Security Cameras not staying disabled

+
I actually ended up getting detected by a camera that I turned off that I later hacked to get a glimpse of my V lolz.

Also regarding some of the computers connected to the security mainframe, I think the mainframe is split into multiple subnetworks that are all connected to separate terminals that all individually need to be disabled ( for example Evelyn quest in the scav compound and the maelstrom mission).

Some of the cameras also seem to be turning on if the enemy is on alert due to them detecting a body (sometimes weapons left behind are detected as well after you knock someone out and hide the body) - found this out when I was trying to sneak out of All Foods, after the initial firefight everyone was on alert, sometimes I had to deactivate a camera twice due to it being turned back on remotely.

But there also seems to be some inconsistencies with how this works, for example if you remote hack a camera and shut it down sometimes it turns back on if you hack the security terminal and shut the whole network down - kind of like an on/off switch that flips based two distinct circumstances.

I actually ended up getting detected by a camera that I turned off that I later hacked to get a glimpse of my V lolz.

Also regarding some of the computers connected to the security mainframe, I think the mainframe is split into multiple subnetworks that are all connected to separate terminals that all individually need to be disabled ( for example Evelyn quest in the scav compound and the maelstrom mission).

Some of the cameras also seem to be turning on if the enemy is on alert due to them detecting a body (sometimes weapons left behind are detected as well after you knock someone out and hide the body) - found this out when I was trying to sneak out of All Foods, after the initial firefight everyone was on alert, sometimes I had to deactivate a camera twice due to it being turned back on remotely.

But there also seems to be some inconsistencies with how this works, for example if you remote hack a camera and shut it down sometimes it turns back on if you hack the security terminal and shut the whole network down - kind of like an on/off switch that flips based two distinct circumstances.

This makes sense to me about how and why it could be happening. A toggle in the one of the scripts that unintentionally gets thrown a second time. Probably a missing if/then function.

Only current workarounds:
1) Scout first, disable cameras afterwards.
2) Permanently destroy the camera (shooting).
Fortunately, enemies appear to be fairly deaf to gunshots. Shooting out cameras never seems to disturb nearby enemies, and it's certain and permanent. It may be because I'm using Overwatch, which has a silencer, but even a 'silenced' sniper rifle is fairly loud.

Fortunately, enemies appear to be fairly deaf to gunshots. Shooting out cameras never seems to disturb nearby enemies, and it's certain and permanent. It may be because I'm using Overwatch, which has a silencer, but even a 'silenced' sniper rifle is fairly loud.

That's interesting, I haven't payed attention to this specific circumstance but when I miss a shot from a silenced weapon enemies usually go on alert and start looking around to find out where the shot came from (this is on Very Hard mind you).

Top Bottom