Security Cameras not staying disabled

+
Been noticing this issue quite a bit lately but disabling a security camera via by Quick Hacking (Turn-off), Computer Terminal (shut down all cameras), or turning them off manually up close; I've come to discover that after then using the camera to scout out the place it will still be "on" even though it is disabled or showing friendly detection. This problem has caused me to get unintentionally discovered on multiple occasions when I thought the area was "secure".

I generally have two methods I use when scouting locations with cameras.
In both situations, the camera is usually disabled before taking control to avoid being caught by it while scouting.
Method 1:
I will quick hack the security camera and turn it off. Then I'll take control of it and swap between the cameras to scout out a place. When I exit the camera, the camera can then spot me even though it is showing friendly detection (green lines) and is showing as disabled when attempting to quick hack it once again.
Method 2:
I will go up to a turret manually and disable it from below. This generally is the more permanent but non-destructive method for removing a camera (destructive meaning destroyed). Now I will do the same as in Method 1 and take control of the camera to scout out the facility. However on exiting the camera, it will begin to detect me even though it was "unplugged". When I try to move up to the camera, that option to unplug it is no longer present and attempting to quick hack will also display the turret as "Turned Off".

Issue:
After User has taken control of a camera that has been turned off and exits the camera feed, the cameras will sometimes return to an active/hostile state and begin targeting the User. The cameras will often times be unable to be disabled at this point unless physically destroyed.

Issue:
After User has taken control of a camera that has been turned off and exits the camera feed, the cameras will sometimes return to an active/hostile state and begin targeting the User. The cameras will often times be unable to be disabled at this point unless physically destroyed.

Used to happen with me as well, but now that I see your post realised it stopped :/ Not sure, and lazy to check rn if it´s because I have a higher level quickhack equipped than before?

Only seems to happen if I try to use the cameras after I've already disabled them. If I disable them and go about my business without viewing them, seems to be fine.
Something about going into the camera view mode is resetting their active state even if they should be disabled.

yes , I experience the same, I think it's a bug. So always scout first then disable it by any method.

Not a bug. Enemies can them back on or take control of it again.
if u do method 1 it appears as a bug. it's like when u use camera to scout after disabled it, it reactivates on against you. Although on computer the disable mode is describe.

if u do method 1 it appears as a bug. it's like when u use camera to scout after disabled it, it reactivates on against you. Although on computer the disable mode is describe.
Because you turn it back on after you disable it. The computer will still show all the cameras as active even if you turn them all off, that might just be a small thing, but method 1 is flawed from the start.

I thought camera hacking from a distance was either 3 minutes or 6 minutes max duration, but turning off from a terminal was permanent unless someone turns them back on.

It makes sense to me that if you turn off a camera, whether by remote hack or from a terminal, then turn on any camera in the system, you are effectively reactivating that camera (if not the whole system).

Yep.. I've experienced this quite a bit as well. The worst offender is the computer method where you use a computer to manually turn off all the security.. and instead it all stays on. (I've yet to have turning security off through the computer work.) If you then try to hack the camera it says that you need to turn it on to hack it (even though it is on.) So you then have to turn it on to turn it off. If you can quicksave and then reload all the cameras will be off as they should be. .. but most of the time this is all happening during combat or something and so you can't quicksave and reload.

Luckily I bought some cyberware that slows time when you are spotted... so if a camera that I disabled decided to turn back on I have a great big warning signal as time will slow down.

Because you turn it back on after you disable it. The computer will still show all the cameras as active even if you turn them all off, that might just be a small thing, but method 1 is flawed from the start.
I would claim it as "not a bug" if in fact when checking the camera after disabling it, the quick-hack feature displayed the option to "Turn Off" once again. However, that option changes to "Turn On" implying that the camera is indeed disabled. As I mentioned in the original message, even when I'm getting actively detected by a camera I previously turned off, all options available to me hint it is already disabled.
So the bug comes down to two things:
1) The in game text for quick-hack selection is incorrectly displaying "Turn-On".
And/Or
2) The camera is becoming active again even though it should be disabled.

Considering the multiple instances I've encountered this issue, the bug is more strongly related to #2 since it doesn't seem to matter which method I use to disable the camera. Even if the quick-hack method is a temporary turn-off (Not referring to Big Sleep Daemon, just the turn-off quick hack), there should be an indication of how long it is disabled and the option should return over time. This also doesn't apply to manually turning them off by being underneath the camera.

The beginning quick-hack tutorial also informs you about security cameras detection colors. Orange/Yellow, indicates hostile and will detect you. Green indicates friendly. Anytime you do Method 1, the camera will always display as Green afterwards, indicating it should be friendly. However this is an issue in itself cause the camera should be deactivated and the "Turn-Friendly" quick hack wasn't used either.

Sum up:
1) Cameras gets disabled (Quick Hack, manual unplug, security terminal).
2) User takes control of camera.
3) User exits camera control.
4) Cameras are not returning to disabled state after use.
5) Camera can detect User.
6) Options provided to User all indicate camera is currently disabled.

This would be a non-issue if after controlling a camera, the options to disable the camera were returned to the player. Only the security terminal can fix this by quickly turning them on then back off again.
Post automatically merged:

I'll also say that the computer terminal shut down method is honestly misleading.
I'm not a fan of text that shows the inactive state currently being displayed. When I first interacted with a security terminal, I ended up getting discovered cause I mistook the indication for "turned off" was. I had gone through the level turning off all the cameras via Quick Hack. When I got to the terminal, I thought it was saying they were all off because of what I did. But even though they were already off, the computer gave me the option to turn them off again?

Would infinitely prefer if it just stated if the cams are Online or Offline, with that lovely green/red light thing. The image I put together real quick to me feels like it would be clearer and function better.

Attachments

• CP2077 - Security Camera Change.jpg
    CP2077 - Security Camera Change.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:
Only current workarounds:
1) Scout first, disable cameras afterwards.
2) Permanently destroy the camera (shooting).

I've been doing this since the first camera encounter. Disable it then shoot it. I've only taken them over a few times for quests. Thanks to Splinter Cell, I always shoot out lights & security cameras regardless of what game I'm playing.

I've been taking control of computers lately. IDK what the parameters are but I couldn't recall being able to take over anything other than cameras before I upgraded to a legendary cyberdeck from the beginner option, still with just 5 intelligence.

How are you going to use a camera AFTER you've disabled it. It seems pretty obvious to me that to use it it has to be turned back on. In my playing, I've not seen any issues like this. Works as expected. If I disable a camera then use it, it's obviously going to be turned back on, and the interface shows it as such.
Also, you're not alone in the world. Enemies can and do turn the cameras back on. Plus -- and I'm not entirely sure on this -- there might be a time limit on how long cameras (and turrets) stay off after you hack them.

I've been doing this since the first camera encounter. Disable it then shoot it. I've only taken them over a few times for quests. Thanks to Splinter Cell, I always shoot out lights & security cameras regardless of what game I'm playing.

I've been taking control of computers lately. IDK what the parameters are but I couldn't recall being able to take over anything other than cameras before I upgraded to a legendary cyberdeck from the beginner option, still with just 5 intelligence.
Yeah I'm very much the same and try to be stealthy first cause of games like that. I figured if I shot a cam, it would alert the guards but guess I can just shoot them now.
Then again stealth has been janky anyways since they like to go into search mode just out of the blue sometimes. Not alerted but searching, like they found a body.
Post automatically merged:

How are you going to use a camera AFTER you've disabled it. It seems pretty obvious to me that to use it it has to be turned back on. In my playing, I've not seen any issues like this. Works as expected. If I disable a camera then use it, it's obviously going to be turned back on, and the interface shows it as such.
Also, you're not alone in the world. Enemies can and do turn the cameras back on. Plus -- and I'm not entirely sure on this -- there might be a time limit on how long cameras (and turrets) stay off after you hack them.
See that would make sense to me, if the game then reflected that aspect afterwards.
But after doing a disable then using them, the cameras act like they are still disabled or showing as friendly. If they acted and displayed as if they were enabled again, it would be no issue at all.

See that would make sense to me, if the game then reflected that aspect afterwards.
But after doing a disable then using them, the cameras act like they are still disabled or showing as friendly. If they acted and displayed as if they were enabled again, it would be no issue at all.
Huh. Weird. Some people are getting certain bugs, others aren't. <shrug>

That's the sad nature of bugs. They aren't always universal. Been a QA Tester for a long time and bugs can be difficult to pin down, especially if not everyone can reproduce it. Doesn't make them any less valid, just more difficult to fix.

Been noticing this issue quite a bit lately but disabling a security camera via by Quick Hacking (Turn-off), Computer Terminal (shut down all cameras), or turning them off manually up close; I've come to discover that after then using the camera to scout out the place it will still be "on" even though it is disabled or showing friendly detection. This problem has caused me to get unintentionally discovered on multiple occasions when I thought the area was "secure".

I generally have two methods I use when scouting locations with cameras.
In both situations, the camera is usually disabled before taking control to avoid being caught by it while scouting.
Method 1:
I will quick hack the security camera and turn it off. Then I'll take control of it and swap between the cameras to scout out a place. When I exit the camera, the camera can then spot me even though it is showing friendly detection (green lines) and is showing as disabled when attempting to quick hack it once again.
Method 2:
I will go up to a turret manually and disable it from below. This generally is the more permanent but non-destructive method for removing a camera (destructive meaning destroyed). Now I will do the same as in Method 1 and take control of the camera to scout out the facility. However on exiting the camera, it will begin to detect me even though it was "unplugged". When I try to move up to the camera, that option to unplug it is no longer present and attempting to quick hack will also display the turret as "Turned Off".

Issue:

Woah, thought I was crazy or that they made the game work that way (which makde little sense but bugs galore so you know), you hack it or turn it off but if you then control it making it akin to resetting it, interesting logical bug, thought I was alone in that bug or was losing my mind from so many bugs already lol

Top Bottom