Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
Was gonna report this but looks like a common issue, is it due to the fact neither dum dum, Royce, or brick died? Would love a fix as its spoiling 2 quest lines as have to talk to bes isis about something else

it should be understood if one of the three can be killed in another way!
Post automatically merged:

I found Royce bugged in combat position at All Foods Plant, too bad he's immortal and still!

Last edited:
registered just to post for solidarity lmao same issue plagued me earlier, tried just about everything. I went back to the all food plant and found a bugged Royce and Brick just sitting there, unable to be interacted with. I thought maybe I could hunt down Dum Dum there but nothing. Just Royce in a mech and Brick in his holding area. Neither talk or take damage.

I've almost finished the game and decided to do Johnny's missions before I go in for the finale. Unfortunately, after I leave Kerry's and head for Totentanz, I go up in the elevator and turn the corner to the entrance but Dum Dum isn't there. The mission objective says "Talk to Dum Dum" but there's no mission marker. When I approach, Johnny says "This guy looks familiar" and V responds to something I can't hear. I'm guessing it's the Dum Dum that isn't there. I've tried reloading a few saves back. I've tried skipping time, doing other gigs and side missions but when I come back to Second Conflict, it no longer even has a marker. Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to start the whole game over again so I can kill Dum Dum.

I'm playing on PS5.

Dum Dum does not spawn in the quest "second conflict" - it triggers V line and Johnny says something about that the guy is familiar. But there is no one to talk to. No Dum Dum.

At the start of the game when you get the Flathead from the Maelstrom gang, I used the Militech Credits ( without virus). I did not fight the Maelstrom guys.

I am playing on PC.

Playing on a PS5, patch 1.0.5. I take the elevator upstairs to the entrance to Totentanz but when I get to the door I get the mission update to "talk to Dum Dum", but he's not there, there's only 3 Maelstrom labeled "fanatic". No way to continue the mission.

I've tried saving and reloading from multiple points, tried jumping back a mission and playing from there, I've tried getting up to the bug and fast traveling around (once I leave the area there's no exclamation point showing me where to go anymore).

This is really pissing me off, I fought through continuous crashes and other smaller bugs, but haven't been hit with something game breaking until now. At this point I might just refund the game, does anyone know if you get to keep your save if you do?
Same here, and I'm playing on PC (edit: patch 1.05). I guess it has something to do with the fact that I didn't save Brick at the beginning of the game? I've tried going back to earlier saves multiple times, and also changing the time several times. I went downstairs and completed other missions, hope there will be a fix for this problem without making me loss all the progress.

Here is what happened. I went out of the elevator, Johnny said something to me in the hallway. I walked pass the plastic curtain, then I heard those three guys in front of the door said two sentences or three. I approached to them, Jonny appeared beside me and said something like "that one looks familiar" (I'm not playing with English audio). Then there's silence. After a few seconds, I said "If you mention him again, I will beat the crap out of you." Then it's totally stuck.

It's definitely best to report this problem here:
https://support.cdprojektred.com/en...-am-unable-to-complete-progress-in-a-quest-10 (but you might want to try their suggestions first if you haven't done that already).

On the website from CDPR support, the same topic exists for Xbox and PC too.

Did everything that was on that article and it did not fixed anything. Such a waste of 78 hours playing for something this dumb to happen, DCPR's execs really made a mess of what supposed to be a great game.

Dum Dum does not spawn in the quest "second conflict" - it triggers V line and Johnny says something about that the guy is familiar. But there is no one to talk to. No Dum Dum.

At the start of the game when you get the Flathead from the Maelstrom gang, I used the Militech Credits ( without virus). I did not fight the Maelstrom guys.

I am playing on PC.
Yes this is exactly what happened to me. I'm on 1.05 also. I can't complete this quest.

Top Bottom