Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
Playing on PC, 1.05, unfortunately the same issue everybody is facing at the moment. I've put up with the bugs, visual blemishes and other shortcomings so far since I was both lucky enough to play on PC and due to the quest, character and world design that clearly show the effort and love spent for this game.

However, it requres a special kind of applause to break a quest with an update cross generation and cross platform. Not sure this is an easy feat to achieve, kudos..

Unfortunately no saves from before calling Nancy, nor do i have any pre 1.05 saves to work with. It is most probably the single most important side mission arch, I signed in specifically to post about this, please issue the quickest fix possible.

Well fuck, I can't use this workaround... I kept playing for like 5 hours on a save with Second Conflict already started (before entering the building).

Ok. A solution with All Foods works for me on XSX. I Walkied until I got the "entering new zone: All Foods" Of course you need save before call to Nancy.

Last edited:
I found a way at the CDPR Support. You need to load a save in the mission Holdin' On before calling Nancy. Then go out the house and fast travel to All Foods (Plant). There you call Nancy and continue the mission. Now it should work. For me it worked at the first time after doing that.
Worked for me :)

Throwing in my two cents here:

What did not work for me:
- Teleporting to All Foods
- Calling Nancy
- Teleporting to Totenzas

What did work for me:
- Teleporting to All Foods
- Walking until I got the "entering new zone: All Foods" prompt (interesting note: zone was still 'hostile')
- Calling Nancy
- Driving to Totenzas

This resulted in Dum-Dum showing up. Since I wasn't exactly scientific about it, I can't tell if the zoning or the lack of fast travel did the trick, but this worked and since I'm only losing an hour or so of gameplay I'm going with it.

I've almost finished the game and decided to do Johnny's missions before I go in for the finale. Unfortunately, after I leave Kerry's and head for Totentanz, I go up in the elevator and turn the corner to the entrance but Dum Dum isn't there. The mission objective says "Talk to Dum Dum" but there's no mission marker. When I approach, Johnny says "This guy looks familiar" and V responds to something I can't hear. I'm guessing it's the Dum Dum that isn't there. I've tried reloading a few saves back. I've tried skipping time, doing other gigs and side missions but when I come back to Second Conflict, it no longer even has a marker. Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to start the whole game over again so I can kill Dum Dum.

I'm playing on PS5.

Playing on PC and I have the exact same issue, and have tried everything you've tried with the same results - Dum Dum is missing completely. An immediate hotfix would be really good as I don't want to progress the main storyline without doing the Silverhand questline in full (it feels pretty important to the game to me!) and I'm running out of side gigs to do! I only reached this part of the quest after 1.05 was patched so no clue whether Dum Dum was there before the patch.

Edit: forgot to mention, can't try the workaround as don't have an earlier save :(

Okay, lucky me, maybe you too, Reddit user Zerophewl reached out and got a workaround that seems to be working, worked for me, you need to reload to before you call Nancy, after you start getting the band back together, DONT CALL HER from the mansion, go to the All Foods from the early Maelstrom job, call her from the doorway there, just stand outside as it will be locked, and THEN go to the club, should work!
Screenshot_20201220-190234_BaconReader.jpg

There are workarounds for this, check other posts on these forums.,

You have to go All Foods and call Nancy from there

I've almost finished the game and decided to do Johnny's missions before I go in for the finale. Unfortunately, after I leave Kerry's and head for Totentanz, I go up in the elevator and turn the corner to the entrance but Dum Dum isn't there. The mission objective says "Talk to Dum Dum" but there's no mission marker. When I approach, Johnny says "This guy looks familiar" and V responds to something I can't hear. I'm guessing it's the Dum Dum that isn't there. I've tried reloading a few saves back. I've tried skipping time, doing other gigs and side missions but when I come back to Second Conflict, it no longer even has a marker. Is there any way to fix this? I don't want to start the whole game over again so I can kill Dum Dum.

I'm playing on PS5.
Exact same issue on ps4 pro with 1.05 patch only one that I haven't found a way to work around it sucks because its in an important quest line i hope it can be fixed without haven to complete it on a different playthrough other than this love the game and I'm so excited to watch as its grows and gets even better

I found a way at the CDPR Support. You need to load a save in the mission Holdin' On before calling Nancy. Then go out the house and fast travel to All Foods (Plant). There you call Nancy and continue the mission. Now it should work. For me it worked at the first time after doing that.

So this actually worked. I went back to a hella old save. Redid all the Johnny quests, then after visiting Kerry, I fast-travelled to the All Foods Plant and entered the hostile area around the corner. I called Nancy from there and went to Totentanz and found my Dum Dum. He led me into the club and I finished the mission. Thanks for your help. I hope it gets fixed in the next patch. Really looking forward to playing this game aga
Cyberpunk 2077_20201221163135.jpg
in as a different V.

Okay, lucky me, maybe you too, Reddit user Zerophewl reached out and got a workaround that seems to be working, worked for me, you need to reload to before you call Nancy, after you start getting the band back together, DONT CALL HER from the mansion, go to the All Foods from the early Maelstrom job, call her from the doorway there, just stand outside as it will be locked, and THEN go to the club, should work!View attachment 11103167
Thank you so much, this worked for me. Playing on PC, 1.05 and fortunately I had a save before calling Nancy. Called her at the All Foods Plant, Dum Dum was there. This really sucks, wasn't easy finding this thread either, I was going ballistic, I probably spent over an hour trying to figure this out. CDPR please fix this! Thanks again @JazzPigeon

Top Bottom