. We're planning to expand RB with more new sections, but these additions will be permanent, not rotating monthly.

One additional comment about the seasonal modes - we want to rotate them frequently (think of the format we've tried in December 2020). It is also worth noting that some seasonal quests tied to the seasonal modes will be tweaked to be more universal.
In short the seasonal trees of the Year of the Wererat and Wildboar will return but there won't be new ones for the upcoming Year of the Ox (Prize winning Cow or whatever they will call it)but they will make other permanent additions to the Reward Book instead.

Source
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/lc0n1u

Top Bottom