Separation of Save Game by character not put all together

+
Would like to see save games separated under each individual character. Games like this I make multiple characters to try different builds. The way things are now you just get a big list. So if I want to go back to a previous character I have to search through a huge list of saves because the game just keeps adding to the list.

The current save system is problematic when you have multiple characters.
Getting Saves of different characters mixed up and even overwriting other character saves
1 fix i got is adding what Fallout 4 did by spliting each character into different save lists.

I just hope this gets added as it would make having multiple characters alot easier to pick which character you want to play as.

Attachments

• 20201215004711_1.png
    20201215004711_1.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 147
Yup, I hope CDPR can build in the ability to organise saves by character sometime in the near future, it would be much appreciated.

It would be nice if there could be separate save folders for each character created so that the quicksaves and manual saves of multiple created characters are not mixed in with others. This would allow a friend or sibling or yourself to create a separate character with it's own save folder much like it is in the Spider-Man games.

Oh, I *so* want this feature.
First playthrough, I had ~200 savegames.
Second playthrough, I had over 500 (that was a completionist playthrough).
Now on my third V, and I already have a few hundred again. Even had to disable GOG syncing, since online ran out of storage.
More characters will definitely follow, as I still have to do Male Nomad, Female Corpo and Male Streetkid.

So, imagine we get some nice DLC's, and I want to continue playing those with my female Nomad.. I'll have to scroll down a looooong list of savegames before I arrive at her files. That's not really userfriendly. So being able to see saves for each character seperately is a must, in my opinion.

I'd like some profiles for characters. I have way to many V's to sift through and just telling me their life path does not help.

I agree. Games such as fallout 4 and Skyrim special edition for example have individual character saves to avoid accidental overwriting other characters you have made. that would be a welcome addition to cyberpunk and something that should have been present form day one.

I posted this previously, makes you no less right however! ;)

The best you get now is separation by life path.
What I have done is make several bat files with the "name" (description) of each of my characters. After I play I execute the right bat file that then saves that sessions savegames into a separate folder.

It would be far better for the game to do this for you as was done in Fallout 4 (and several other Bethesda games).

I posted this previously, makes you no less right however! ;)

The best you get now is separation by life path.
What I have done is make several bat files with the "name" (description) of each of my characters. After I play I execute the right bat file that then saves that sessions savegames into a separate folder.

It would be far better for the game to do this for you as was done in Fallout 4 (and several other Bethesda games).
Especially on console where you can do nothing with the save files :)

Especially on console where you can do nothing with the save files :)

Oh, sorry, I do forget sometimes we are a "integrated" group on this part of the forum. I know almost nothing about console usage, so they do not give you a way to save to sd memory or anything? I guess it would be ridiculous (and expensive?) however to switch sd cards evetime you play/switch back and forth for your characters.

Oh, sorry, I do forget sometimes we are a "integrated" group on this part of the forum. I know almost nothing about console usage, so they do not give you a way to save to sd memory or anything? I guess it would be ridiculous (and expensive?) however to switch sd cards evetime you play/switch back and forth for your characters.
I don't know if it's possible. But my saves are sync with xbox clouds, I'm a little bit afraid that kind of save's switch could cause some problems :(
In reality, it's not a real problem for me, i don't play multiple characters at the same time. When I finish one, I delete the related saves before start a new one.
But an auto-filter for manual saves for each character could be great anyway :)

Top Bottom