Seasonal Reward Trees: Too Expensive?

+

Are this year's Monthly/Seasonal reward trees too expensive?

• Yes. Less unlock nodes required, please.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Yes, but just lower the cost of each unlock node instead of the number.

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Yes. More reward points please.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Other: too expensive (please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it's fine.

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No, it's too cheap. More nodes/cost please!

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Other: too cheap (please post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Last year reward trees simply asked that you get the chest in order to get the card back and avatar for the month/season. Now they demand you get EVERY single node if you want the card back and the avatar. This makes it harder to complete each season, especially if you're an established player without a ton of reward points on hand.

Is this too expensive? What do you think is the best option here?

Ideas to make things less expensive/difficult (as seen in the poll):
  1. Change it back so you only need to get the chest for both rewards. This makes some cups optional and turns most scrolls/story nodes optional as well.
  2. Change it so the nodes aren't as expensive. Requiring 20+ points in scroll/story nodes alone is pretty nuts, especially as those are seldom on the way to the cups/chest meaning you must buy a lot of nodes along the way.
  3. Make more ways for long term players to get reward points. The more frequent faction challenges helps, though perhaps other methods could be added as well. For example, persevering through a loss streak or being willing to play with unpopular factions could be more likely to grant reward points?
  4. More ideas...?

-----------------------

Personally I think it's too expensive which makes life harder on folks who can't spend so much time Gwent. Last year was tough but I could occasionally work towards other reward trees. I'm probably not going to be able to unlock anything else besides reward trees this year at this pace. This makes me a little sad. I also know if work picks up I will definitely miss seasons this year entirely. I didn't get to complete last year's Wild Hunt season, for example, as work and life were in the way and it was easier than this year is. I might never get it now....

How are you doing on your reward trees? Thoughts?

I like the only one tree and the cardback as the hardest reward to obtain. But I agree that at some point players have difficulties accumulating reward points.
Maybe increase the chance of getting them through the prestige 4 or 5 perk? Right now it seems incredibly low. And it would balance the reduction in RP you don't get from contracts anymore.

Gwent is one of the most generous CCG out there. I must say it is more than fine. you can complete all the trees if you just finish daily crowns.

Seasonal reward trees are ridiculously too expensive! One has to play for 2+ hours a day just to have a chance. That's an insanely poor decision by the developers and will only continue the lack of casual players trying/staying with this game.

Maybe increase the chance of getting them through the prestige 4 or 5 perk? Right now it seems incredibly low. And it would balance the reduction in RP you don't get from contracts anymore.
Yeah, once you've been here a long time (like me) you start running out of contracts and are stuck with hoping a match reward or daily challenge grants reward points. I have had weeks were I got no reward points despite grinding for hours.

It's a serious problem that plagues very established players. If some contracts were "infinite" and simply let you do them over and over again (ex: every 100 units poisoned gain 2 reward points) it wouldn't be a problem, but that's not the case. This is bad for player retention.

The idea of better chances of reward points being a prestige perk is pretty neat.

Seasonal reward trees are ridiculously too expensive! One has to play for 2+ hours a day just to have a chance. That's an insanely poor decision by the developers and will only continue the lack of casual players trying/staying with this game.

I agree. I find that a single game of Gwent tends to take 10-20 minutes. If you are on a hot streak and everything moves quickly you can get two daily crowns in an hour and a half. If you are having a bad day it can take three hours or longer. That's a lot of time invested for a chance at a reward point or two.

The daily quests rewards could also be all changed for reward points. Since you can then use those to buy nodes giving ore...

The daily quests rewards could also be all changed for reward points. Since you can then use those to buy nodes giving ore...
That would be very nice. Early on the ore was nice, but you get ore from daily crowns and random rewards from playing as well as the reward trees so it feels a little redundant to have it in daily quests as well. I usually discard/reroll any daily challenge that isn't granting reward points.

3 seasonal reward trees need 3x83=246 keys in total.

Daily Reward: Every day I can get 4 keys from daily reward( 6 + 12 small round reward), which is 4x30=120 keys.
Daily Quest: 4 keys a week from daily quest, which is 4x4=16 keys.
Level-up Reward: Each month I can get 45 levels up, which is 45 keys.
Seasonal Activity: Seasonal activity is about 25 keys which I can finish monthly.
End of Last Season: 15 keys from seasonal reward when the season is over.
Keep-online-everyday Reward: 4 keys from everyday-online reward.
Contracts: 10 keys from contracts , because I've already finished most of them.

120+16+45+25+15+4+10=235.

I play 3-4 hours everyday.

So there is still 11 keys required. Unless playing 5-6 hours a day (at least 11 days a month) to get another 24 small round key, so more keys please.

That's too hard.

I don't know what will happen if I didn't finish the reward tree in next year, will Gwent keep the progress I made this year?

I don't know If the rewards the same with last year. If they were the same, such amount of keys is enough for me. Otherwise, mission too hard.

Or another journey for players to get keys ?

DRK3

Forum veteran
I believe the OP is comparing this year's seasonal trees with the ones from last year... I didnt do the math, but even if there are more nodes and they cost more, im pretty sure completing a single reward tree is cheaper than completing two for an avatar and a cardback.

What i see here is people complaining about all 3, saying completing all 3 is too hard. Well, of course it is, because you're not supposed to!

The new trees are for those who already completed the ones last year, to still have something new every month.
The old ones were initially unavailable when the year of the wererat started, but players complained and CDPR did their wish and brought back the old reward trees too, so now all 3 are accessible to everyone...

And yet people still complain for more and more. Im very critical of the dev team, but on a matter of subjects i feel sorry for them - they give the hand and their players request the whole arm :giveup:

I believe the OP is comparing this year's seasonal trees with the ones from last year... I didnt do the math, but even if there are more nodes and they cost more, im pretty sure completing a single reward tree is cheaper than completing two for an avatar and a cardback.

What i see here is people complaining about all 3, saying completing all 3 is too hard. Well, of course it is, because you're not supposed to!

The new trees are for those who already completed the ones last year, to still have something new every month.
The old ones were initially unavailable when the year of the wererat started, but players complained and CDPR did their wish and brought back the old reward trees too, so now all 3 are accessible to everyone...

And yet people still complain for more and more. Im very critical of the dev team, but on a matter of subjects i feel sorry for them - they give the hand and their players request the whole arm :giveup:

Also, fwiw, CDPR has been making the seasonal cardbacks/avatars/borders available for purchase a few months after the season is over. The shop now has the Season of Love items there.

Top Bottom