Seriously can you guys just please release Thronebreaker already

+
fodare;n10295572 said:
What?! Their hackneyed Witcher series has literally no indication of what to expect from this. Not to mention we're talking about a story mode.... that is a competitive card game, so your point is null. Not to mention I was referring to how polished it was, meaning they don't spend their time wisely, completely irrelevant to your point.

You do know it's not going to be a different game, right? It's just going to be the same cards doing random things set to stilted voice acting.

"hackneyed Witcher series"

DimitarMace;n10341962 said:
Does someone knows will the campaign be playable offine without internet connection ?

I don't remember hearing anything about that yet. I guess we just have to wait :)

Really looking forward to this release.
First and foremost, its only roughly been 5 months since the idea has been released. Imo their still making good time.
Another thought is their waiting to actually get out of Beta before calling this finished. If you think about it they made some huge changes with that midwinter release, so of course their going to have to rework the computers algorithm in multiple ways. If they do have to fix all those things, they also have to adjust the balancing between the extra mechanics in the game and balancing of cards.

I think its pretty clear Gwent is not ready for 1.0 yet. If they release the game too early itll be similar to the "Pokemon Go" app where it lit up like a rocket and then crashed and burned within weeks, because it wasn't ready. This relates to this story. If the core game itself isn't ready, how can they claim this new adventure is? I strongly suggest they take their time on both to allow ultimate value of enjoyment for their customers. Rather than dealing with nonstop complaints about what needs fixing and losing customers/fans because of it.

Same opinion as Sam_paradox
Personally, I don't play very much to Gwent currently due to my studies... But really looking forward to play Thronebreaker. And when is the best moment to release Thronebreaker? When the devs consider it is ready
In fact... all of those who are claiming that the campaign should had been released already... Do you know the current state of its development? I guess that is a superlative important information at the hour of deciding anything about the game. And, actually, as far as I know, that information is only known by the devs.

immessingaround;n10248722 said:
I hope the card game and its multiplayer takes off once you guys start your 2018 gwent promotion which you said you would do, but I personally only have gwent on my ps4 for the upcoming campaigns. I was so disappointed when it was becoming apparent thronebreaker wasn't releasing in 2017.

My gut feeling is you guys have it done and have it in your pocket, waiting for the right time. I hate to break this news to you, but 2018 is stacked as hell with games and in just a week and a half we're going to get swarmed with a lot of games starting with monster hunter world on jan 26th. Nonstop games like kingdom come deliverance, shadow of the colossus, far cry 5, ni no kuni 2, god of war, sea of thieves, yakuza 6, divinity original sin 2 console version, ect, will be pouring out nonstop and it won't cool off until the Summer.

Just release Thronebreaker. There is no great time to release it. Early JAN was the perfect time and that has passed. Cook up an amazing trailer I know CDPR is capable of and just get this campaign out there. Word of mouth will spread. You guys are easily the most loved developer in the industry right now and thronebreaker will sell like hotcakes once people see its rpg-like.

He makes a great point though, if CDPR plans on retention and new player base for 2018 they have to be sure to compete with these new games by bringing more balance and more content. The dwarf meta was just about as appalling as game design gets and even I, a long time Gwent fanboy, can't handle another meta such as that. I hope they made some changes to their game design staff, make premiums available for each released card, and release a single player mode simply because I don't see the game surviving much longer without these additions. It is a sad thing to see a game die in a beta and says a lot about the studio's abilities.

Top Bottom