Seriously, Where the F*** was your QA when you made some of these design decisions

+
Controls are a good place to start, double-tap dodge is awkward as hell. a keybind like this shouldn't be that hard to fix code wise 10 mins tops, its a keybind for god's sake

perks and balance for them are all over the place

dagger dealer im 90% sure is not working as intended, if it is intended why the hell would you create a mechanic that treats melee weapons as consumables (especially ones that expensive)

pistols (while fun) are ludicrous from a balance standpoint, they also seem to be the perk tree that has received the more care, assault, on the other hand, seems like it has three different perk trees jammed together (and athletics looks like it should have been 2 separate perk trees with one governing movement and the other survivability but unlike assault, it actually works a lot better)

the engineering tree really should have been fleshed out a bit more to benefit cyberweapons.

then there are cyberweapons which have some egregious problems with scaling, they should either improve with character level (them being a literal part of you and all), have a perk tree tied to them, or just be upgradable (and I don't mean just increasing the rarity, that works for percentage-based boosts but not for WEAPONS)

and there is the projectile arm launcher, it doesn't use any resources whatsoever, where are those rockets coming from, giving it a dedicated ammo type would fix the issue in an instant and make people more deliberate in its use.

difficulty and balance are all over the place, the jump between normal and hard is huge, and kind of odd, but even on very hard some people still find the game to be to easy, maybe there needs to be higher difficulty modes in the future

I dont mean to be rude when I ask this but seriously, WHERE THE FUCK WAS THE QA. some of these problems are hard to miss.

I feel like on literally everybody's priority list: these things would rank quite low. It is CDPR's first shooter RPG attempt (right)?

Secondly, the difficult of the game works as intended (right now) in my opinion. You get a real taste of difficulty against some enemies, and definitely police that one shot you.

There's so many more important things to fix than this stuff.

sidenote: Pistols are fun. so who cares

I feel like on literally everybody's priority list: these things would rank quite low. It is CDPR's first shooter RPG attempt (right)?

Secondly, the difficult of the game works as intended (right now) in my opinion. You get a real taste of difficulty against some enemies, and definitely police that one shot you.

There's so many more important things to fix than this stuff.

sidenote: Pistols are fun. so who cares

im not ragging on the game its more of a how the hell did they miss some of this stuff, the dodge mechanic is a huge peeve of mine because I have a melee build, but the skill trees, those feel all over the place, my point is that all the skill trees should be just as impactful as the one for handguns

im not ragging on the game its more of a how the hell did they miss some of this stuff, the dodge mechanic is a huge peeve of mine because I have a melee build, but the skill trees, those feel all over the place, my point is that all the skill trees should be just as impactful as the one for handguns

I think all of these issues just show how rushed the game really was. I really would like to know what the consequence for not making the deadline was. CDPR are talented people, and I find it hard to believe they wanted to release this game in it's current state.

We all know that the game needed another month or two to work out the kinks, and that the devs, QA included, were telling the Board of Directors that.

The Board didn't listen. So it's not QA's fault, it's the Boards for ignoring their employees in the trenches, and going ahead and launching the game when it wasn't ready.

oh here we go blaming QA again, I've worked QA in the past and I can tell you that even when QA finds all the nasty trust me the DB gets overlooked by prod always all the time. not wanting to dedicate resources on them, scoping, timeframes... even when QA deny a release, Prod always has the last word and generally goes with it anyways to avoid missing stores featuring or holidays sales.

Started my career in QA. It isn't the testers. Trust me. On every QA team there is at least a hand full of people that are leaps and bounds better at design and design solutions than the top brass.

On many occasion and as a rule of thumb, keep your heads low and mouths shut. Cuz no one knows what they are doing and no one wants to be reminded of that. The pay ain't bad either.

no doubt the game was rushed out the door, how long was the pre-production, and how long was the actual development cycle,

personally, I doubt the actual development cycle exceeded 18 months, too many poorly polished mechanics and AI, everything aside from actual in-game assets feels very Thrown together for lack of a better word, these are the kinds of things that tend to get quashed early in the QA process, especially the dodge issues and just generally the editing of keybinds.

I'm not really blaming any it's just one of those things where they left some glaring problems that they HAD to have known about.

Something stinks in the fundamental balance and design areas of the game, also I wonder if they allowed pondsmith to get involved wth direction and the rpg systems or if he was just licensing.

no doubt the game was rushed out the door, how long was the pre-production, and how long was the actual development cycle,

personally, I doubt the actual development cycle exceeded 18 months, too many poorly polished mechanics and AI, everything aside from actual in-game assets feels very Thrown together for lack of a better word, these are the kinds of things that tend to get quashed early in the QA process, especially the dodge issues and just generally the editing of keybinds.

I'm not really blaming any it's just one of those things where they left some glaring problems that they HAD to have known about.

Something stinks in the fundamental balance and design areas of the game, also I wonder if they allowed pondsmith to get involved wth direction and the rpg systems or if he was just licensing.

If I remember right, they said that Pondsmith was pretty much licensing, and if they had any questions about the material, he was there to answer their questions, but nothing more.

Otherwise, they had a pretty good idea where they wanted to go in August 2018, they had a story, they had a rough program already laid out, things seemed to have been going smooth.

Then at some point they switched gears, decided that what they had was going to take too long and take too much money, and trimmed it all down in a short period of time (probably your 18 months), but because of all the changes, were never able to really perfect it.

From what you can read, every time the dev team was going smooth, the managers would move the goal posts more, and they'd have to scramble to meet the new goals, and they never reached it.

If I remember right, they said that Pondsmith was pretty much licensing, and if they had any questions about the material, he was there to answer their questions, but nothing more.

Otherwise, they had a pretty good idea where they wanted to go in August 2018, they had a story, they had a rough program already laid out, things seemed to have been going smooth.

Then at some point they switched gears, decided that what they had was going to take too long and take too much money, and trimmed it all down in a short period of time (probably your 18 months), but because of all the changes, were never able to really perfect it.

From what you can read, every time the dev team was going smooth, the managers would move the goal posts more, and they'd have to scramble to meet the new goals, and they never reached it.

probobly this whole thing smells like fallout new vegas but with all the added problems of the modern video game industry Fallout new vegas was a great game but it didnt have as much riding on it and had a far better luanch (plus you expected that shit from Bethesda even though obsidian developed it)

also there was covid so I should say 18 mounths worth of productivity for the development cycle, with that in mind maybe 2 years

I can understand why people point out Qa though, they are suppose to be the gate keepers.. when all fails they will stop any problems, unfortunately, and it happened to me back then, even though you point out design/tech flaws it will get swiped under the rag because its not "release" breaking or deemed not important enough since the core loop can be completed anyways, and well let's be honest most companies (not all) does not value QA opinions/ideas really high.. basically just make sure the intent is followed in the end. I would be curious to see how their database must look like and how many unresolved high priority issues are still on the back burners as of now.

Top Bottom