Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
Playing on a PS5, patch 1.0.5. I take the elevator upstairs to the entrance to Totentanz but when I get to the door I get the mission update to "talk to Dum Dum", but he's not there, there's only 3 Maelstrom labeled "fanatic". No way to continue the mission.

I've tried saving and reloading from multiple points, tried jumping back a mission and playing from there, I've tried getting up to the bug and fast traveling around (once I leave the area there's no exclamation point showing me where to go anymore).

This is really pissing me off, I fought through continuous crashes and other smaller bugs, but haven't been hit with something game breaking until now. At this point I might just refund the game, does anyone know if you get to keep your save if you do?
I'm on PC and this happened to me too. I was working on getting the secret ending and well then this happened...I can't do anything and I've put in so many hours and it feels like it was all for nothing...super annoyed and just makes me not want to play.

After 1.05 patch..XBOX SERIES X buggs quest.. second run after patch quest dont work riders on the storm= cant scan vehicle tracks. 2:cyberpsycho sighting the wasteland, cant scan the blood or any briefcase. 3 the hunt- cant scan the files, file cabinet.

Things that were possible before this patch that work now doesnt work. Maybe more other quest...

I wanted to post because I think this may be related to the bug. In "The Pickup", Brick, Royce, and Dum Dum are all still alive. I didn't assume this was an error but I saw online that this wasn't supposed to be a potential outcome? Up until "Second Conflict", Brick has been stuck in that same closet, Royce is in his mechsuit in a corner where the fight from "The Pickup" ended, and Dum Dum was also still in that room. After the "Speak to Dum Dum" prompt appeared for the mission, he disappeared from the map and bugged the mission.

I'm playing the GOG copy on 1.05. Could be wrong about "The Pickup" outcome being abnormal, but maybe this info will help somehow.

Ok, my GOG download worked and I've confirmed that rolling back to 1.04 DOES fix this. However, you must have a save that's before you call Nancy (or maybe shortly thereafter). If you have a save from after you call Nancy, loading it in 1.04 is still broken.

In my case, I had a save from 1.05 that was right before I called Nancy. Unfortunately, as pointed out above the game won't normally load a 1.05 save from 1.04.

However, I was able to get 1.04 to load the 1.05 save by doing the following:
  1. In the metadata.9.json file set "buildPatch" to "1.04" and "gameVersion" to 8
  2. Open the sav.dat file in a hex editor. Near the very start of the file you'll see a byte that's 09:
    View attachment 11101076
    You need to change this byte to instead be 08.
Doing that, I was able to load that save and it seems to all be fine beyond that, since the overall save file format did not change in this patch.

Oh and for as what causes the bug, there is an array in the save file that contains the "god mode entities" which I'm guessing are the NPCs that are unkillable. In the working save files Dum Dum is listed there, but in the broken ones he is removed from that list, which is likely why he doesn't show up.

Fantastic! This worked for me. Thank you ever so much King.

Ok, chalonverse tip worked for me. For steam users out there who want to try it, use DepotDownloader (
helps a lot) to get 1.04, replace the files and edit a save point right before the quest. After I saved her I changed back to 1.05 and reloaded the newer save point with no problems

Playing on a PS5, patch 1.0.5. I take the elevator upstairs to the entrance to Totentanz but when I get to the door I get the mission update to "talk to Dum Dum", but he's not there, there's only 3 Maelstrom labeled "fanatic". No way to continue the mission.

I've tried saving and reloading from multiple points, tried jumping back a mission and playing from there, I've tried getting up to the bug and fast traveling around (once I leave the area there's no exclamation point showing me where to go anymore).

This is really pissing me off, I fought through continuous crashes and other smaller bugs, but haven't been hit with something game breaking until now. At this point I might just refund the game, does anyone know if you get to keep your save if you do?
This is the same issue I'm having :/ and I'm at the "part of no return" so I would've like to finish this side mission before hope theres a patch that resolves this soon (playing on xbo)

Regarding Dum Dum's disappearance, CDPR support is investigating the issue:
He is not only missing ( this is one problem) There is a problem when He is one of three fanatics in front at the door (middle one) but there is no interaction with them. Johnny said that he remember one of them and thats it. I checked on yt this Quest and fanatics should start Talking that they remember us from Quest with spiderbot. That dialogue doesn't begin.

He is not only missing ( this is one problem) There is a problem to when He is one of three fanatics in front at the door (middle one) but there is no interaction with them. Johnny said that he remember one of them and thats it. I checked on yt this Quest and fanatics should start Talking that they remember us from Quest with spiderbot. That dialogue doesn't begin.

If you want to make sure on the same website, you can also report it directly to them, as mentioned before:

Did the depot download from Steam work for someone? Console tells me that the manifest ID was not found, rechecked the command posted above several times. I think it SHOULD work.

try 3rd party downloader

Last edited:
CDPR better fix it soon, because you can't max out Johnys relationship bar without this quest and this blocks you from getting one of the endings. It's game breaking and I don't want to wait till January to finish the game.

I'm playing on Xbox Series X and the quest second conflict is unplayable. Dum dum is missing completely and no amount of cache clearing or restarts helped... I then discovered that I am not alone in this...NO ONE CAN COMPLETE THIS QUESTLINE ON CONSOLE SINCE THE PATCH! Am I the only one bothered by the fact that they further broke a broken game in some sad attempt to fix it! Get it together guys! Enjoy your bloody Christmas and then fix this ruddy game... I would really like to romance Kerry Eurodyne The only gay romance option and now I have to wait till you fix a problem you created.

Top Bottom