Security cameras are still on after being turned off

+
So, I decided to play a stealth character that's not a hacker, that is dam near hard enough, but once I shutdown all cameras, it's annoying to see an inactive camera that clearly states off, that auto acquires me the moment I stick my head out. This is seriously screwed up, and makes a difficult stealth playthrough completely impossible to do stealthily.

when you write "shutdown all cameras" you mean with the breach protocol or with the scanner?
the breach protocol perk has a duration.

In my experience the cameras can go back on in a couple lf different ways:

Reloading a save where you have already turned them off can sometimes make them go back on again even though it still says Off. When I've had this issue, then turning them on and then off again solved the issue.

At other times I noticed that if you have turned cameras off and then you connect to the camera and spot yourself while controlling the camera, this can make the camera active again and enemies can ve alerted.

Don't know if that will help you at all.

Also the quick hack to disable cameras kinda just turns them away.
If you then do a camera takeover and point the camera in your direction - when you exit control it will spot you.

don’t know if that’s a big or by design.

Cameras turned of by hacking can be turned on again.
Like npc check control room and see it offline and takes it online.

Why I always turn it off with technical after hacking.
If turned off with tech it never goes online again.

Reason is hacking only turns camera off, can be turned on by a terminal even by you.
Tech removes power from camera going to terminal it will say camera has no power and therefor can never be turned on again.

I killed the guy at the security "station" and shut down all the cameras on the network by using the laptop next to the security guy, then went around neck snapping, without alerting anyone, at some point there was a camera that was powered down, it stated the camera was off, however whenever I tryed to move past it it would auto lock on to me, so I'd have to duck back into cover before it went ding. All the cameras were like that after that point.

---edit) also note, said I wasn't playing a netrunner/hacker. So, no hacking, I'm not even using a chip deck.

---edit again) and by auto lock, I mean it wasn't doing a sweep over the room, it focused on me as soon as I stuck my head out.

Last edited:
I've seen this happen as well a few times. Is it ever scripted for them to turn back on randomly after you've shut them off via a computer terminal? I think I've seen this happen before but I could be mistaken. Can enemy netrunners use them maybe?

Shutting down cameras due to Breach is on a timer of 3 and 6 minutes I thought based on the Perk tree. Shutting one down individually seems to be permanent unless you remote operate it (as posted by another above).

Reloading saves is kinda buggy too. It's not just cameras reverting to On, but enemies that weren't actively searching when the save was made to being active when reloaded.

The best method to stealth is to either use a terminal or hack a camera to scout a route, then disable the cameras that are in your way by looking at the minimap. Stealth is not easy, possibly tedious, but rewarding when you can tackle an obstacle without being seen.

My only real issue with stealth is that it would be nice to know what the threshold for your location being revealed automatically because of how many people you've incapacitated. I think a melee weapon can be used to disable a camera; I know a silenced pistol will.

My only real issue with stealth is that it would be nice to know what the threshold for your location being revealed automatically because of how many people you've incapacitated. I think a melee weapon can be used to disable a camera; I know a silenced pistol will.

Is there a threshold like that? I have had some locations where I have stealth killed every enemy without being revealed. Though in those cases I have hidden the bodies, don't know if that can be a factor.
Like you said, stealth can be a bit tedious but at the same time rewarding. I just wished the game had some stealth/non-stealth differences when it comes to the outcome and consequences of missions. For instance, finishing a mission unseen could unlock a different follow up quest and vice versa.

Top Bottom