Seriously can you guys just please release Thronebreaker already

+
Seriously can you guys just please release Thronebreaker already

I hope the card game and its multiplayer takes off once you guys start your 2018 gwent promotion which you said you would do, but I personally only have gwent on my ps4 for the upcoming campaigns. I was so disappointed when it was becoming apparent thronebreaker wasn't releasing in 2017.

My gut feeling is you guys have it done and have it in your pocket, waiting for the right time. I hate to break this news to you, but 2018 is stacked as hell with games and in just a week and a half we're going to get swarmed with a lot of games starting with monster hunter world on jan 26th. Nonstop games like kingdom come deliverance, shadow of the colossus, far cry 5, ni no kuni 2, god of war, sea of thieves, yakuza 6, divinity original sin 2 console version, ect, will be pouring out nonstop and it won't cool off until the Summer.

Just release Thronebreaker. There is no great time to release it. Early JAN was the perfect time and that has passed. Cook up an amazing trailer I know CDPR is capable of and just get this campaign out there. Word of mouth will spread. You guys are easily the most loved developer in the industry right now and thronebreaker will sell like hotcakes once people see its rpg-like.

CDPR is still working hard on the game and it's not in anyones pocket yet.
As much as I'd love to play it, we'll have to continue to stay patient and wait for an official announcement.

Last edited:
SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10250612 said:
Why are people looking forward to it anyway?

It's like a basic top down isometric game for kids, no?

It's basically a roleplaying game with cards, and it has pretty good writers working on it.

SHALLAHJUSTICE;n10250612 said:
Why are people looking forward to it anyway?
I don't know about other people, but, personally, I'm looking forward to the story. Some of the REDs' top writers from The Witcher III are working on it, so I think it fair to assume a rather good tale awaits.

devivre;n10251932 said:
It's basically a roleplaying game with cards
Riven-Twain;n10254342 said:
I don't know about other people, but, personally, I'm looking forward to the story

Pretty much this :)

It has been a while since The Witcher 3, and I would like to hear more great stories made by CDPR :) I like playing Gwent, but I'm more of an RPG player, not that much of a card game fan.

Is Thronebreaker going to be available on PS4? It would be nice to get some of the stuff that the PC version has.

Uhhhh, if there's this much backlash by a simple patch, do you really think their "game mode" is any closer to be polished? I wouldn't be surprised if this patch forced them to basically re-design Thronebreaker, since their direction is the opposite of good. They've probably wasted soooo much resources, I wouldn't expect this anytime soon. And if it is soon, it will not be any good.

Everyday I take a peek at the News Forums expecting to see something about Thronebreaker.

:scaredpeasant:

fodare;n10271982 said:
Uhhhh, if there's this much backlash by a simple patch, do you really think their "game mode" is any closer to be polished? I wouldn't be surprised if this patch forced them to basically re-design Thronebreaker, since their direction is the opposite of good. They've probably wasted soooo much resources, I wouldn't expect this anytime soon. And if it is soon, it will not be any good.

Two completely different things. A story mode isn't an online competitive card game. That should be self-evident.

Can you think of any recent CDPR products that suggest they have a talent for making good single player experiences?

iamthedave;n10280322 said:
Can you think of any recent CDPR products that suggest they have a talent for making good single player experiences?
Oh, two or three little trifling ventures come to mind. . . .

Theodrik;n10279432 said:
Everyday I take a peek at the News Forums expecting to see something about Thronebreaker.
Ay, that would be rather nice, wouldn't it? It's times like this that I'm glad I invested so many development points into Waiting.

I imagine Thronebreaker will be somewhere in the middle of the year. June/July, something like that. Witcher 3 took them three and a half years to make. I don't think Thronebreaker's going to need that length of time; it's a somewhat simpler product after all, but if they want it to have the same quality of writing they can't rush it. A year of development feels a bit short for me. 18 months seems about right.

I'm really looking forward to Thronebreaker as well. In fact, it's my second most anticipated game of 2018 and the only reason why it's not the most anticipated game is because Shenmue 3 is scheduled to launch in 2018 (sorry, guys, but nothing can compete with that, as far as I'm concerned).
Having said that, I want Thronebreaker to be as good as possible and I certainly don't want it to be even slightly rushed. So, if it's not ready yet, it's not ready yet. I don't mind waiting.

Take your time, CDPR. When it's ready, it's ready.

O_Rei_do_Frango;n10285252 said:
I'm really looking forward to Thronebreaker as well. In fact, it's my second most anticipated game of 2018 and the only reason why it's not the most anticipated game is because Shenmue 3 is scheduled to launch in 2018 (sorry, guys, but nothing can compete with that, as far as I'm concerned).
Having said that, I want Thronebreaker to be as good as possible and I certainly don't want it to be even slightly rushed. So, if it's not ready yet, it's not ready yet. I don't mind waiting.

Take your time, CDPR. When it's ready, it's ready.

Shenmue you say? 2018 you say?

I'll believe it when I see it, I say. Isn't Final Fantasy 7 remake supposed to be this year as well?

iamthedave;n10280322 said:
Two completely different things. A story mode isn't an online competitive card game. That should be self-evident.

What?! Their hackneyed Witcher series has literally no indication of what to expect from this. Not to mention we're talking about a story mode.... that is a competitive card game, so your point is null. Not to mention I was referring to how polished it was, meaning they don't spend their time wisely, completely irrelevant to your point.

You do know it's not going to be a different game, right? It's just going to be the same cards doing random things set to stilted voice acting.

Last edited by a moderator:
fodare;n10295572 said:
What?! Their hackneyed Witcher series has literally no indication of what to expect from this. Not to mention we're talking about a story mode.... that is a competitive card game, so your point is null. Not to mention I was referring to how polished it was, meaning they don't spend their time wisely, completely irrelevant to your point.

You do know it's not going to be a different game, right? It's just going to be the same cards doing random things set to stilted voice acting.

Out of curiousity, why are you here, then? You clearly have low opinions of CDPR's abilities, you don't seem to like GWENT much, and you apparently view The Witcher with contempt (never mind that it's considered the defining RPG of its time and a masterpiece, but hey, what does the entire gaming industry know?), so what's the appeal? There are far more polished products out there.

Do you really think Thronebreaker is just going to be a random selection of battles strung together with no connective tissue, like the seasonal events? Because it sounds like that's what you think.

Never mind that you seem to miss a logical step: isn't it entirely possible that a contributing factor to the disastrous midwinter patch is that they're devoting significant resources to Thronebreaker?

fodare;n10295572 said:

Source on this? What I remember seeing in the trailers and such was new cards doing new things.

StrykerxS77x;n10302822 said:
What I remember seeing in the trailers and such was new cards doing new things.
As far as we have been informed, Thronebreaker will have RPG elements, dialogues, exploration, and unique card mechanics, especially tailored to the single-player story. An overview of what has been officially announced thus far may still be found in the Gwent: Thronebreaker Tracking Thread.

Top Bottom