Seasonal Trees Update is live!

+

New update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available for PC, PS4 and Xbox One! With this update, we’ve focused on adding seasonal trees and seasonal game mode to the game, as well as introducing some balance changes.

Full list of changes:
  • Premium cards that previously Spawned token cards without premium versions (only the "shimmer effect") will now Spawn non-premium versions instead.
  • Letho of Gulet: This card will have increased milling value for 3 days following the release of the update. When milled, it will create the same amount of resources required to craft the card.

New Features
  • Seasonal Tree Quest Nodes now in the Reward Book
  • New Game Mode: Seasonal
  • Current Seasonal Game Mode: Season of the Bear
  • Game Mode Icon Rearrangement in the "Play" Menu
  • Visual quality of Leaders has been improved.
  • A automatic end turn feature has been added and enabled by default (changeable in settings). This enables players to auto-end and/or auto-pass turns if there are no remaining actions to take.
  • Vibration support for gamepads on PC.
  • Reward Points are now displayed in the top-right corner of menu screens along with other in-game resources.
  • Added the option to select cardbacks in the Play menu.
  • Premium cards can now be crafted using a single button (for the same cost as crafting a non-premium card then transmuting it).

Neutral
  • Geralt: Igni's provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
  • Golden Froth's ability changed to: "Boost 3 adjacent units by 2."
  • Golden Froth's provision cost changed from 13 to 6.
  • Hanmarvyn's Blue Dream provision cost changed from 10 to 11.
  • Korathi Heatwave's provision cost changed from 13 to 12.
  • Mastercrafted Spear's ability changed to: "Zeal. Order: Damage an enemy unit by 1. Charge: 4. Limit 1 Charge per turn."
  • Removed the Organic category from Bone Talisman.
  • Removed the Organic category from Epidemic.
  • One of Shupe: Hunter's abilities changed to: "Deploy: Boost all units in your hand by 1."
  • One of Shupe Hunter's abilities changed to: "Deploy: Damage 3 random enemy units by 3."
  • Spores' provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Vaedermakar's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Wyvern Scale Shield's ability changed to: "Zeal. Order: Boost an ally by 1. Charges: 4. Limit 1 Charge per turn."

Monsters
  • Added Thrive to Wyvern.
  • Arachas Nest's provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Arachas Queen's ability changed to: "Order: Spawn an Arachas Drone and Summon it to an allied row. Charge: 3. Whenever an allied unit is destroyed during your turn, Spawn an Arachas Drone and Summon it to a random allied row.
  • Archespore's power changed from 1 to 2.
  • Removed Thrive from Archespore.
  • Foglet's provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Ghoul can now Consume only bronze units.
  • Ghoul's provision cost changed from 8 to 6.
  • Golyat's Deathwish ability will now Summon the highest enemy unit from the opponent's deck instead of the lowest.
  • Mourntart's Order ability is now restricted to the melee row.
  • Old Speartip's power changed from 13 to 12.
  • Parasite's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Weavess: Incantation's power changed from 3 to 2.

Skellige
  • Added Zeal to Coral.
  • Coral's Charge amount changed from 3 to 2.
  • Derran will now move 1 card from the deck to the graveyard instead of 3.
  • Derran's power changed from 2 to 4.
  • Derran's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Dimun Pirate's power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Heymaey Spearmaiden will now damage an enemy by 2 instead of 3.
  • Heymaey Spearmaiden's power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Removed Reach from Heymaey Spearmaiden.
  • Sigrdrifa's Rite provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Trophy Catch's provision cost changed from 5 to 4.
  • Tuirseach Axeman's power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Vabjorn's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.

Northern Realms
  • Cursed Knight's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Damned Sorceress's Reach changed from 1 to 2.
  • Falibor's provision cost changed from 10 to 8.
  • Hubert Rejk's provision cost changed from 7 to 8.
  • Reinforcements will now Spawn and Play a base copy of a bronze allied unit instead of Spawn and Summon.
  • Siege Master's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Síle de Tansarville's provision cost changed from 9 to 8.

Scoia'tael
  • Braenn's provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Dol Blathanna Bomber's power changed from 2 to 1.
  • Dol Blathanna Bomber's provision cost changed from 6 to 5.
  • Dol Blathanna Sentry's power changed from 3 to 4.
  • Eldain's Charge amount changed from 3 to 4.
  • Ele'yas's provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Elven Wardancer will now damage an enemy by 1 if not already boosted when played.
  • Mahakam Horn's ability changed to: "Zeal. Order: Boost adjacent units by 3. Ambush: When your opponent passes, boost adjacent units by 4."
  • Malena's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Removed melee row restriction from Mahakam Volunteers' Deploy ability.
  • Schirrú's power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Vrihedd Sappers' Deploy condition is now to control an Elf rather than have an Elf in hand.

Nilfgaard
  • Emhyr var Emreis's ability changed to: "Order: Move an allied Nilfgaardian unit back to your hand, then play a card."
  • Emhyr var Emreis's provision cost changed from 12 to 14.
  • Experimental Remedy's provision cost changed from 7 to 6.
  • Letho of Gulet's ability changed to: "Deploy: If Auckes is in your hand, Lock an enemy unit. If Serrit is in your hand, damage an enemy by 3."
  • Letho: Kingslayer's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Rainfarn of Attre's ability changed to: "Deploy: Boost an enemy by 2, then damage it by 4."
  • Rainfarn of Attre's power changed from 6 to 5.
  • Removed ranged row restriction from Fire Scorpion's Order ability.
  • Removed Reach from Venendal Elite.
  • Venendal Elite's power changed from 2 to 3.
  • Yennefer's Invocation provision cost changed from 11 to 10.

Game Fixes
  • Fixed an issue whereby Fire Scorpion's ability could not target allied units.
  • Fixed an issue whereby having no decks in the Deck Builder would cause card icons in the main menu to display incorrectly.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Deploy ability of Locked units played from the graveyard would not trigger.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Mastercrafted Spear could target allied units.
  • Fixed an issue whereby Locked units Summoned from the graveyard via Sigrdrifa's Rite would incorrectly remain Locked.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the VFX for Merigold's Hailstorm were missing.
  • Leo Bonhart's tooltip now correctly specifies that his Deploy ability on the ranged row can only target an enemy Witcher.
  • Numerous localization fixes.
  • Numerous tooltip fixes and improvements.
  • Removed chromatic aberration postFX due to player feedback.
  • Removed the card-draw sound effect that occurred before the "handshake" screen.
  • Removed the sound effect of the opponent's redraws during the redraw phase.
  • Traps Created via Imperial Diplomacy no longer appear as blank, white cards to the opponent.
  • Trophy Catch will now take units with Immune into account.
  • Zoltan Chivay's and Black Rayla's abilities will no longer count themselves.
  • The contract "Ch-Ch-Changes!" now correctly use the term "statuses" instead of "tokens."
  • Fixed an issue whereby stack counters for the abilities of Ardal aep Dahy, Sweers, Sihil, Whispess, Brewess, and Weavess did not appear correctly.

Seems good, although my deck with Hubert Rijk is now over provision. Dammit..

Anyways, no mention in the updates about removing the "casual match".. What's the reasoning behind this? It was a good mode to go and test decks, and the "practice" is basically quite useless, it's just against the same AI monster deck all the time, not various decks and opponents.

Casual match was a nice feature. I sometimes used this when I could not connect to a ranked match for some reason. And casual match usually had instant connection. Late nights if I'm too tired for ranked match and just want to play a few more matches, casual match was a nice option. It will be missed by me at least.
Post automatically merged:

The game sure plays a lot faster now! And yes, looks better without the chromatic aberration. :D

It is! This is very noticable when opening kegs. Nice.

I can't believe you still haven't patched the crashes for AMD cards that were introduced by 1.2 patch, in fact it seems 1.3 made it even worse; can't get through a single game without a crash.

Really dissapointed in CDPR for breaking the game like this after it ran flawlesly for over two years of closed and open Beta and even after the HC update, only to be completely broken for my system by 1.2 patch.

Casual mode hasn't been removed. You now have to toggle between casual and ranked play.

Alright! Great. Was that a good decision to make it like that?

What was wrong with how it was before? And is it clear/visible enough like it is now? I sure did not see it.

Alright! Great. Was that a good decision to make it like that?

What was wrong with how it was before? And is it clear/visible enough like it is now? I sure did not see it.

They mentioned on Stream it's roundabouts a way for everyone to get on Ranked, especially for new players. There's better matchmaking there than on Casual. Think the Ranked option is on by default IIRC, haven't had a chance to play the new update yet.

Yup, you're right. Personally I just think it made it less visually clear, and perhaps impossible to know unless you have the special knowledge required.

Ranked matches is what it is about anyways. Personally I'm happy to know "casual match" still exists, and I can continue to use it. Perhaps it's good they discourage use of "casual match" unless it is an active and informed choice.

I'm glad Emhyr's provisions were increased cause he got hit hard. I absolutely understand the change because you could do some crazy things with his ability. Like using Shupe or Regis twice. Can't wait to get home from college so I can try it out!

Yup, you're right. Personally I just think it made it less visually clear, and perhaps impossible to know unless you have the special knowledge required.

Ranked matches is what it is about anyways. Personally I'm happy to know "casual match" still exists, and I can continue to use it. Perhaps it's good they discourage use of "casual match" unless it is an active and informed choice.

I agree with you. They changed interface and didn't mentioned it on update notes. Can't be hard to add a sentence like "Casual and ranked matches are now on same place, player has the option to choose casual/ranked with a toggle button".

They changed interface and didn't mentioned it on update notes.
They did, though it's in the season start news:
Seasonal game modes have now a separate tile in the Play menu, placed next to the Classic tile which you can now use for both casual and ranked games (in order to play ranked games you need to have the “Ranked progression” enabled; matchmaking for these two modes is still separate).

Seasonal Tree Quest Nodes now in the Reward Book

The game is visually amazing. The Reward Book has a great design.

Mahakam Horn's ability changed to: "Zeal. Order: Boost adjacent units by 3. Ambush: When your opponent passes, boost adjacent units by 4."

...and here is what I don't like about this game.

Why would you change Mahakam Horn's ability? So that you don't end up with a "dead" card if you opponent already passed?

But that used to be the beauty of this game: knowing when to pass / knowing when the opponent would pass. Now if you miss your playing window with Mahakam Horn... well... you cannot miss your window really. You boost your units all the same.

The card has become more wordy, with more and more keywords (Zeal / Order / Ambush) but has lost depth.

You killed Shupe decks with Emhyr ability change . I find this sad.

Monsters nerfed badly as expected.

Derran become completely useless card now.

Top Bottom