Settings reset after update

+
Hi, since last update of the game had showed up i have been experiencing a problem. Every time i turn on the game it resets its settings to defaults. Language setting as well as controls are being cleared to their original states. I'm playing on PlayStation 4.

Hello, I have the same problem. My saves can't be load either. What about yours?
Please let me know if you will find a way to solve the problem, I'll be grateful to you!

For the settings, I would try "Clearing Cache" first, and see if that changes anything:
(there's not really a support article about the exact same issue, so this will have to do - on console clearing cache is useful for all sorts of issues and there's not much else you can do, other than for example reinstalling a game)

If none of that works, you can contact them by clicking on "contact us".

As for the save games, that's a different topic. You can find a few articles regarding save games here:

If nothing there answers your question, you can also send a ticket to support to CDPR support by clicking on "contact us" (just pick on of the save game related support articles that has a "Contact Us" option to send a ticket).

Hello, I have the same problem. My saves can't be load either. What about yours?
Please let me know if you will find a way to solve the problem, I'll be grateful to you!
You can't load your saves if they are older than the 14/12/2022 game update.

Since a few days I have the problem similiar to yours. I can't create anny new saves manually.

Need to reset all option items everytime I launch the game without recognising the saved version. It was not the case for the first few days after the new gen ver. released. Rather frustratiNg

You're not the only. I guess most of playstation players encounter this issue (PS4 and PS5).
I have no doubt that a fix will be released on playstation soon enough (but I guess, only after New Year, early january).

I have the same problem. You can save your game after logging in to your Gog account and claiming your rewards, but you'll need to reset your settings each time you launch the game.

I have the same problem, if the game is completely turned off and then turned on, the whole setting is reset to the default state. Even after powering on, the screen with setting gamma as well as the size of the interface pops up as if the game is being turned on for the first time. I have PS5 digital version.

I have the same problem, if the game is completely turned off and then turned on, the whole setting is reset to the default state. Even after powering on, the screen with setting gamma as well as the size of the interface pops up as if the game is being turned on for the first time. I have PS5 digital version.
Just be patient, I have no doubt it will be fixed in the next update/patch (CDPR is aware of this issue on Playstation).
"We're currently investigating an issue that prevents some PlayStation players from creating manual saves or causes issues with saving and loading the game
Players who experience this issue may also experience their settings being reset to default whenever they launch the game. This includes rescaling the HUD and adjusting the brightness."

New PS5 install (PS4 disc -> next gen update) and new playtrough started after next gen was released. Everything worked fine for a few weeks but now my game settings reset (HUD, gamma, distance, gameplay, everthing) on each startup. Getting a bit annoying. Saves still work but there is a warning message on first load (previous autosaves might be lost... or something) on each startup.
I have claimed the online rewards so account is linked. Might try the fix from reddit, backing up save to USB and then deleting, but seems a bit scary for a bug which should be fixed. https://www.reddit.com/r/Witcher3/comments/zluwt8 Otherwise the game is just great, really getting stuck into it now!

Cmon CDPR, come back from Christmas Holidays and figure this thing out :)

Cmon CDPR, come back from Christmas Holidays and figure this thing out :)
Just be a bit patient, they are aware and look into it ;)
"We're currently investigating an issue that prevents some PlayStation players from creating manual saves or causes issues with saving and loading the game
Players who experience this issue may also experience their settings being reset to default whenever they launch the game. This includes rescaling the HUD and adjusting the brightness."

Not only does it not save manually, it also stoped saving automatically for me on monday (02/01/23). It shows the mark of the "autosave" but when I go to "load game" there is no new file there...

Tried all possible tips and tricks: erased some autosave slots to free up some space, cleared the cache by unplugging the console a few minutes after turning it off... The only change was that now the title screen is the one from Hearts of Stone instead of the one from Blood and Wine.
Autosave still doesn't work.
Manual save doesn't either.

Top Bottom