Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone else close to tears when
Geralt found Ciri in the Isle of Mists?
It wasn't a bad scene, but I found it a bit too cheesy to be honest -
especially with Geralt and Ciri running towards each other (meh), and the whole thing with the resurrection was quite predictable.

That's rather a bit of a non-standard limerick. I'll have a go, just for fun:

As on this subject some don't catch the reference,
Others should show them some deference,
For they've not yet approached
Where this topic's been broached,
Which has caused the others such sufferance.

Last edited:
Was anyone else close to tears when
Geralt found Ciri in the Isle of Mists?

Because I sure was. Was barely able to hold back the tears. First time any game has done that to me. I think the emotional charge in the scene was even more intense since I
didn't want Dudu to show Geralt how Ciri looked like earlier in Novigrad so it was the first time he'd seen her in years.

Manly tears were shed, the dam of feels was open.
One of the most powerful moments, I've witnessed. Even with you knowing deep inside she
can't really be dead

After the uplifting moments of Kaer Morhen, and even on the Island with Seven Dwarfs, being ridiculous, you get thrown from the cliff into misery. I found that writing gimmick used in whole game all the time - and it's so effective.

I decided to cancel my third playthrough because it was starting to be too much like my second, and do something different.

So I'm only doing main quests, secondary quests that I know affect the ending, and witcher contracts. Anything else, I'm riding past them or just ignoring it. If bandits are in front of me on the road, I fight (and loot), otherwise I ride past. No new villages, no diving for sunken treasure, no rescuing of people in distress. Total focus on my job and quest.

This is a totally different game. I'm permanently short of money, I'm struggling to get the crafting materials I need for any form of upgrade or alchemy item, It's FUN!

They look so much alike. :lol:

I decided to cancel my third playthrough because it was starting to be too much like my second, and do something different.

So I'm only doing main quests, secondary quests that I know affect the ending, and witcher contracts. Anything else, I'm riding past them or just ignoring it. If bandits are in front of me on the road, I fight (and loot), otherwise I ride past. No new villages, no diving for sunken treasure, no rescuing of people in distress. Total focus on my job and quest.

This is a totally different game. I'm permanently short of money, I'm struggling to get the crafting materials I need for any form of upgrade or alchemy item, It's FUN!
I dunno, that sounds tough. I'll have a hard time ignoring so many things.

Though I worry that in my future playthroughs (gonna wait a long while, at least until the expansions are both out) I'll still play pretty much the same, because I'm such a softie, there are some things I won't be able to do otherwise. Perhaps even many things.

I usually replay a good game a lot of times, but I'm having problems with TW3. Second playthrough was straightforward - I'd not gone for "completionist" the first time, so second did that. Explore everywhere.

But by the third? It is getting difficult.

But in terms of hours, I've already more than got my money's worth, :)

Ah, excellent. This is the thread I have been looking for. Sweet lovin' for Witcher 3.
Well, I fucking loved it. Of all the Witcher games this one hit me in the feels the most. There were so many moments where I was just astonished, had a big smile on my face or was really sad about something that had happened.
I fucking broke when Ciri was 'dead' on the Isle of Mists. For a minute I really thought I had failed. And then the Battle at Kaer Morhen happened, which has to be one of the most epic moments I experienced in a game ever. It was so good!
There are so many more moments I could talk about. Priscilla's song, the return of Thaler, hearing what happened to Kalkstein (I started fucking cheering when he was mentioned, then fell into despair), the letter from Alvin... My only real gripe is that the story at the end felt rushed. Eredin turned out to be a disappointing antagonist, and there was a clear lack of interaction with the sorceresses, and especially Triss if you romanced her.
The game could really have used a longer epilogue. Oh, and Iorveth and Saskia better show up in one of the expansions.

And sadly it's not in the OST. CDPR really needs to release a complete OST one of these days.

This amazing track isn't on the soundtrack either I think. One of my favorites:

If there's 2 things I hate in this game it's drowners, and even more drowners. Seriously in TW1 and 2 you could slaughter them easily but in this game they are martial artists and fucking gods.

Drowners I can deal with. But wolves, oh my god. I fucking hate wolves. These fuckers are tougher to fight than any other monster. And it doesn't help that you got to fight like 20 of them when you're playing as Ciri.

Last edited:
Though I worry that in my future playthroughs (gonna wait a long while, at least until the expansions are both out) I'll still play pretty much the same, because I'm such a softie, there are some things I won't be able to do otherwise. Perhaps even many things.
I have the same problem, some choices are just wrong... :D
But f.e. in my second playthrough I decided to not use axii in dialogs, and sometimes it's more interesting this way...

The game could really have used a longer epilogue. .
True that.

Am I remembering it poorly? I recall during the interviews reading that there were three different epilogues (true)... of an hour each? Am I imagining that?

I love TW3, but in the same breath, it's also the game that taught me in a negative manner there's no point following development and interviews, I'm sorry to say. I felt a similar disappointment about the monster variation.

I doubt there'll be a game again that I'll follow this closely in the future. Both because it's exhausting (seriously, the past year and a half has been about The Witcher in every spare moment, drooling at the release of any new piece of information), and because you find out the hard way how many things might turn out wrong or exaggerated.

Drowners I can deal with. But wolves, oh my god. I fucking hate wolves. These fuckers are tougher to fight than any other monster. And it doesn't help that you got to fight like 20 of them when you're playing as Ciri.

Really? I love wolves. They're probably my favourite food source after honeycombs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom