September Faction Challenge is Here!

+

Burza46

CD PROJEKT RED

In this month’s challenge, you will be choosing from one of the 6 factions in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Faction whose supporters complete the most quests during the challenge will claim victory, granting benefits to all players for a limited time:
+40% bonus XP when playing as the winning faction
+30% bonus XP when playing the second place faction
+25% bonus XP when playing the 3rd to 6th place faction

The Challenge will last until Wednesday, September 25th, 12 PM (noon) CEST.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to participate?
Select the faction you wish to support via the Faction Challenge popup or the Quests tab.
Play games* and complete special quests to earn rewards: Faction Kegs and Reward Points.

* Games played or won before committing to a specific team will not count toward your challenge progress.
* Only games played in Seasonal and Classic modes will count toward you challenge progress – you will not be able to complete quests via friend challenges or in the Arena.

I will give you 10:1 odds on a $100 bet that Scoiatel wins this faction channel. That means if you lose you only pay $10, and I pay $100. Any takers? Anyone? lol.

Last edited:
I will give you 10:1 odds on a $100 bet that Scoiatel wins this faction channel. That means if you lose you only pay $10, and I play $100. Any takers? Anyone? lol.

You gotta give use better odds, man. The even bet is only 6:1. And honestly: why do you think they'll win? They are only highly represented in the top1000. You realise you don't need to "win" to get the bonus, right? All you have to do is play a lot. There's no win % involved.

I'm picking NR as the winner. You're looking at the top tier of Gwent, but this challenge is for ALL players. So honestly: I don't know why you two are so biased. You're only contributing to the outcome you apparently don't crave.

So if I pick NR to support, after I finish the quest, will I still get 40% XP bonus when I play Scoiatel?

Sorry for this dumb question, just want to make sure.

@Marginal0 Odds are 5:1 against if we were rolling a die to choose faction, with a 1 of 6 probability of ST winning.

Ten to one is just easier to start at. If I raised the odds to 35:1 (same odds as calling and rolling snakeeyes, 1/36 probable outcome) you probably still would not take the bet, because we've seen this in the Gwent community before in faction challenges.

Pick the strongest leader in the game and go play their faction for the next 2 weeks. We just saw a Challenger where Francesca was banned all but 2 matches, and went 2-0.

That is why DJ won the SYN leader challenge
Northern Realms won when Foltest was Tier 0
Scoiatel is going to win with Frankie at Tier 0.5

My bias is because I would like a challenge that promoted the underplayed leaders more, just to see them. Give me some Demavend vs Unseen Elder vs Eldain vs Hemmelfart vs Morvran vs Arnjoff action in a challenge. And then give the bonuses to the least played of that lot.

Until that happens, I guess I'll keep playing against Francesca every other match or joining the insanity of Frankie mirrors all day....

Last edited:

Never mind. I just saw that apparently the last quest keeps reloading to get more points for your faction.

Well... there goes my logic. It actually IS all about win% so you're probably right. Idiotic design for a supposedly fun event to "shake things up".

To think I almost took you up on that offer. :p

To be fair: you aren't "penalized" for not playing ST, but the people that don't give a hoot about these "events" will most likely pick it and grind the deck to death because... that's just what they've been doing for the past year and a half (and you can't fault them for that).

And honestly: why do you think they'll win? They are only highly represented in the top1000. You realise you don't need to "win" to get the bonus, right? All you have to do is play a lot. There's no win % involved.

This is true but it is still easier to win games with the strongest faction which is relevant for the 5. quest. On the other hand, you only need 5 victories which isn't that hard to get.

This is true but it is still easier to win games with the strongest faction which is relevant for the 5. quest. On the other hand, you only need 5 victories which isn't that hard to get.
Yes, however guess which quest refreshes once you have completed the initial 5 quests ...

Yeah, those faction challanges are kinda meh, it was obvious that ST is going to win no matter what.

And would like to more of those leader specific chalenges, so we could play with or aganist all those underplayed leaders.

It could even be a weekly thing, pick one leader from each faction every week and make them fight it out. Ofc there should be some benefits to it. I mean not just for winning, but for playing. Lets say you play a leader from challenge so you get 10+ resources for every GG you get, or something like that.

And also, i would like to by how much exactly is ST winning. Being able to see only places is not enough.

Yeah, those faction challanges are kinda meh, it was obvious that ST is going to win no matter what.

And would like to more of those leader specific chalenges, so we could play with or aganist all those underplayed leaders.

It could even be a weekly thing, pick one leader from each faction every week and make them fight it out. Ofc there should be some benefits to it. I mean not just for winning, but for playing. Lets say you play a leader from challenge so you get 10+ resources for every GG you get, or something like that.

And also, i would like to by how much exactly is ST winning. Being able to see only places is not enough.
The challenge was a lot better than the previous ones, apart from the "6th's quest" and 1 before there were no "win" quests and instead just quest actually playing the faction and their cards over neutrals.

Top Bottom