Selecting Crafting Textures - Why Can't I?

+
I had never really payed attention, but there are (for sure) :
3 models (handle/blade/handguard).
2 base color (red/black)
3 handle color (red/black/brown).
Which is already a lot of version by combining this :)

Katanas (legendary), are the only item you can "choose" the model when you craft. (choose... nope craft ten and choose the best looking one).

In any case, thanks Hayte, at least we can see that it is not as easy as it seems at first glance ;)

If its any consolation, I'm brushing up on my technical writing and a few other modders are too, so we have some good beginner tutorials on how to edit mlsetups and material instances. So even if this functionality never makes it into the game (because its a very big job), you should still be able to change an item of clothing to have any material assignments you want and its not that difficult once you understand the structure and relationship between the files.

And for a lot of people I don't think they necessarily want or need the ability to have all of the clothing variants at their finger tips - just a couple of the clothes that they like and want to personalize it in their own game. So you turn up to the funeral properly dressed for the occasion and work on personalizing your own favourite set of clothes.

The big downside of course is that we can't bring this to consoles.

So you turn up to the funeral properly dressed for the occasion and work on personalizing your own favourite set of clothes.

Yep, I'm on console :)
But I have my little tips to be well dressed (for meet Judy for example), don't do it before reach the level 30 :D
Post automatically merged:

Here is an example, I have just crafted 5 katana in a row (without changing anything, just by clicking on the button). To my knowledge, this is the only item that offers multiple looks when you craft it.
775db7f4-eb49-4621-84e0-78f0e17ff1d0.PNG9ace3d95-2fcc-4e9a-9405-38d85d29e45b.PNG40097b96-be77-4cdb-ab09-f0bf3e2403b5.PNGec43d055-4992-490b-bfa4-fb5aa1e7bfa3.PNG4a8d93bd-501e-45ab-9f61-02a54cced1ab.PNG
It would have been great to be able to craft the Norio Akuhara's one in "Cyberpsycho Sighting: Phantom of Night City", it look so awesome... but sadly, nope :(

Last edited:
I had never really payed attention, but there are (for sure) :
3 models (handle/blade/handguard).
2 base color (red/black)
3 handle color (red/black/brown).
Which is already a lot of version by combining this :)
Yeah I knew about the existence of them. I've seen the red one and some other being used by tygers or other (and then me) and then there's the more obvious one such as Scalpel, Cocktail Stick and ofcourse Black Unicorn.
But what was mentioned about crafting a Katana and that it can come out as different colored variants I did not know. Or I misunderstood?
If its any consolation, I'm brushing up on my technical writing and a few other modders are too, so we have some good beginner tutorials on how to edit mlsetups and material instances. So even if this functionality never makes it into the game (because its a very big job), you should still be able to change an item of clothing to have any material assignments you want and its not that difficult once you understand the structure and relationship between the files.

And for a lot of people I don't think they necessarily want or need the ability to have all of the clothing variants at their finger tips - just a couple of the clothes that they like and want to personalize it in their own game. So you turn up to the funeral properly dressed for the occasion and work on personalizing your own favourite set of clothes.

Yeah I'm on Console too (PS4) so mods arent gonna cut it. And personally I would rather seenit done via the 'normal' way, as rhe normal game having it by default. As I mentioned before, there's ways to open it up gradually. And I dont think it specifically that people may not want it they simply would restrict it to the few items they do want it for. Herein lies the actual problem, many people will want it for many different things. And all that combined means you're honna have to modulate it for everything (if not talking mod)

Btw, this reminded me. I've always been a bit flustered about the fact that V's starting clothing do not have crafting specs or something that allowed you to upgrade them into a higher grade variant. I'm a bit of nostalgic type so I keep them safely stored, the Nomad getup I actually wear parts of quite often when I'm in the badlands.

Anyway, I maintain of the position that having that freedom of choice into what variant of a certain item is crafted would be a good addition :)

And maybe I also need to learn how to mod this game also. It is in that short list of games I value highly, and for all the other games I've had such value for I learned to mod (if possible)

Yeah I knew about the existence of them. I've seen the red one and some other being used by tygers or other (and then me) and then there's the more obvious one such as Scalpel, Cocktail Stick and ofcourse Black Unicorn.
But what was mentioned about crafting a Katana and that it can come out as different colored variants I did not know. Or I misunderstood?
You have understand correctly. It's random when you craft a katana ;)
Btw, this reminded me. I've always been a bit flustered about the fact that V's starting clothing do not have crafting specs or something that allowed you to upgrade them into a higher grade variant. I'm a bit of nostalgic type so I keep them safely stored, the Nomad getup I actually wear parts of quite often when I'm in the badlands.
Me too, they are the only clothes who are non epic/legendary in my stash :)
I would really love to have legendary "V's favorite" clothes set :(

Top Bottom