Serious Disappointment With The Stories

+
Now I've played The Witcher 3 for 700.1 hours, Witcher 2 for 124 hours, Witcher 1 for 127 hours. Yes those games come from books but the games gave so many things to the already written story. Incredible easter eggs, amazing follow-up stories. I accept that carrying the save files to the next game didn't do too much except for Letho, but still, every story side or main, was deep and carried on to some other quest. I never expected graphical masterpieces. I had GTX 750 Ti at the time and now GTX 960. I don't care about the graphics when that game came from CDPR. I want to see the story.

I've never written in this forum before, but I sent many tickets in the past to the CDPR. They always answered with genuine sentences. Never auto-replies. One time I just wrote "thank you for the Wild Hunt, I hope you'll be more succesfull in the future". And they answered "Thank you, we're really happy that you enjoyed our game". Now all this.

My main problem is the lying. And I am leaving out the PS-4 issues. They lied about the progression of the story. Why? I really don't understand. You know what happened to No Man's Sky. You already sold the witcher 3 really good. And players whom played it will buy this too and the game will have more to show of course so your sale would go even higher. Why didn't you just say this is an action-adventure game like Far Cry. And it really is a polished Far Cry in my opinion. I never got that hype everyone is talking about. I only got one type of hype maybe, "The game will be like the Witcher Series". Nothing more. Because they said "expect nothing less than the Witcher". Bugs I was expecting, optimization issues I was expecting. But I was not expecting a linear story. Nothing we do changes nothing. Except for the ending. But if I have no control over the story on the way, why would I care about the different endings? If I am going to play it again, I have to do everything, but everything the same way except for the ending. A save file just before the ending would be enough then. Far Cry 3 was a great game in my opinion. In its genre at least. The villian was great, gameplay good enough. There was a choice at the ending too. But it was just a Far Cry. I would never expected the CDPR to make a Far Cry (story-based).

"The choices you make will shape the world around you" they said that. Why did you say it? I just don't understand. Speaking to my friends wasn't enough so I wanted to share my disappointment here too. I don't know if this is already been talked too much. But here you go. I hope this is not the end of CDPR. And they will come back with a truthful game. Because free DLCs and patches won't be enough for me. Not that they shouldn't fix the game about the bugs and glitches and crashes and optimization.

Finally, I know the conditions of working under pressure, long hours, harsh administrators and stuff. I think many people do. I don't mean to say that this is not an excuse, but we all live those kind of situations. Hopefully they will make a comeback.

Cheers

Because they want to sell the game. Mb at the start they really wanted to do a big and complex game and you can find a lot of footprints of cutted mechanics/content, but deadlines are deadlines and managment are being managment. Game released way to early. For now it's just a template for a possible a godlike game. But will they do anything about it? I have a very little faith in CDPR now.

There are simple answer to all question regarding CP 2077.
1. Management
There is all to it, game was fucked from inside, its why cp is half baked
Post automatically merged:

Because they want to sell the game. Mb at the start they really wanted to do a big and complex game and you can find a lot of footprints of cutted mechanics/content, but deadlines are dedlines and managment are being managment. Game released way to early. For now it's just a template for a possible a godlike game. But will they do anything about it? I have a very little faith in CDPR now.
Its absolutely crazy how much good will have they lost because of it, they were "top gaming Company" while it was not true but its still regarded good by consumer, but know they getting shat on by everyone and they deserve it every bit of it

Because they want to sell the game. Mb at the start they really wanted to do a big and complex game and you can find a lot of footprints of cutted mechanics/content, but deadlines are dedlines and managment are being managment. Game released way to early. For now it's just a template for a possible a godlike game. But will they do anything about it? I have a very little faith in CDPR now.
Its absolutely crazy how much good will have they lost because of it, they were "top gaming Company" while it was not true but its still regarded good by consumer, but know they getting shat on by everyone and they deserve it every bit of it

Because they want to sell the game. Mb at the start they really wanted to do a big and complex game and you can find a lot of footprints of cutted mechanics/content, but deadlines are deadlines and managment are being managment. Game released way to early. For now it's just a template for a possible a godlike game. But will they do anything about it? I have a very little faith in CDPR now.
Even though I don't want to, I am losing faith also. There maybe cutted things out there, but I don't believe those contents would make the game nonlinear. True about the early release too. Those whom wanted the great story would've waited too.

There are simple answer to all question regarding CP 2077.
1. Management
There is all to it, game was fucked from inside, its why cp is half baked

Isn't the management the same though? Since witcher series I don't think anything changed management wise. That's why I am so disappointed. How did the same people do this?

Isn't the management the same though? Since witcher series I don't think anything changed management wise. That's why I am so disappointed. How did the same people do this?
Bad things happens and it's sad.
Here is a quick breakdown i believe:

Even though I don't want to, I am losing faith also. There maybe cutted things out there, but I don't believe those contents would make the game nonlinear. True about the early release too. Those whom wanted the great story would've waited too.

If were to believe posts about CP development, it sounds quite logical. CP lost some major devs, disconnection between two development teams, rewriting problems. Probably at the most cp got 3-4 years of "real" development...

If were to believe posts about CP development, it sounds quite logical. CP lost some major devs, disconnection between two development teams, rewriting problems. Probably at the most cp got 3-4 years of "real" development...
Pretty sure they started the "real" development after last expansion of The Witcher 3. Before that, i think, there were mostly some prototypes and concepts on paper.

Pretty sure they started the "real" development after last expansion of The Witcher 3. Before that, i think, there were mostly some prototypes and concepts on paper.

Yeah, a lot of misconceptions around. Development time was close to 2 years (some if not most of it under covid restrictions) and for that, what we got is amazing.

Ever led a software project or tried to manage expectations? It is HARD. The magnitude of hype they created was crushing. No product could ever hope to meet the expectation and on top of it they made wrong decisions more than once. You play in the big leagues and the losses you take are huge. Here still hoping that the organisation can get back on its feet. Havent lost hope or trust thanks to my own experiences, but can also relate with the gamers who truly feel betrayed and angry.

Life is not fair, but you can work hard to make a difference.

Yeah, a lot of misconceptions around. Development time was close to 2 years (some if not most of it under covid restrictions) and for that, what we got is amazing.

Ever led a software project or tried to manage expectations? It is HARD. The magnitude of hype they created was crushing. No product could ever hope to meet the expectation and on top of it they made wrong decisions more than once. You play in the big leagues and the losses you take are huge. Here still hoping that the organisation can get back on its feet. Havent lost hope or trust thanks to my own experiences, but can also relate with the gamers who truly feel betrayed and angry.

I hear you and I've been in a software project, that's why I said I know the harsh enviroment. This is not about that hype you're talking about though. GTA expectations, the greatest game ever to be made bla bla. The story expectations though, that's a different subject. Because they already did it. Feeling betrayed or angry, not true. I feel sad. Anyways I understand what you said. You are right about "that" hype. But not mine. I never got hyped about something there isn't around. They never said we're making a game like GTA or better. The same time never said "we are making a game just like Far Cry". Failing to give that is not me expecting something more than there is. That's my opinion anyways.

Ever led a software project or tried to manage expectations?
Not leading but i'm working in gamedev as a QA, so i understand all the "kitchen".

And what we've got not amazing. A lot of false advertisment and PR, that raised expectations of players get us in situation what we've got. Pretty mediocre game. Only visual is good, and a lot of questionable/bad stuff.

This not even about expectations, they themselves hyped cp to no ends. Its straight up not finished game

Now I've played The Witcher 3 for 700.1 hours, Witcher 2 for 124 hours, Witcher 1 for 127 hours. Yes those games come from books but the games gave so many things to the already written story. Incredible easter eggs, amazing follow-up stories. I accept that carrying the save files to the next game didn't do too much except for Letho, but still, every story side or main, was deep and carried on to some other quest. I never expected graphical masterpieces. I had GTX 750 Ti at the time and now GTX 960. I don't care about the graphics when that game came from CDPR. I want to see the story.

I've never written in this forum before, but I sent many tickets in the past to the CDPR. They always answered with genuine sentences. Never auto-replies. One time I just wrote "thank you for the Wild Hunt, I hope you'll be more succesfull in the future". And they answered "Thank you, we're really happy that you enjoyed our game". Now all this.

My main problem is the lying. And I am leaving out the PS-4 issues. They lied about the progression of the story. Why? I really don't understand. You know what happened to No Man's Sky. You already sold the witcher 3 really good. And players whom played it will buy this too and the game will have more to show of course so your sale would go even higher. Why didn't you just say this is an action-adventure game like Far Cry. And it really is a polished Far Cry in my opinion. I never got that hype everyone is talking about. I only got one type of hype maybe, "The game will be like the Witcher Series". Nothing more. Because they said "expect nothing less than the Witcher". Bugs I was expecting, optimization issues I was expecting. But I was not expecting a linear story. Nothing we do changes nothing. Except for the ending. But if I have no control over the story on the way, why would I care about the different endings? If I am going to play it again, I have to do everything, but everything the same way except for the ending. A save file just before the ending would be enough then. Far Cry 3 was a great game in my opinion. In its genre at least. The villian was great, gameplay good enough. There was a choice at the ending too. But it was just a Far Cry. I would never expected the CDPR to make a Far Cry (story-based).

"The choices you make will shape the world around you" they said that. Why did you say it? I just don't understand. Speaking to my friends wasn't enough so I wanted to share my disappointment here too. I don't know if this is already been talked too much. But here you go. I hope this is not the end of CDPR. And they will come back with a truthful game. Because free DLCs and patches won't be enough for me. Not that they shouldn't fix the game about the bugs and glitches and crashes and optimization.

Finally, I know the conditions of working under pressure, long hours, harsh administrators and stuff. I think many people do. I don't mean to say that this is not an excuse, but we all live those kind of situations. Hopefully they will make a comeback.

Cheers
I have been on quite a few threads in the forum relating to CP2077, and some elements are brilliant. And I mean BRILLIANT! It is a beautiful game with a strangely intoxicating atmosphere. If you hit the main roads of the Badlands at sunset, just out of NC, Pacific Radio on, it is just an absolute experience. Just cruising and absorbing the scenery.

The characters, bonds and romances are a masterpiece. Voice acting, personalities, facial expressions and mannerisms. The romances, whilst too short, are real-world emotional. The development and chemistry during them is the kind of thing that inadvertently affects you outside of the game.

But it's utterly ruined by the fact we were sold an epic, revolutionary RPG. TW3 level complexity and gameplay. Yet what we seem to have got is action adventure. A futuristic GTA. Whilst there seem to be very few/short missions, the dialogue and writing gives the potential for this game to be something special. But it all just ends up as a convuleted trip to the same destination.

With so many people being vocal, feeling the same way I do: that we must have missed something, because this isn't the game I've waited 7 years for. It's hard to play the game without focusing on the missed potential, which only serves to highlight more oddities in the game.

The very short, 3 step romances. The decent dialogue variety that all still lead to one outcome. The immense effort and time that has gone into characters, who are redundant after 30-40 hours. The plethora of doors available for interaction, but with 'open (locked)' tag. A number of the endings being left in a 'dunno' state. If you choose the Panam romance ending, they practically catapult breadcrumbs in your face, and top it off with Misty's tarot reading screaming "There is loads of story left! We could write another game with it. We might continue this... Or not. F**k you".

I was angry at the game being misrepresented after I finished it. But now having played with a different perspective, I can't help feel we are missing half the game. All the little oddities and clunky plot points, the vagueness of certain elements. All seem like we have a seriously 'skimmed down' game, I'm just not sure why.

Somebody yet has found the BioDyne Office in Night City ?

It may can solve the problem with the Happy Ending(s) !?!

Story needs tweakin and filler but Silverhand seems to be somewhat forcefully injected into story. Does not also make sense that body would reject engram or that nanotech cant repair damage done? So many holes!

Top Bottom