Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still not finished with the game -- I haven't had that much time. However, I've only come across a few little -- mostly graphics -- glitches, too, so far. Usually, reloading a save corrects them.
From my experience, when speaking about bugs and technical problems, W3 is perfect....Most recent open world rpg's were unplayable for me at release...I was waiting for Nexus community to fix them :D

Game was bloody amazing, CDPR has raised the standard for not only RPG's but all games :yes

8 houses and 16 NPC's in a "city" does not cut it anymore -.-

I found the main story to be a bit lackluster, however for the most part it's completely subjective, i was never fond of Ciri in the books and so having an entire game about her is just not for me.
Also The Wild Hunt and Eredin especially being reduced to bad guys in badass armor was a bit of a dissapointment :/

A thing i would like to point out that i loved that seems to have been met with mixed reactions is Skellige, i absolutely love it there, provides a perfect break from the wartorn marches of velen and the brutal witch hunt in Novigrad.
Just sailing about, enjoying the amazing soundtrack whilst doing witcher work is an amazing feeling.

My game CTD alot in the beginning but after patch 1.03 i think? it stopped, in terms of bugs i did not encounter anything major either.

I have to stop playing while I'm drop dead drunk.

That's not a bug. It's by design.

OK, so I'm curious, as you're all long-timers on the forums. Before the game came out, lots of people declared how they intended to play - completionist or not, what decisions they'd make, whether or not they'd turn off quest markers, build.

How many of you stuck with your plan?

I stuck to my original plan of taking side quests when I came across them, but not exploring everywhere looking for them. But I totally changed my plan to go for a swordsman build (went for magic), and I also ended up jumping around the map picking quests by "what level is it?" rather than "is it nearby?"

Last edited:
Hello everybody! (O_O )_// Hope I am not intruding, stumbled on this thread from Dragonbirds profile (shhhh I am not a stalker, I swear!) Ha-Ha!! Found it to be full interesting people conversing on intriguing topics that I could not help but partake in though what I wanted add is nothing special, just that I feel the same way!! Its refreshing to find others who feel the same about the game as I do. Yahoooooo!!!

A thing i would like to point out that i loved that seems to have been met with mixed reactions is Skellige, i absolutely love it there, provides a perfect break from the wartorn marches of velen and the brutal witch hunt in Novigrad.
Just sailing about, enjoying the amazing soundtrack whilst doing witcher work is an amazing feeling.

I couldnt agree more! I loved how the game environments progressed and really enjoy playing in Skellige, sailing the seas, finding treasure and helping out the locals. Main story is decent but its all the side questing/exploration that has me infatuated with this game. Can't wait to see what the future brings us! Ha-Ha!! (^ _ - )

From my experience, when speaking about bugs and technical problems, W3 is perfect....Most recent open world rpg's were unplayable for me at release...I was waiting for Nexus community to fix them

Absolutely! I have had very few issues with the game since release, compared to other games like Fallout 3, Diablo 3, Battlefield 4 or the game that takes the cake for bad release (my opinion) was PS4's DriveClub. I have been flamed pretty bad for stating this but I feel its the truth. Game is a success in every way in my mind considering everything. Yes, there is bugs and I am not denying this but overall its amazing and has me enthralled like I haven't been in years. Really can't say enough good things about this game. Glad your enjoying it too friend!

Thanks!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day/night and slaying lots of monsters, making some crowns and putting some smiles on the faces of locals! Take care fellow Witchers!!

I'm a bit confused since I don't remember which saved game I imported. Anything might happen I suppose.

I have found a few glitches and bugs but nothing too bad. Other than that the game is amazing from a video gaming standpoint, but... there are some issues that in my opinion prevent it from being as great an RPG as it could have been. The most obvious one, being that absolutely all talents are combat related. And not enough dialogue choices to represent what I want to say sometimes. Nonetheless this is one of the best things I've played, ever.

OK, so I'm curious, as you're all long-timers on the forums. Before the game came out, lots of people declared how they intended to play - completionist or not, what decisions they'd make, whether or not they'd turn off quest markers, build.

I planned more playthroughs from the start. The first one focused on main story, with those side quest which Geralt will take on the way, without knowing consequences of hist actions. Second one will be more sandbox experience, where I will be more focused on contracts and side quests (it will be easier when I will know endings, now it's hard to stop myself from pursuing main quest :D )

Last edited:
Game was bloody amazing, CDPR has raised the standard for not only RPG's but all games :yes

8 houses and 16 NPC's in a "city" does not cut it anymore -.-

I found the main story to be a bit lackluster, however for the most part it's completely subjective, i was never fond of Ciri in the books and so having an entire game about her is just not for me.
Also The Wild Hunt and Eredin especially being reduced to bad guys in badass armor was a bit of a dissapointment :/

To be fair, those problems can be blamed on original source material and Sapkowski himself. Eredin & CO were established as nothing more then extremely racist, genocidal, interdimensional conquerors in the books, so there was not much more for CDPR to work with. Entire story of the Saga also revolved around Ciri, as we can see if we try to break Geralt's plotline into a "main quests":

1. Take Ciri to Kaer Morhen.
2. Complete Ciri's training.
3. Take Ciri to Melitele Temple.
4. Track down the man looking for Ciri.
5. Thanned Coup: Find and save Ciri.
6. Go to Nilfgaard to look for Ciri.
7. Go to Caed Dhu to get informations about Ciri.
8. Go to Vilgefortz castle to save Ciri.

So yeah, It was quite obvious, when they announced that Ciri will return in The Witcher 3, that she would get a lot of focus.

. there are some issues that in my opinion prevent it from being as great an RPG as it could have been. The most obvious one, being that absolutely all talents are combat related.
Well, some dialog actions requires some points in Axii, but you are right. It's kind of understendable, as Geralt regained his memories and his personality is now stable, but some talents related to knowledge, tracking abilities etc would be nice.

Well, some dialog actions requires some points in Axii, but you are right. It's kind of understendable, as Geralt regained his memories and his personality is now stable, but some talents related to knowledge, tracking abilities etc would be nice.

Ay, they didn't really present these talents as developable abilities; however, I think the intention was to illustrate them more in quests, tracking, and other story-related demonstrations of Geralt's knowledge. That's not to say it was a perfect game-play choice, but, overall, I think they managed well enough. That said, the new skill tree is still a wee bit odd.

---------- Updated at 02:55 AM ----------

A very good question. I never actually forecast what 'build' I would use, nor any other rigid conditions for my role-playing, but, for the most part, so far, I've held to the very loose plan I had: to admire the scenery, subtle details, and explore the world to the fullest -- but there's still quite a bit to admire and explore! However, one thing has proven exactly as I predicted: I don't care much for Gwent. (Very sorry to those who adore it.) I'm giving it a fair chance, though, and play it as I go, but it has, thus far, utterly failed to impress or captivate me. I still miss Dice Poker. (I could write at some length on the subject of what I dislike about Gwent, but, out of consideration for others, I simply won't.)

Last edited:
To be fair, those problems can be blamed on original source material and Sapkowski himself. Eredin & CO were established as nothing more then extremely racist, genocidal, interdimensional conquerors in the books, so there was not much more for CDPR to work with.
Yes...
But, Eredin is the guy who called Cirilla "pearl in the pile of compost" or something like that, and after that gave her flower with words "sorry for harsh words, luned"...And our beautiful Princess almost fell in love :D

Geralt encountered him several times in W1, and he has interesting things to say...Kidnaping Yen, Geralt being part of Dearg Ruadhri...
And in W3, famous Eredin Bréacc Glas, badass Aen Elle from Tir ná Lia, is reduced to what....Three sentences? Missed opportunity, imho...

Hell, he was much more talkative even in trailers :D :D

My original plan was to play on normal, blind about decisions and such, make decisions I believed Geralt would make (unless I didn't know what he would do) not fast travel and not use the minimap and such.

I played on normal (probably could have done hard honestly).

I succeeded at playing blind (except for obviously the stuff that was spoiled before release).

I did things as I thought Geralt would do.
Which led to dead Orphans but living Baron, dead Whoreson, Kiera riding off into the sunset with Lambert, Saving the mages in Novigrad and saying farewell to Triss (after kissing her at the masquerade), Cerys in charge of Skellidge, Radovid being King of the Northern Realms, Emhyr dead, Geralt with Yen, and Ciri learning to be a Witcheress from Geralt before going off on her own.

I was 99.9% successful on the no fast travel rule.
I broke it only once really when I forgot to pick up the tools for Fergus' armor quest while doing the quest to help Hajlmar with the Ice Giant. I got to another island and realized I forgot to get them. I quickly fast traveled back to pick up the tools. I felt dirty but I was not sailing back to Undvik to pick up tools and then sailing back to where I needed to be. Oh and I also obviously used it when traveling back to the Continent after the first trip to Skellidge to get Uma.

I probably followed the No Minimap Rule 85% of the time. There were multiple quests where I switched on the little extra help and was not too proud to use it - the first time I broke the rule was during Wild at Heart when I was having trouble finding the cabin with the witcher senses. I tried to use it as little as possible, but I'd rather cheat my own made up rules than get super frustrated at a game that has ways to help me when I need it.

I haven´t found any bugs so far (playing it on my PS4). A couple of glitches, such as Roach appearing inside houses when called, or Keira stuck climbing a ledge during Wandering in the Dark, but that´s it.

Regarding my plans for the game, I didn´t have any fixed schedule.
In open world games I usually go from one main quest to the next, doing side quests nearby one main quest site before going to the next one. And that´s kind of how I´m playing TW3 as well.

Yes...
But, Eredin is the guy who called Cirilla "pearl in the pile of compost" or something like that, and after that gave her flower with words "sorry for harsh words, luned"...And our beautiful Princess almost fell in love :D

If I remember correctly, Avallac'h was the one who called her "pearl in the pile of compost".

Damn, Vilgefortz was so amazing antagonist, with him games would be even more interesting

He was interesting at first, but in later books Sapkowski kinda ruined him by turning him into a drooling Bond villain with a very generic goal.

If I remember correctly, Avallac'h was the one who called her "pearl in the pile of compost".
Lady of the Lake, serbian edition, page 171:
"There is something valuable, something beautiful in this little Dh'oin. I notice that. And I have the impression that I've seen a nugget of gold in the pile of compost."

My translation sucks, but it is Eredin :)
But yes, I think even Avallac'h used similar words to describe her...Just don't remember which one and where...

I haven´t found any bugs so far (playing it on my PS4). A couple of glitches, such as Roach appearing inside houses when called,

I love fighting bandits from horseback, but discovered that sometimes the environment wasn't quite suitable...

Attachments

• witcher3 2015-06-03 19-15-28-11.jpg
    witcher3 2015-06-03 19-15-28-11.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 97
Blame the mamunes...They prevent drunk gamers to stop playing. :D

That's not a bug. It's by design.

THE TRUTH COMES OUT

I stuck to my original plan of taking side quests when I came across them, but not exploring everywhere looking for them. But I totally changed my plan to go for a swordsman build (went for magic), and I also ended up jumping around the map picking quests by "what level is it?" rather than "is it nearby?"

I found myself questing by level rather than what was closest, that I hadn't planned. I knew I was going to invest more in my signs than anything, but I will say I use Axii more than I thought I would. I think it might be my favorite sign right now. I also planned on being one of those completion-ists who did every quest and searched every area possible, literally, on my first play through... I would still like to do that, but I have very limited time frames I can actually sit down and binge some Witcher... So, we'll see. I really want to experience the main story line, and I don't want to end up spoiling things for myself, but when I'm not gaming the Witcher I want to go read about it or watch youtubes about it.

EDIT

My metal armor... It rusted in the rain. I literally had to leave game just to post about how awesome that is.

Also reminded me I have a spear that needs taken care of... Didn't rust when I remembered to cover it in bacon grease... Can't wait til the next Ren Faire...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom