Self driving cars???

+
I definitely hope we're going to get quick travel replaced with Delamain cab service at some point in near future.

I would love to sit on the passenger seat and watch the world go by as I listen to radio and maybe use the net.

In the new Teslas, you can play cyberpunk while your car drives...lol
But how about using Tesla autopilot, while you're playing Cyberpunk, where you're using Delamain autopilot? And in that Delamain cab there's arcade to play a 2D racing game?

1624299437827.png

Last edited:
In the new Teslas, you can play cyberpunk while your car drives...lol
On the country side, it's better to not use the auto pilot tho, just say'n. Streets not always have marks. ;)
Anyway, funny to see Elon's enthusiasm about this game. I hope he will ever get his Cybertruck DLC.

Last edited:
This is literally Elon Musks future.

Where are the self driving cars???
Think the easiest part will be that implementing self driving cars will be extremely difficult and problematic at best.

The Companion mod has this awesome feature where you can select a companion to drive a vehicle and follow you. What is noticeable is that it can only hold on for a limited time, then it stops following you. It'll also lose you when you drive faster than about 70 - 80mph for an extended period.

Unless heavenly evaluated, don't think that self driving cars will ever be able to ride you from the furthest Western side of the map all the way to the Eastern side. Not with several stops, and definitely not nonstop.

Ever noticed how short distanced all those scripted car rides are?
Some go even slower than pedestrians. Bet there's a reason for that.

Think the easiest part will be that implementing self driving cars will be extremely difficult and problematic at best.

The Companion mod has this awesome feature where you can select a companion to drive a vehicle and follow you. What is noticeable is that it can only hold on for a limited time, then it stops following you. It'll also lose you when you drive faster than about 70 - 80mph for an extended period.

Unless heavenly evaluated, don't think that self driving cars will ever be able to ride you from the furthest Western side of the map all the way to the Eastern side. Not with several stops, and definitely not nonstop.

Ever noticed how short distanced all those scripted car rides are?
Some go even slower than pedestrians. Bet there's a reason for that.

In Far Cry 5, you choose a location on your GPS, and the car drives you there. I believe they also have this feature in Watch Dogs 3.

Also, in GTA 5, you can take a taxi to any destination on the map, custom or preset.

In Far Cry 5, you choose a location on your GPS, and the car drives you there. I believe they also have this feature in Watch Dogs 3.

Also, in GTA 5, you can take a taxi to any destination on the map, custom or preset.
Sound easy said like that :D
But I don't think it's as easy as that.

And even if it was, let's imagine... I'm not sure any new content like "self-driving cabs" will be really welcomed by the players yet :(

Doesn't seem to work that way in Cyberpunk. Here, you choose a destination, and the navi will guide you to it, but you have to go towards it yourself at all times. Could be an engine limitation.

Doesn't seem to work that way in Cyberpunk. Here, you choose a destination, and the navi will guide you to it, but you have to go towards it yourself at all times. Could be an engine limitation.

Yes, it's just a nice feature to have available. Hopefully, cdpr can add it at some point or DLC in the future.

Sound easy said like that :D
But I don't think it's as easy as that.

And even if it was, let's imagine... I'm not sure any new content like "self-driving cabs" will be really welcomed by the players yet :(
At this point, any new content will be welcomed. This would be a very acceptable feature, considering self driving cars and taxis are the norm in a cyberpunk future.

But how about using Tesla autopilot, while you're playing Cyberpunk, where you're using Delamain autopilot? And in that Delamain cab there's arcade to play a 2D racing game?

View attachment 11228618

Sounds like a whole lot of motion sickness to me
Post automatically merged:

At this point, any new content will be welcomed. This would be a very acceptable feature, considering self driving cars and taxis are the norm in a cyberpunk future.

Lets get the NPC vehicle traffic working first. lol

Last edited:
CDPR was extremely generous in the amount of autonomous vehicles featured in the game:

Rollercoaster
AVs you fly in during quests
AVs you jump onto from on top of a garbage truck
NCART trains you jump onto from building above
Smart Summon when you call your vehicle from your garage
Jump on top of NPC cars (allows for shooting)

I do admit it would be sick if you could rent your vehicles out as part of the autonomous network to get passive income

I think this would be a great way to add the Roach-like auto-drive feature, but summoning the flying vehicles would be a great way to do this while leaving ground vehicles open for adjustments in the meantime.

Lets be realistic. There are zero chances that any self driving taxi model could be implemented without full redesign of a current traffic model. It would take a lot of time and money to do, and in the end it would be bugged or not so many people would use it anyway.

I think the closest we could get is to have few AV spots in some districts of Night City which you could call to take you to some designated landing pads.

all the npc cars are self driving, an owned cars self drives to V's position when called, wouldn't be too different to have an owned car self drive to a chosen destination instead of V's current destination while V sits inside just looking around

all the npc cars are self driving, an owned cars self drives to V's position when called, wouldn't be too different to have an owned car self drive to a chosen destination instead of V's current destination while V sits inside just looking around
Without being too mean, because I could be the first to take a ride in an autonomous car :)

But we can see what it gives the NPC's "self driving", it's not that great ! Maybe sometimes, it's possible that you would wait indefinitely behind another car or crushed against a railing... And the "self-driving" on your own vehicles, it's on very very short distance (or very long when it spawn on other side of the map).

So in this state of the game, it seem pretty difficult to me, to implement "self-driving" :(

Top Bottom