Serrit

+
Serrit

I just got this card in a keg drop (finally - a silver card I haven't got!) and so I tried playing with it in a NG Reveal deck thinking that it could be a really powerful damaging card in round 3. The description of the card states that Serrit damages an opposing card for 1 point for every card revealed). So, I got to round 3 having played a load of reveal cards and then placed Serrit expecting it to damage an opposing card considerably (I'd revealed at least 6 cards in the preceding rounds) and it did a mighty 1 damage.

Is the damage inflicted by this card limited to the cards revealed in the round it is played?

As an aside - this is a prime example of how keg drops can push players into playing factions they don't normally play. I don't play NG as I'm lacking any decent silver and gold cards for it but I just had to try this one out. I'll still keep playing it for a bit to see if this is a one-off problem or limited to the round reveals but it has shown me that NG is a fun, if a bit random, faction.

Serrit deals damage based on the number of revealed cards currently in players' hands
so if you have 2 revealed cards in hand and your opponent has 3, then he will do 5 damage to a non-gold unit.

NG is far from a random faction. Putting aside the actual specifics, and speaking more generally. NG IMO it is one of the best defined factions both in identity and the deck archetypes out there.

I think 'currently' is appropriate word here. My understanding of the card, based on it's description, was that it would calculate damage based on the total of cards revealed; I think that's a fair assumption to make without the word 'currently' or the phrase 'during the current round' in the card description, though I'll admit that 'total' wasn't a word used in the description either. The description is ambiguous at the moment and it sounds to me like it needs to change to clarify the card's effect.

Once he hits the field his effect activates which searches both players hands for revealed cards to total up his damage

The things is there's no cards currently that carry over those more advanced effects into later rounds, Spotters are probably the closest but they gain STR which is easy to tally. They'll need to add a new specific counter just for him, If I remember correctly on Reddit one of the Devs said that he's getting a change in the next patch.

Pirate captains carry over also, whenever a card is discarded they gain strength whether they're in your deck or hand. Something similar would make this card a killer (though his strength may need to be reduced to balance things out). Of curse, CDPR may just change it's effect to something completely different.

Top Bottom