Series X Pixelated Visual Artifacting FSR 2.1 | DRS

+
I just wanted to make this thread as there is currently a fairly large issue affecting the Series X version after 1.61

It appears to be related to FSR 2.1 but honestly who knows. I would very much appreciate if anyone can corroborate the same.

What appears to be happening is there is visual artifacting appearing over the image which pulses for a second or so then returns to normal. It appears like FSR is having difficulties applying sharpening to certain surfaces that possibly use the low SSR setting on consoles and when new frames or geometry are rendered in as you move through the environment it will flash across the image and appears like an oversharpening glitch where sharpening is cranked to the max and pixelation appears over the screen.

I have made a video at the link and it appears just as the car approaches the police car. What is equally strange is that just as it happens, the neon lights on the side of the police car, lights in the distant buildings and general light sources in the area all glow very brightly.

This issue needs to be highlighted as much as possible as despite the image now looking noticeably cleaner and sharper thanks to FSR 2.1, the image instability that the game is currently displaying is making it almost unplayable.

I have also taken a zoomed in picture of the neon light glow and pixelation/noise that is appearing which can be seen on the side of the police car.

Please if anyone can also test this on PS5 or Series X I would be very grateful.

If anyone with a PC can also test using FSR 2.1 to see if they experience the same that would be very much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221110-014428_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20221110-014428_YouTube.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 271
Last edited:
I highly suspect it just exacerbates existing problems. Here is a picture of chicken ball skewer no FSR on PC that isn't being moved around.
ChickenStill.png

Now take a look at the same item but being manipulated by an NPC, Goro in this case. (No FSR)
chickenNative.png

Notice the fuzz? Now look at this version from the same scene but with FSR quality.
ChickenFSR.png

It's worse in both cases the more motion there is. Also motion blur is off.

I also have this problem and also with the RTX mode flashing like hell, but 60fps mode also has this, but less noticeable.

Video of the bug:

https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/ i would report these issues too CDPR since it seems too be the game itself that causes it. The FSR thing on the food i can kinda get, Hard too render something thats blurry in the textures. The RT flashes and overall pixelation is more of a issue thats probably just noice when trying too sharpen.

Wonder if the normal upscale is totally disabled or if its causing x2 the upscale in some odd way?

Yep, few tries on Series X, and it's the same.
But something which bother me more, it's the "flashing" shadows (and which appear at wrong place sometimes) due to car lights... If you turn them off, there is no longer weird flashing shadows.
I'll report it anyway :)

Last edited:
Yep, few tries on Series X, and it's the same.
But something which bother me more, it's the "flashing" shadows (and which appear at wrong place sometimes) due to car lights... If you turn them off, there is no longer weird flashing shadows.
I'll report it anyway :)
Thank you, the shadows bother me also. I can't remember if it was an issue before the patch? If it was I certainly didn't notice it as much as I do now.

Yep, seeing this sort of thing on Series X starting with this patch. Also noticing strange graphical effects; extra reflections, SSR grain, increase in pop-in, etc. Will add some screenshots later, some examples are quite bad.

I've seen extreme examples of the pixellation/noise you pointed out from the police car from Cyberpsycho enemies that use the Centaur armour frame (its cannon, specifically, was almost blinding). Funnily enough, I used to encounter similar visual effects on PS4:

Last edited:
Thank you, the shadows bother me also. I can't remember if it was an issue before the patch? If it was I certainly didn't notice it as much as I do now.
I can't be sure if it was the case before :(
I mostly drive Jackie's ARCH or Kusanagi, and bikes don't have any front light...
But it's so obvious that I would say, no it wasn't. I'm quite sure someone would have posted about this issue before (I could be wrong, I don't remember any post about that on the forum).
Yep, seeing this sort of thing on Series X starting with this patch. Also noticing strange graphical effects; extra reflections, SSR grain, increase in pop-in, etc. Will add some screenshots later, some examples are quite bad.

I've seen extreme examples of the pixellation/noise you pointed out from the police car from Cyberpsycho enemies that use the Centaur armour frame (its cannon, specifically, was almost blinding). Funnily enough, I used to encounter similar visual effects on PS4:

I wonder if it's not related to the fact that this Quasar fire two bullets per shot. I tried with the Lizzie, WindowMaker and a Burya which also shot two bullets, but no issue (but they don't fire as fast and/or as long as the Quasar).

I wonder if it's not related to the fact that this Quasar fire two bullets per shot. I tried with the Lizzie, WindowMaker and a Burya which also shot two bullets, but no issue (but they don't fire as fast and/or as long as the Quasar).
Yeah it was that specific Quasar that caused it, I think at the time I narrowed it down to specific game world material types (like the barrels I was shooting at, which were metallic?) and the damage type (the Quasar causing the particular issue was electrical dmg)

I'm going to have to try to capture the similar issue on Series X, definitely happened on the Cyberpsycho in the Badlands (The Wasteland).

Just received a legendary Trajectory Analysis (or TA for short) eye mod from an enemy. It says it add 25% headshot bonus damage. And I see Viktor also sells one.

Now, my epic Overture has a base 200% headshot damage. With 1 TA equipped, that multiplier becomes 240%. With 2 TA’s equipped it becomes 265%.

Thank you to Zen_AF who has replicated the issue on PC. It isn't an issue inherently with FSR 2.1 but appears to happen when you use FSR 2.1 in conjunction with the dynamic resolution scale toggle which is why we would be seeing this on console.
Why are you using both? Why not set FSR to Auto mode and let FSR handle dynamic resolution?

I'm on Series X and am not able to adjust graphical settings. I was merely pointing out that the user was able to replicate the exact issue on PC. The question is, have the developers accidently enabled both on consoles and that is why we are seeing the issue.

It may not be affecting the quality mode as much, but it is definitely affecting both modes from the testing I have done. CD Projekt have got back to me and are looking into it at the moment. I very much hope they are able to resolve the issue and I'm amazed that both Digital Foundry and NX Gamer (IGN) completely missed this as it is pretty obvious.

Xbox Series S user here. I have exactly the same problem. My eyes began to hurt, although this had not happened before. Constant flashing screen. There were strong noises and reflections. The image looks terrible. 60fps mode is unplayable.

Top Bottom