Seeing the Dragon Age 4 trailer reminds me of why I am excited for CP2077

+
@fridgeband Tevinter is where the Imperium rules through a class of very powerful mages. It's where Dorian from DAI is from. It was strongly suggested in the last scene of the Tresspasser DLC that it is where DA4 will be set.

@fridgeband Tevinter is where the Imperium rules through a class of very powerful mages. It's where Dorian from DAI is from. It was strongly suggested in the last scene of the Tresspasser DLC that it is where DA4 will be set.
Oh interesting thank you. I thought you were referring to a time or date or season because of the context in the sentence structure. Really threw me for a big confuse lol. So essentially you're saying that in a certain DLC for the previous game, the new game will supposedly take place in that location entirely? Hmmm interesting.

Don't worry, Bioware, Betheseda, and these other old RPG makers are going get replaced by or compete with new RPG leaders like Obsidian, Larian Studios, CDPR etc. They would have to step up to the plate if they want to compete with them.

I'm actually more excited about Starfield than DA4.

So, I saw the concept arts and my favorite for right now seems to be the Qinnari female which I think is an assassin or something similar. Well, that character stands like a sore thumb compared to the others. There was also another character that had a blue glow on his face like Solaris does so maybe he's a powerful mage? Then, there is guy who looks like an assassin creed character that he even has a similar assassin creed symbol.

There was a video I saw which did the analysis of the trailer and he talked about the Executors. I didn't knew who they were but he sees one in one of the concept arts so maybe there might a new race in the next game?

There was a video I saw which did the analysis of the trailer and he talked about the Executors. I didn't knew who they were but he sees one in one of the concept arts so maybe there might a new race in the next game?

I’d like to see that video. There were some visuals worthy of analysis but, since I’m not 100% familiarized with DA’s lore, I had no clue about some of what I saw :LOL:

I'm actually more excited about Starfield than DA4.

I think we can reasonably assume that Starfield won't be a single-player game. At best it will be a co-op, at worst it will be something like Fallout 76. I don't know about you, but this reduces my excitement a lot.

I’d like to see that video. There were some visuals worthy of analysis but, since I’m not 100% familiarized with DA’s lore, I had no clue about some of what I saw :LOL:
Yea, don't worry I'm not 100% familiarized by the DA's lore too but I usually like to research lores in RPG games. Same thing what I did with Elder Scrolls, D&D, Conan, Cyberpunk, Fallout, WOW, Witcher etc. Its kind of a bad habit which I can waste hours on because there many so interesting info, lore, links, and new terms.

I can't seem to find that particular DA video so I cant show it.

Bioware has so much money and yet their games recently are such utter and complete trash. Look at how amazing their offices look! So much money!

Their games from 20 years ago are far superior to the broken garbage they make today.

Is it any wonder that this "first-look" trailer shows so little of the game and more about how "awesome" Bioware is? It looks like a campaign pitch!

A lot of the people that used to make great Bioware games are no longer in the studio I believe.
It's sad honestly. I remember bioware being praised for its storytelling. Once again mass effect 2 comes to mind which was a masterpiece at it's time there was nothing quite like it on the market the time.
Witcher 3 and such just show how they have lacked evolution and big part of that is actually the publisher.

Where ever EA gets his greedy filthy fingers into will turn into an eventual shitfest.

Surprise mechanics bro surprise mechanics.

Bioware is not the Bioware I knew.
A big part of the vets are now developping a new scifi RPG game for Wizards of the Coast,

Look here.
Interesting. I hope original Bioware devs that are now free from EA can somehow make their own new game that is SIMILAR, but not legally copying of mass effect and star wars.

Imagine a game that is inspired by the original mass effect AND knights of the old republic 1 and 2, but it IS NOT star wars or mass effect?

Dude... that would be awe inspiring.
Post automatically merged:

A lot of the people that used to make great Bioware games are no longer in the studio I believe.
It's sad honestly. I remember bioware being praised for its storytelling. Once again mass effect 2 comes to mind which was a masterpiece at it's time there was nothing quite like it on the market the time.
Witcher 3 and such just show how they have lacked evolution and big part of that is actually the publisher.

Where ever EA gets his greedy filthy fingers into will turn into an eventual shitfest.

Surprise mechanics bro surprise mechanics.
I get what you mean

I'm not the least bit interested in DA4, with the way they wrapped up DA3. Also, even though some of the game was really fun, a lot of the overall completion was almost endless repetition of the same stuff - how many rifts did I have to close, facing basically the same enemies every time?

Honestly, I don't think the Bioware knows what it's doing at the moment. They dumped nearly all of their resources into Anthem. The concept has amazing potential, but the execution was terrible, and the game was a big failure. Full disclosure: personally I think it's a lot of fun. They claim to be re-working the entire thing to address the problems, rather than giving up on it, since this was expected to be their premier game for the next several years.

Then there was Mass Effect Andromeda. Oh, my. The mechanics were pretty good, and I liked the attempt at a semi-open world. But the game was unfinished and overall a huge failure. So much so that they shelved the series until some unspecified point in the future, and there are rumors of ME 1-3 remasters to try to recapture the viability of the franchise.

DA4 seems to be the project that they work on when the others aren't doing so well. I'm not even sure if there's an anticipated time frame for when we might (eventually) see a release of it. Next year, 2022, 2023 ??

And Bethesda? Their games are in terrible shape. Fortunately for them, Elder Scrolls Online has turned into a solid money maker. The Fallout MMO, or whatever you want to classify it as, is a very niche product that never has caught on well. Probably the biggest thing they have going for them is the community maintaining interest in Skyrim through endless, impressive modding. Somebody mentioned Starfield: has there been anything at all on that game since the initial teaser a couple of years ago? I still have no idea what it's even supposed to be, let alone when it might eventually come to market.

Bioware is not the Bioware I knew.
A big part of the vets are now developping a new scifi RPG game for Wizards of the Coast,

Look here.

Pretty interesting, instead of making a D&D and Magic: The Gathering game, the WotC doesn't seem to care what game they will make since they own the new studio. The property will be set outside of the D&D and Magic franchises.

Bioware has so much money and yet their games recently are such utter and complete trash. Look at how amazing their offices look! So much money!

They were swallowed by EA years ago.

Now Epic games is becoming the next EA that snuffs out promising games and IPs who don't yet have feet to stand on.. :(

I'm not the least bit interested in DA4, with the way they wrapped up DA3. Also, even though some of the game was really fun, a lot of the overall completion was almost endless repetition of the same stuff - how many rifts did I have to close, facing basically the same enemies every time?

Honestly, I don't think the Bioware knows what it's doing at the moment. They dumped nearly all of their resources into Anthem. The concept has amazing potential, but the execution was terrible, and the game was a big failure. Full disclosure: personally I think it's a lot of fun. They claim to be re-working the entire thing to address the problems, rather than giving up on it, since this was expected to be their premier game for the next several years.

Then there was Mass Effect Andromeda. Oh, my. The mechanics were pretty good, and I liked the attempt at a semi-open world. But the game was unfinished and overall a huge failure. So much so that they shelved the series until some unspecified point in the future, and there are rumors of ME 1-3 remasters to try to recapture the viability of the franchise.

DA4 seems to be the project that they work on when the others aren't doing so well. I'm not even sure if there's an anticipated time frame for when we might (eventually) see a release of it. Next year, 2022, 2023 ??

And Bethesda? Their games are in terrible shape. Fortunately for them, Elder Scrolls Online has turned into a solid money maker. The Fallout MMO, or whatever you want to classify it as, is a very niche product that never has caught on well. Probably the biggest thing they have going for them is the community maintaining interest in Skyrim through endless, impressive modding. Somebody mentioned Starfield: has there been anything at all on that game since the initial teaser a couple of years ago? I still have no idea what it's even supposed to be, let alone when it might eventually come to market.
One of the healthiest things I ever did for my sanity and my wallet were to simply walk away from companies and products I am dissatisfied with. The good thing is that I instead went with companies and products that I do like... Like CDPR and gog and Cyberpunk2077! They're GREAT!
Also, if EA ever does a remaster of mass effect, considering the way that andromeda's graphics appeared it's not going to be a remaster, it's going to be a remustard.... :censored:.... :(.............................:oops:!!!................................:eek::censored:.......................:ROFLMAO:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They were swallowed by EA years ago.

Now Epic games is becoming the next EA that snuffs out promising games and IPs who don't yet have feet to stand on.. :(
Very scary
I used to love BioWare but they've been dead for years, the soul is long gone along with most of their previous devs and writers.
I agree, it's just not the same anymore. What I wonder, is HOW to developers continue to be eaten up by publishers like EA, considering that they must know who these companies are. They must be in some way aware of them and how they handle things, so my question is, how does it keep happening? Why don't any devs seem to try to avoid it? I ask with sincere curiosity, do all the devs just assume that they are perfectly fine and that nothing bad will happen? Are all devs surprised when it finally happens, each and every single time?

Last edited:
Also, if EA ever does a remaster of mass effect, considering the way that andromeda's graphics appeared it's not going to be a remaster, it's going to be a remustard.... :censored:.... :(.............................:oops:!!!................................:eek::censored:.......................:ROFLMAO:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mods already remaster Mass Effect to 4K. No need for remaster, except Mass Effect 1 remake!

Mass Effect 3 was the last Bioware game that is worth attention.

People left and Andromeda turned out to be such a poor game.

Mods already remaster Mass Effect to 4K. No need for remaster, except Mass Effect 1 remake!

Mass Effect 3 was the last Bioware game that is worth attention.

People left and Andromeda was not the same anymore.
In my opinion it was mass effect 1 and knights of the old republic 1 and 2 (singleplayer) being the last real one.

Last edited:
In what way?

I love the whole trilogy.

Mass Effect 2 and 3 had fewer RPG features and focused on shooting a lot.
I guess in my opinion Mass Effect 1 had this very special feeling to it, and that feeling was completely gone in even Mass Effect 2 for me. Mass Effect 2 and beyond just had this really "EA" kind of flavor. It just tasted very EA. I don't know how else to explain it other than it felt like the soul was not there anymore. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but rather I'm trying to be honest. That's really deeply truly how it made me feel. That's the impression it gave me. :giveup:

I guess in my opinion Mass Effect 1 had this very special feeling to it, and that feeling was completely gone in even Mass Effect 2 for me. Mass Effect 2 and beyond just had this really "EA" kind of flavor. It just tasted very EA. I don't know how else to explain it other than it felt like the soul was not there anymore. I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but rather I'm trying to be honest. That's really deeply truly how it made me feel. That's the impression it gave me.

Mass Effect 1 had the best music that did definitely influenced the feeling you get. The best OST made by Jack Wall, mostly.

If they ever gonna make a remake, they need to keep that dirty, bleak climate from the original. The Witcher 1 had also that bleak, depressing atmosphere. Or Gothic 1 and 2.

Mass Effect 1 had the best music that did definitely influenced the feeling you get. The best OST made by Jack Wall, mostly.

If they ever gonna make a remake, they need to keep that dirty, bleak climate from the original. The Witcher 1 had also that bleak, depressing atmosphere. Or Gothic 1 and 2.
I mean, I understand what you mean sort of. Not necessarily the dirty part exactly, but the bleakness of it, how the game really made the player/Commander Shepard feel completely and utterly doomed and helpless, and then actually let them do something about it that actually mattered and made the enemy bleed, like in Predator 1, 300, or Dio from jojo's bizarre adventure. It showed that the bad guy is not actually invincible, just really really tough, and that the hero can with effort and challenge, AND intelligence, match, and SURPASS THEM. It was GLORIOUS!

Last edited:
Top Bottom