Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the are som few differents Geralt's comments about pitchfork. What I like it's stand up and watch any NPC in its routine. Sometimes I'm dying of laugh.

And, BTW, I defitnively give up! IT's the third time I try to reach My first step on Novigrad with a level 10-11 but If I do the Baron's Quests, Keira's quest and Crones' quest (the three main quests of level 6) I finish always over 13.... What do I do wrong?

Last edited:
Dunno. Did those three from level 5, and ended at level 10. I wasn't doing as many hunt & fix quests, nor too much gwent along the way. (Those seem to be largely 'level neutral', so I'm going to leave them until a bit later.

Currently mopping up some level 9-11 quests in Novigrad & Velen before briefly moving to Skellige "following the thread", while at level 13.

@RivenII Yeah it was kinda foreseeable, but in my case there was a big emotional hit.

I restarted my adventure about a week ago, and I finally reached Velen once again. I so love that place. Right now, my entire playthrough is on Blood and Broken Bones, and it is hard for start. I barely have repaire equipment, and food, and ofc I have so little money.

I also finished the new quest with my old save. Well, it was a bit shorter, but I like it anyways. I wonder what you will choose.
I spared the witcher because they wanted to kill him, and I have the same temper as him, I would kill all of them if I were him. Geralt is also no saint.

Also agreed with @volsung about the starting witcher gear. It is so iconic from the start and you can barely use it. It is only have one upgrade and it is extends its usage a bit more. I would like to see some upgrades to that armour.

Ay, their portrayal of it was indeed very affecting, and it had its own virtues from a narrative perspective. That's why I only deduct a single mark off their score.

I'll be starting my second play-through probably later this year -- maybe even as late as the first Expansion -- as I'll be working rather hard for the rest of the summer. I'm playing on Story and Sword, now, so I'll try Blood and Broken Bones then. I doubt I'll ever attempt Death March, though, as it's not really my style, and the aggravation of the difficulty in the lower levels would irk me too much. However, to further complicate matters, it'll also be my German play-through, as I've played only in English so far in this game; whereas I played the other two in both languages.

As to the new quest:
I wasn't terribly satisfied with the quite narrow choices they offered us -- and that's been true for a number of other quests. Ultimately, though, I let him live, too, as I didn't feel his death solved much, rather like the Letho situation. Although I think greater chastisement could have been a wee bit better. I might even go so far as to suggest he should have cared for the girl, but I suppose that would be too problematic from her perspective, and his. I think this could have been much more interesting, as a twist of fate. The note in this hideout also validated my decision, in a small way. However, it was definitely one of 'the lesser evil' situations, where no choice is even going to sit comfortably with my 'in-game conscience.'

However, allow me to end on a lighter note: It seems the king left Oxenfurt Harbour in such a hurry, he forgot something. . .

Attachments

• Have a seat.jpg
    Have a seat.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
What do you think about the swords in general in TW3?
Personally, I really love most of the silver sword degsins, on the other hand the witcher steel swords are looks like a bit generic. The non witcher steel swords on the other hand are awesome. Harvall is one of my favourites.

However, allow me to end on a lighter note: It seems the king left Oxenfurt Harbour in such a hurry, he forgot something. . .
That chair have a purpose...Blinky is resting on it between time-travels...

Personally, I really love most of the silver sword degsins, on the other hand the witcher steel swords are looks like a bit generic. The non witcher steel swords on the other hand are awesome. Harvall is one of my favourites.
Yes, silver swords are better looking and much more diverse - as far as I could notice...

But I admit - Aerondight is the only sword I really cared about...Special gift from special person after completing special quest.

Oh, shit, that sword would deserved an re-appareance once again. I thought that I missed some interesting quest :p.
Sidenote: I never used the Moonblade in TW1, Aerondight was my love all the time.
Aerondight is definition of epic/relic sword :yes

I found Moonblade somewhere in Velen...Don't remember where exactly, tbh...Too much loot in huge world :D

Last edited:

I found Moonblade somewhere in Velen...Don't remember where exactly, tbh...Too much loot in huge world :D

I found it multiple times with different stats, I used it for a while.
Just a side note, some of the elven swords, or sabres, scimitars are based on the ancient hungarian scimitars. Not all of them looks identical, but some of them :D
View attachment 17959

Attachments

• 5451_sz07-7.jpg
    5451_sz07-7.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 46

I've been generally happy with the swords' styles, from what I can see, that is. I've had some difficulty getting the camera in a consistent position where I can admire the blades. However, most of them -- and there are a lot! -- are realistic, practical weapons, finely rendered. I've no particular favourite, though, for, I am of the same opinion that,
Aerondight is the only sword I really cared about...Special gift from special person after completing special quest.
and

I've also found a couple Moonblades and even a pair of Forgotten Vran Swords, but I, too,
never used the Moonblade in TW1, Aerondight was my love all the time.

I, as a member of Her devoted knights, await the reforging of the Lady's Gift! I still strive to uphold the oath She pronounced with her accolade:

Last edited:
On a quest where you need to pick up some herb from a cave at Velen.. There are bloody corpses at the cave entrance and one white rabbit jumping around them. That rabbit cannot be killed, I tested. Has to be an easteregg ala Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Anyone? ? ? ! !

Should have tried a bomb.. since that would've be the closest thing to a holy hand grenade, damit

Just go for the Sword that's best looking and fuck the stats, they are just numbers anyway :laughing:

I do agree with Ljesnjanin about the Swords though, also the fact that you find swords like Aerondight and Vran Sword left right and centre makes everything you went through in the previous games feel pointless :/

I do agree with Ljesnjanin about the Swords though, also the fact that you find swords like Aerondight and Vran Sword left right and centre makes everything you went through in the previous games feel pointless :/
Yeah...

I remember somebody gave me (or I found it?) Gnomish Gwyhyr diagram...According to Percival Schuttenbach, best swords in the world and almost impossible to find outside Mahakam or Tir Tochair...But level req was 35 or 40...So, Geralt - living legend, best swordsman in the world, cannot use best sword in the world...

Even Blinky uses Gwyhyr, for Melitele's sake :wallbash:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom