See this? See That? You can't have that - Cyberpunk 2077

+
The stupid thing is in regards to npc and their clothing is the developers doubled their workload for nothing. They created 4 variant body styles for npcs then created an entire wardrobe for those body variants. Then created V's body( 1 variant separate from the npc's ) and created an entire wardrobe for that body. Like seriously wtf? This is a prime example of how not to develop a games assets.

The stupid thing is in regards to npc and their clothing is the developers doubled their workload for nothing. They created 4 variant body styles for npcs then created an entire wardrobe for those body variants. Then created V's body( 1 variant separate from the npc's ) and created an entire wardrobe for that body. Like seriously wtf? This is a prime example of how not to develop a games assets.
Not to beat on a dead horse, but it's also a prime example of what you get when teams work in silos to fill a pipeline with unrealistic deadlines.

msxyz

Forum regular
I dunno it's been in at the very least in concepting, planning and pre-development since 9 years ago and in full development for around 5+ years. That should have been more than enough time to create their initial vision that most people were sold on.

There must have been a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes we're not aware of. I'm talking Bioware levels of having a ton of the game already completed, only for it to be wiped and started from scratch.

In 2018 we got some glimpses that showed the entire game's premise and story might have been something completely different. I'm willing to bet that they had a lot of gameplay, designs, RPG mechanics and even the story at a fairly serviceable level in 2018. Then at some point management and higher ups wanted to change directions, the description of RPG is changed to action-adventure, Keanu Reeves and the whole Johnny Silverhands plot all seemed to happen around late 2018-2019.

I'm completely confident that the original game was scrapped at some point and that's why the game is in the state it is and so incomplete despite the huge amount of time that they had and the massive budget.
Glad to see some people do understand. I'm amazed by the amount of people who call this game 'rushed' or that CDPR has been 'greedy' releasing it so soon. After years of development it HAD TO be released, no matter the state, to repay loans.

If anything, I'd say CP2077 development has been badly mismanaged. Game was supposed to be 3rd person till 2016; then again in 2018 there was another major redesign. That's how you end up with a game 8 yrs in development looking (and playing) like a pre-alpha version.

Glad to see some people do understand. I'm amazed by the amount of people who call this game 'rushed' or that CDPR has been 'greedy' releasing it so soon. After years of development it HAD TO be released, no matter the state, to repay loans.
Probably because it clearly was rushed and the decision to release it on consoles and take money knowing the shocking state of the game was greedy. CDPR have said officially that they felt under no pressure to release the game early and that they have taken responsibility for it.

msxyz

Forum regular
Probably because it clearly was rushed and the decision to release it on consoles and take money knowing the shocking state of the game was greedy. CDPR have said officially that they felt under no pressure to release the game early and that they have taken responsibility for it.
Of course they would say this. It's standard corporate (ha!) response even in the face of obvious. Remember Steve Jobs' response to the iPhone antenna fiasco? "You're holding it wrong! Buuut we're tweaking the antenna design so that it will meet our userbase expectations"

OK guys, hear me out: the game was supposed to have a lot of small DLCs and at least 3 big expansions. I'd imagine a lot of those things we can see but can't have will be included in those. Also: multiplayer. I bet my shoes that CD Projekt was looking at Rockstar's GTA Online and was like "we can have that". Now that the online part of the game is basically officially gone, those yet revealed customization options just might be put as an expansion to the game.

No anti-smart-lock - Some enemies have cyberware that passively negates smart-locking but you can't have this yourself
actually u can - put on the tiger claw tattoo, it serves this purpose. but yeah your thread is right all over - i pity most of the listings as well even more since mostly all of them were promotion arguments u CAN do in CP... but well u cant... there are even single trailers for some of your mentioned points others where shown or talked of in general trailer... but hey "hereeee comes johnny!"

My biggest issue is how easy the game is. I haven't even scratched the surface of the game and I'm already one shotting people with weapons I found early, I just upgraded them. That's also a thing that I find is lacking, the fact that you stop finding upgrades and crafting becomes your source of gear almost 100% really early in the game. It would also be cool to find a awesome weapon in the wild. What's the point of exploring for items if they all end up being worse than what you have? Then the prices of items you need to upgrade are too cheap. I bought out epic/legendary crafting items from vendors before I left the starter area. It just seems like you get too much too quick and before you know it, you have the best items in the game after playing 5 hours. I have the same stuff I found at like level 10 and I'm level 25 now not a single upgrade in sight. I'm just too powerful and it's not fun.

My biggest issue is how easy the game is. I haven't even scratched the surface of the game and I'm already one shotting people with weapons I found early, I just upgraded them. That's also a thing that I find is lacking, the fact that you stop finding upgrades and crafting becomes your source of gear almost 100% really early in the game. It would also be cool to find a awesome weapon in the wild. What's the point of exploring for items if they all end up being worse than what you have? Then the prices of items you need to upgrade are too cheap. I bought out epic/legendary crafting items from vendors before I left the starter area. It just seems like you get too much too quick and before you know it, you have the best items in the game after playing 5 hours. I have the same stuff I found at like level 10 and I'm level 25 now not a single upgrade in sight. I'm just too powerful and it's not fun.
uhm actually u should continue playing... weapons and loot scales with your level newer drops are ALWAYS better than old stuff (if u havent put massiv components into upgrading) - that what u discribe is just for the beginning. actually its vice versa - iconics you find early or mid game became irrelevant later (without upgrades) cause any standart loot is way better in its base stats caused by level sync mechanic. - also there are legendaries out "in the wild" but than again they scale with your level - if u take them up early they lose power really quick in your progress. dropboxes rarity also scales with level you have a chance to get legendary loot out of them after lvl 36+ and trust me holding on an early taken weapon/armor through out your progress becomes VERY expensive later on so expansive that it isnt even worth it to try - take new gear/guns every 5 level and u are all good. without any upgrade at all.

for difficulty im absolute on your side - everything below "very hard" is just laughable... than again on very hard you might get trouble in an mass encounter if you are too careless but overall even very hard is okayish and should be the "normal" difficult in the first place. we need higher difficulties indeed - especially for netrunner builds who can clear a whole area in the wimp of an eye without even thinking what to do next. one quick hack area clear.... the most overpowered build u can go with - and u dont need to take a hand on any weapon at all.

Last edited:
Can we add "being able to say goodbye to end a conversation instead of just walking away".

You can say goodbye to a vending machine, but cannot say goodbye to many key plot characters!

:) Though I would like to still have the option to just walk away without saying 'goodbye':) But yes, that bothers me.

And since I can't figure out how the multi-quoting works here, I will just respond generally.
If you ask me, maybe the game was supposed to include playable six months (and not just a quick montage). And then the main quest that we have now, will be like act 3 or something. Because the MQ is restrictive. It barely gives us time to explore Night City. The first time I finished the game (and not for lack of wanting - I am the sort that drives/bike anywhere and not use the quick travel etc), I believe I had explored around 20% of NC.
...and this is why I am ok with the lack of things to do with your romances. There simply is no time to have dinner with them or drive them around in your fancy car.
But to go back to the topic - I wish we get all these things and other (multiple apartments/apartment hunting&customization etc) in a (more laid back) expansion.

OK, here's a kicker for all of you here who already finished the game: I never left Watson. As far as I know the City is still in lockdown. Jackie is still waiting for me otuside that Maelstrom hideout and that lady whoever in that bar I never went to! And i bought and played the game on day one. :D
I'd say my game completion at this time is about 2%? Maybe? Altho I've done all available gigs in the area. I'm still waiting for the game to be significantly improved before I go out and meet Keanu.

OK, here's a kicker for all of you here who already finished the game: I never left Watson. As far as I know the City is still in lockdown. Jackie is still waiting for me otuside that Maelstrom hideout and that lady whoever in that bar I never went to! And i bought and played the game on day one. :D
I'd say my game completion at this time is about 2%? Maybe? Altho I've done all available gigs in the area. I'm still waiting for the game to be significantly improved before I go out and meet Keanu.
wow respect for your patience x) - tho I play all the gigs and missions as well before I move on to the heist if I start a new character (6 for now) - but what u did/do is really insane <3

what lvl are you now? Just roaming in Watson for that long... on the other hand if you leave Watson later beeing high lvl your random loot in missions and gigs most prob will be legendary all over the place pretty cool tho :3

It's not that high, lvl 11, street cred 24. I don't even know what legendary weapons look like, I have one Epic, some Rare and mostly common/uncommon ones. :)
I'm just taking my time, wandering around, sightseeing. Doing a gig when it happens or some organised crime activity. I rarely drive cars, I mostly walk to places. An open world sci-fi city is all I ever wanted from a videogame. I thought that maybe Fallout 4 would give me some of that but it's not the same. I want civilization in it's prime, people living their lifes! There is literally no other game like Cyberpunk- I checked!
And they blew it. :(

oh i see... thought u were higher fighting random npcs ^^' after lvl 36 loot container can drop legendary gear and weapons the higher your level the higher the chance that loot is legendary tho. legendarys are yellow/orange top body gear can have up to 4 slots rest of the gear up to 3 slots ^^

Top Bottom