Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
Playing on a PS5, patch 1.0.5. I take the elevator upstairs to the entrance to Totentanz but when I get to the door I get the mission update to "talk to Dum Dum", but he's not there, there's only 3 Maelstrom labeled "fanatic". No way to continue the mission.

I've tried saving and reloading from multiple points, tried jumping back a mission and playing from there, I've tried getting up to the bug and fast traveling around (once I leave the area there's no exclamation point showing me where to go anymore).

This is really pissing me off, I fought through continuous crashes and other smaller bugs, but haven't been hit with something game breaking until now. At this point I might just refund the game, does anyone know if you get to keep your save if you do?

Same issue here on ps4, I just wanna save the poor lady so I can get the band back together man ;_;

I even tried loading out, running back to street level etc.

Same issue here. PC on 1.06 this was literally the last quest chain before I go for the finale, and now I'm stuck.

It's a bummer that it doesn't work. I am really looking forward to continue this quest. But I am sure they will fix this bug soon so we can continue! ^_^

The game is awesome and luckily there are plenty of things to do to keep us busy.

I have the same glitch on Ps4, also appeared after the last update 1.05
It's disturbing as it was just fine before the last batch, as I seen lots of videos on it on YouTube

Same issue. Reported bug. If anyone finds a fix please let me know. Almost 80 hours in and now I can't progress. Playing on series x. 1.05

+1, PC here. I've tried reloading older saves, switching quest lines, reloading the entire game, verifying game files. No luck

I closed the game with patch 1.04 and didn't have this bug, I started a new character and today when I went to do this mission I just can't interact with Dum Dum. #Pc here

Maybe someone has 1.04 files? Can't rollback to previous version on Steam :(
You can revert to an earlier version on Steam: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e
In this case, the version you'd want is: https://steamdb.info/depot/1091501/history/?changeid=M:5397398694765825708

So the steam console command would be:
download_depot 1091500 1091501 5397398694765825708

I don't know that it'll fix this bug (I'm trying to download the prior version on GOG but it's really slow), but it's worth a shot.

You can revert to an earlier version on Steam: https://www.reddit.com/r/Steam/comments/611h5e
In this case, the version you'd want is: https://steamdb.info/depot/1091501/history/?changeid=M:5397398694765825708

So the steam console command would be:
download_depot 1091500 1091501 5397398694765825708

I don't know that it'll fix this bug (I'm trying to download the prior version on GOG but it's really slow), but it's worth a shot.

Thank you. Will try to do that.

Save files played on the new patch, unfortunately, don't work if you roll back the patch. You'd have to have a save from before the patch, and if you've played a lot since then, be willing to redo everything since that save.

Save files played on the new patch, unfortunately, don't work if you roll back the patch. You'd have to have a save from before the patch, and if you've played a lot since then, be willing to redo everything since that save.
What if you edit the metadata.9.json file to set "buildPatch" as "1.04" and "gameVersion" as 8? Since the saveVersion is 193 I take that to mean that the actual sav.dat file format is same and you might just be able to trick it to load the new save by changing those two values in the JSON.

What if you edit the metadata.9.json file to set "buildPatch" as "1.04" and "gameVersion" as 8? Since the saveVersion is 193 I take that to mean that the actual sav.dat file format is same and you might just be able to trick it to load the new save by changing those two values in the JSON.
I fear it would introduce more issues. Better wait for the patch then.

Dum Dum does not spawn in the quest "second conflict" - it triggers V line and Johnny says something about that the guy is familiar. But there is no one to talk to. No Dum Dum.

At the start of the game when you get the Flathead from the Maelstrom gang, I used the Militech Credits ( without virus). I did not fight the Maelstrom guys.

I am playing on PC.

I used the chip from Stout, but I mentioned there was a virus on it. Though I also didnt fight the Maelstrom guys because Militech invaded.

Just hit this mission this morning and have the same issue on PC. Dum Dum is there but I can't interact with him. Guess I just have unlucky timing if they broke this mission with yesterday's patch.

Top Bottom