Second Conflict Mission Bug

+
UPDATE!
I managed to get him to show up. I reloaded my save -> went to animal farm (fast travel, walked around like an idiot for 30 seconds) then went to pershing (again, fast travel) where the club is (run-down hotel building). Walked up the stairs again and saved in front of the door. Reloaded save and he was there!
The waypoint system was bugged but I can go on with the quest so I suggest going all the way over there again. And playing with saves/resaves. A friend said he got him to show up the same way, and that he had a save in 1.05 as he was facing that door and it just worked like that. So I tried recreating that in 1.06.

There is no "animal farm" fast travel point. Do you mean protein farm? Or lake farm? Tried your fix with both and both times absolutely nothing changed. No dumdum, doesn't matter how often I reloaded in front of the door.

For everyone else still having the issue with Dum Dum not appearing, be sure to go and report the bug again and select the 1.06.
Post automatically merged:

There is no "animal farm" fast travel point. Do you mean protein farm? Or lake farm? Tried your fix with both and both times absolutely nothing changed. No dumdum, doesn't matter how often I reloaded in front of the door.
Same here, i tried a couple different things... no Dum Dum.
This mission is "dum dum" at this point....

Just want to +1 this thread. Dum Dum still not there. I spent an hour going to All Foods Plan, back to Totentanz, saving and reloading in different spots, he just won't show up. Are these "hot fixes" only meant to affect new game saves?

Just want to +1 this thread. Dum Dum still not there. I spent an hour going to All Foods Plan, back to Totentanz, saving and reloading in different spots, he just won't show up. Are these "hot fixes" only meant to affect new game saves?
Man i sure hope not, that would be just about as useless as their "official" fix they put out for it where you go to the All Foods before calling Nancy for all of us right now.

The new patch worked for me. I left the quest when I had to go to the club so I had already called Nancy at the time before this hotfix and Dum Dum magically spawned where he was supposed to be.
I feel bad for all the people that still have this super annoying bug and hope they'll look into it again and again.

The new patch worked for me. I left the quest when I had to go to the club so I had already called Nancy at the time before this hotfix and Dum Dum magically spawned where he was supposed to be.
I feel bad for all the people that still have this super annoying bug and hope they'll look into it again and again.

Did you do anything specifically to make him appear? Or did you just show up and he was there?

please can you specify how you did it! thanks!

The fix worked for me. I kept playing for 20 hours having Second Conflict at the point when you have to enter the Totentanz. After installing the update, went to the Totentanz, and Dum Dum was there...
While it's sad it isn't working for everyone, I think at least we should thank the developers for working on it on these dates.

The fix worked for me. I kept playing for 20 hours having Second Conflict at the point when you have to enter the Totentanz. After installing the update, went to the Totentanz, and Dum Dum was there...
While it's sad it isn't working for everyone, I think at least we should thank the developers for working on it on these dates.
So you just teleported there and that was all?

I've patched to 1.06 this morning, and unfortunately it's still not working for me.

I didn't find/save Brick in my game, and I've been back through All Foods (as far as I can go anyway) trying to trigger something to make this work. The state of my game is that Royce is glitched downstairs, and Dum Dum is still nowhere to be found when I get to Totentanz.

When I test this I'm always rolling my save back before the point where you enter Totentanz club for this quest, so it's not like I've triggered the encounter yet. He just never appears when I get there.

Same I just went to All Foods, Royce is just standing still in there. Nobody else around, didn't fix a thing.

Update: throwing 30 grenades at Royce in anger did not help.:disapprove:

Last edited:
I just said fuck it and lost 10+ hours of progress and went back to the beginning of chipping in to continue..what I went through just sums up how this game is: good enough for me to lose progress, bad enough to waste my gaming time..especially the colossal incompetency of this latest hot fix just did it for me - I abandoned all hope towards the company to actually fix this game. I finished the Silverhand quest line, but lost a ton of side progress which I do not intend to go back to.

Hopefully there are no more fuck ups to keep me from completing the story which I had actually enjoyed, have just 1 side mission left: killing in the name of. Once I'm done, not thinking of any new runs, and basically this was the last time I preordered a CDPR game. Apparently they are skilled amateurs who lack serious management when it comes to delivery, I really hope they merge with or get sold to a company who actually knows what they are doing, in order to best utilize the skills they possess.

Wishing you all a good game, a merry christmas, and hopefully a fix for your save files to avoid losing progress.

Not working at all. I tried everything, save, resave, reload, fast travel, even noclip mod. Nothing worked. I won't go back to older saves because i dont't have one that far back. I don't want to finish the game until i do everything and this is my last quest to do. First serious bug that i encountered and i'm angry af :/

I'm sorry I meant all foods. It was past 2AM on my end and I was mad.
I don't know what triggered mine to work, since the mission pointer was bugged the whole time. But right after installing the patch he wasn't there, so I reloaded a few quicksaves and kept moving around and saving if he wasn't there, reloaded at one point and it worked. Sorry, have no idea what actually fixed it tho.

I'm sorry I meant all foods. It was past 2AM on my end and I was mad.
I don't know what triggered mine to work, since the mission pointer was bugged the whole time. But right after installing the patch he wasn't there, so I reloaded a few quicksaves and kept moving around and saving if he wasn't there, reloaded at one point and it worked. Sorry, have no idea what actually fixed it tho.
So you were at the door where the dum dum would stand? I mean that you have the quest where you have to talk to him right? Then you go back to All Foods and go back there and save then load right?

So you were at the door where the dum dum would stand? I mean that you have the quest where you have to talk to him right? Then you go back to All Foods and go back there and save then load right?
I've done this and it didn't work, just so you know. Trying all kind of things right now.

Did you do anything specifically to make him appear? Or did you just show up and he was there?
No tbh I just went to the club after the patch rolled out and things worked on their own, I didn't have to do anything in particular aside playing though the quest normally.
I'm sorry I can't help you guys further.

Top Bottom