Servers and Matchmaking

+
Servers and Matchmaking

Something I want to ask you forum dwellers.
And maybe we could get some clarification from the REDS..

I'm in North America ..and play on ps4.
Questions are.

1. Is there cross play with pc/xbox or are we just playing others on the ps network?
(I forget if this has been said)

And

2.As far as matchmaking goes...I've noticed here recently I've been matched up,with what I'm guessing, is Chinese players..(see question 1.) And how are they being mixed into north American servers since there is no.server browser

I don't mind the free win.. because I have yet to play more than a couple cards before they get the disconnect

Thoughts ? Are you people in Europe and so on experiencing the same thing? Or do.you get to play the games out since you are somewhat closer?

I am also in U.S. and play on PS4 and have played what seems like people from all over the world, I just thought that, it's on the internet so it was normal. (but I'm technically challenged)
As far as playing against PC/Xbox, I don't know how you would know and does it matter?
Do other platforms have different advantages or draw backs?
Most of the disconnect issues for me seem to be random I have played full games with what looks like Mandarin, Tai and others from all over.
I think that it might have something to do with the time of day that you play I see more oriental in the really early mornings around 3:00am-5:00am MST but that also changes on the day of the week.
It will be interesting to find out.

Vattier

CD PROJEKT RED
TheShift;n10718341 said:
1. Is there cross play with pc/xbox or are we just playing others on the ps network?
(I forget if this has been said)

Matchmaking on PS4 is not limited to PlayStation platform. You can be matched with players from other platforms.

TheShift;n10718341 said:
2.As far as matchmaking goes...I've noticed here recently I've been matched up,with what I'm guessing, is Chinese players..(see question 1.) And how are they being mixed into north American servers since there is no.server browser?

Matchmaking is global, players can be matched even if they are not from the same region.

Already answered but yes, Gwent is cross platform. Noticed this when I wanted to send a message to a player and ask about his deck. Search couldn't find him on PSN.

And I get matched with Chinese players but doin't get disconnected much. Just get a bit of lag.

Thanks Vattier for the quick response

The other question I meant to ask and must have slipped my thought process while posting this

Are servers in Poland only? Does everyone connect there and play or do you have servers in other country's

I'm just curious because some fps games I play they have servers set up all over,just wondered how Gwent functions

thirdeye50;n10718601 said:
I am also in U.S. and play on PS4 and have played what seems like people from all over the world, I just thought that, it's on the internet so it was normal. (but I'm technically challenged)
As far as playing against PC/Xbox, I don't know how you would know and does it matter?
Do other platforms have different advantages or draw backs?
Most of the disconnect issues for me seem to be random I have played full games with what looks like Mandarin, Tai and others from all over.
I think that it might have something to do with the time of day that you play I see more oriental in the really early mornings around 3:00am-5:00am MST but that also changes on the day of the week.
It will be interesting to find out.

PC players have a clear advantage over console players due to gwentup, imo console players should always disable cross play unless you don't mind playing at a disadvantage.

I can't play the game anymore due to regular disconnects. Every other game I play is a loss due to a disconnect. And I'm tired of exchanging texts with the Support, all they ever say is 'We are aware of the issue and looking into it' but really don't do anything about it. Sigh..

m0bius8;n10722701 said:
I can't play the game anymore due to regular disconnects. Every other game I play is a loss due to a disconnect. And I'm tired of exchanging texts with the Support, all they ever say is 'We are aware of the issue and looking into it' but really don't do anything about it. Sigh..

I can say I have only had a couple of disconnects in a year and a half ..and those were due to (I think) the issues with the mid winter update (which I think) was hot Fixed real quick

other than that I only loose Chinese players,the 3 I might come across in a few hours

my ps4 is hard lined. With port dedication and I have 100mbs connection...which I pay about 100$ a month for

sometimes when I read posts of people (not singling you out) just sayin,I wonder what kind of connection people are paying for.. let's say people are paying for a basic Internet service..say for 30$ a month.. they are not getting that good of a connection ..for what it takes these days for video games

Hellsmoke77;n10720761 said:
PC players have a clear advantage over console players due to gwentup, imo console players should always disable cross play unless you don't mind playing at a disadvantage.

The only problem with this is you are probably going to struggle finding games especially in ranked if you disable it.

TheShift;n10723531 said:
sometimes when I read posts of people (not singling you out) just sayin,I wonder what kind of connection people are paying for.. let's say people are paying for a basic Internet service..say for 30$ a month.. they are not getting that good of a connection ..for what it takes these days for video games

It's not the internet connection. I've had similar issues after the last patch where it made the game unplayable. Some console players feel it worse than others for some reason.

StrykerxS77x;n10723761 said:
It's not the internet connection. I've had similar issues after the last patch where it made the game unplayable. Some console players feel it worse than others for some reason.

Maybe it's just a region thing.. Im just throwing thoughts

TheShift;n10723531 said:
I can say I have only had a couple of disconnects in a year and a half ..and those were due to (I think) the issues with the mid winter update (which I think) was hot Fixed real quick

other than that I only loose Chinese players,the 3 I might come across in a few hours

my ps4 is hard lined. With port dedication and I have 100mbs connection...which I pay about 100$ a month for

I've been playing since closed beta, these disconnects started happening just recently, mate. There has been no change to my connection. And it's not your common disconnects where you just lose the game and move on, the game just Stops. The timers goes to 0 and stays there and I can still move around and use my avatar and everything but can't forfeit. I've to close the game and go back to the dashboard (I'm on Xbox One btw).

It happens a LOT. To the extent that the game has become unplayable for me. I'd love nothing more than to see a fix soon because Gwent is the only game I love to play. Guess I'll just have to wait.

Well that sucks man.
I guess not having the issue I can't complain

Which.. this thread has went the wrong way kinda

I was just curious about the servers and how matching making in different regions worked for gwent

:hmm:

Top Bottom