Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realised to-day that I've not yet seen this character anywhere in the game (at least, I don't think so):

Has anyone else encountered her? No need for spoilers, as, if she's out there, I imagine I'll eventually meet her in a future play-through. I'm just curious if anybody has already.

She's part of a minor side quest in Velen, think you get it from a redanian soldier.

Speaking of Stella Splendens.
The flute at 5:21 is bloody amazing.

Lovely! Very good for contemplation.

---------- Updated at 10:10 AM ----------

She's part of a minor side quest in Velen, think you get it from a redanian soldier.

Ah. I'll have to look into that again. Perhaps I did meet her after all --
a supply caravan attacked by 'monsters', wasn't it?

Last edited:
She's not the same, her armor is different, her hair is not the same and her face is also different.
Could she was just redesigned or something.

She's not the same, her armor is different, her hair is not the same and her face is also different.
Could she was just redesigned or something.

Ah, how very intriguing. The search may now continue. . . .

---------- Updated at 11:19 PM ----------

In other news, I found this likewise intriguing letter from a late duo of our acquaintance. The results of the process described could prove highly . . . awkward, if successful:

Attachments

• Note 1.jpg
    Note 1.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Note 3.jpg
    Note 3.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 69
Don't get me wrong. Thea alternative costume of DLCs are beautiful designs but.... It's on me or CDPR is falling absolutly in a fanservice with them?

I rather think that they are models that were discarted in a first time from the game, and now give a chance for showing this kind of creativity from CDPR's team....

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong. Thea alternative costume of DLCs are beautiful designs but.... It's on me or CDPR is falling absolutly in a fanservice with them?

I rather think that they are models that were discarted in a first time from the game, and now give a chance for showing this kind of creativity from CDPR's team....

Very possibly. They seem like they were made with the Yen and Triss Teams in mind. Whether everyone on those teams entirely approves of them, however, is another story. . . . Triss' new ensemble is a bit, shall we say, extravagant? The sapphire brooch in her hair is very charming, though.

I usually love CD Projekt RED's design, but that Ciri Oufit is horrible............Impractical,JRPG looking and overly sexual design........it has a chainmail bra damnit <_<

I knew about this DLC from release since information about it was in the INI files and i sincerely hoped it would be a full witcher armor in the style of Geralt's.

There is a thread about this DLC for Ciri appeared for xBoX but seems to bes retired.

Ay, I noticed the XBoxers were commenting on her new look over there. Now that I've seen it myself, I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It is rather unusual, but looks a trifle more practical than her original outfit (both are laughable for any consideration of defence). They might have kept the old belt, though.

Me too.

All 3 dresses looks gorgeous but totally outfit. Well, armors designs are not very fitter, really.

---------- Updated at 10:12 AM ----------

Ay, I noticed the XBoxers were commenting on her new look over there. Now that I've seen it myself, I'm not sure what to make of it yet. It is rather unusual, but looks a trifle more practical than her original outfit (both are laughable for any consideration of defence). They might have kept the old belt, though.

I'll finally think that these guys need to learn how an active woman dress and shoe ;)

Me too.

All 3 dresses looks gorgeous but totally outfit. Well, armors designs are not very fitter, really.

---------- Updated at 10:12 AM ----------

I'll finally think that these guys need to learn how an active woman dress and shoe ;)

Before we get too upset, I think we should pause to remind ourselves that it is indeed fantasy, so to hold them to practical standards of realism is a bit absurd. While these garments may appear to defy sensible dress (which they do), there are many other aspects of the game which don't conform to reality at all either. (And there are even some points which don't even conform to the laws of 'reality', as dictated by the fantasy of the game's lore.) In any event, the alternative looks are artistic expressions, and we can appreciated them with an artistic regard, rather than with the soldier's eye of functionality.

In addition, when compared with some of the frankly outlandishly ridiculous outfits and costumes in other popular games of the recent past -- not to mention the weapons! -- the styles in The Witcher III look much more plausible. Perhaps therein lies the fault. . . .

Last edited:
Before we get too upset, I think we should pause to remind ourselves that it is indeed fantasy, so to hold them to practical standards of realism is a bit absurd. While these garments may appear to defy sensible dress (which they do), there are many other aspects of the game which don't conform to reality at all either. (And there are even some points which don't even conform to the laws of 'reality', as dictated by the fantasy of the game's lore.) In any event, the alternative looks are artistic expressions, and we can appreciated them with an artistic regard, rather than with the soldier's eye of functionality.

In addition, when compared with some of the frankly outlandishly ridiculous outfits and costumes in other popular games of the recent past -- not to mention the weapons! -- the styles in The Witcher III look much more plausible. Perhaps therein lies the fault. . . .

Yes, you're right but It's hard to me after reading the books. With designs like this it's easy to say CDPR sexualize woman look. It's like something was lost in the road... I could accept Triss' dress in TW1, even it I didn't like it. It wasn't so... outfit for a sorceress who were playhing her performance among high society, as in TW2 when she was wear for battle camps. The DLC dress look very ridiculous if you let her wearing it in the sewers or in Kaer Morhen. You see what I mean?

Mature = coherence and the witcher world has this kind of mature... or it might.

You see what I mean?

Ay, and I agree. It's rather hard to accept their . . . let's say, insensitive fashion choices, when compared to the mental images we may have from reading the books, or our personal practical knowledge of the subject. This can become more difficult, since the Team has managed to realise so many other aspects of the Witcher's World so well in their games, thus this little slip seems to go against the grain, as it were. I also noticed the potential supporting evidence which the alternative costumes could lend to the 'games sexualising female characters' debate. I'll pass no judgement on whether it is the case here, as it's a subject which brings only misery, wrath, and discord, whenever broached! For these reasons, I prefer to regard the new visions of the characters purely artistically, rather than politically or technically. (I've been critical very often in my past, but have recently become rather weary of the apparent futility of my analytic efforts. That's not to say I no longer care, but rather I now pick my battles with much greater reserve, as some topics are not really worth the trouble.)

In other unrelated gloomy news:
I finished the Battle of Kaer Morhen, and was very disappointed that they chose so foreseeable a demise for Vesemir! Sometimes adherence to the story-telling formula of 'the mentor must perish, so that the apprentice may grow' produces some rather unsatisfactory results. I expected his death even before the game was released, just by looking at how they re-imagined Vesemir's appearance, and that made my disappointment even keener when I finally saw I'd been correct. It was just too damned predictable! Their writers lose a mark for that.

Last edited:
@RivenII Yeah it was kinda foreseeable, but in my case there was a big emotional hit.

I restarted my adventure about a week ago, and I finally reached Velen once again. I so love that place. Right now, my entire playthrough is on Blood and Broken Bones, and it is hard for start. I barely have repaire equipment, and food, and ofc I have so little money.

I also finished the new quest with my old save. Well, it was a bit shorter, but I like it anyways. I wonder what you will choose.
I spared the witcher because they wanted to kill him, and I have the same temper as him, I would kill all of them if I were him. Geralt is also no saint.

Also agreed with @volsung about the starting witcher gear. It is so iconic from the start and you can barely use it. It is only have one upgrade and it is extends its usage a bit more. I would like to see some upgrades to that armour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom