Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
B) Eredin was turned into a two dimensional villain who only spoke about 10 lines throughout the game. Barely any mention of Geralt being part of the hunt.
Imagine me seeing that while being a huge Eredin fan.

More or less this:

What? Nobody notice the busy couple of Snow hares under the Keira's bath?

Best sex in the game.

Anyway, to lighten the mood slightly, I got some really funny quests in the last few hours.
The Oxenfurt Drunk, and the sheer delight of hearing Doug Cockle sing.
The Dragon Contract, and the sheer delight of chasing a sheep half way around an island. It was even funnier than rescuing the Princess.
The DRM quest.

Last edited:
Hopefully they do an enhanced edition that makes the final 25% an 8.5+/10, but after the expansions, damn expansions ... I want the base game to be nearly perfect, damnit
Hopefully.
I felt weird after first playthrough...
Ok, i don't like new alchemy system or inventory - but I can live with that...
But after Bloody baron questline, which is the finest writing I've seen in video games for ages, certain parts of W3 main story are underwhelming...

Anyway, let's avoid spoilers...You know what I mean, I'm sure ;)

Last edited:
Best sex in the game.
I laughed so much at that.

Anyway, to lighten the mood slightly, I got some really funny quests in the last few hours.
The Oxenfurt Drunk, and the sheer delight of hearing Doug Cockle sing.
The Dragon Contract, and the sheer delight of chasing a sheep half way around an island. It was even funnier than rescuing the Princess.
The DRM quest.
Haha these were some of the funniest quests in the game. It actually took me more time with the sheep to go in the right direction than with the dragon fight.

And drunk Geralt singing was awesome, lol. As the Gottfriend's book.

Yeah, i was wondering what do you think about new Eredin...
Ugly one-liner villain in Aen Elle equivalent of power armor....Damn.
Esthetic thought:
he was ugly, really, ugly, I mean I imagined him completely different. Not that in the books he was the best looking elf in the world but, to be clear, the artwork in World of the Witcher book or in the Artbook was perfect, imho. Sadly it was not the same ingame.

Character development thought
I think that everyone would have liked more dialogues, more background story and yes a more interesting fight with him. Barely 2 lines of dialogues, and one of them almost leads to a plot twist with Avallac'h, which didn't happen, and then he dies.

Do I look happy to you? After that great opening in Geralt's nightmare? :-

About you
How's your sorrow for Fringilla?

Agreed.
Posted several times already, but I imagined him like this:

Agreed.

I expected more than "Nice to see you." and "Looking good.", but there is hope for Toussaint expansion...But she looks perfect in game, I admit that. :)
That is a good way to imagine him. I also like this depiction very much.

But as I said, official artwork is awesome. I'll say I like these 3 pics.

She told you that? Why he said to me something like "You should know that my problems are not your concern anymore" :rofl: Agree, she was well portrayed, estetically. Yeah I hope for Toussaint expansion too.

I also like this depiction very much.
Good...What the hell happened to charismatic Elf Blinky (thanks for this, @RivenII) almost fell in love with? :D
She told you that? Why he said to me something like "You should know that my problems are not your concern anymore" Agree, she was well portrayed, estetically. Yeah I hope for Toussaint expansion too.
Yes, she said that to me..."Nice to see you." and "Looking good." are dialogue options for Geralt, that's what I mean...

Last edited:
Good...What the hell happened to charismatic Elf Blinky (thanks for this, Rivenll) almost fell in love with? :D
And what happened to his tongue? Why doesn't he speak anymore like in the books or in TW1?

She, she, I'm sorry.

Agreed.
Posted several times already, but I imagined him like this:

They had this as their artwork of him in the Witcher 3 artbook ffs ...

Goddamnit, they had the best goddamn writing until the time came to write Eredin and Radovid .... Wonder why they decided to make them as simple as possible? To make things simpler for newcomers? Why is that a good idea in the first place?

Yeah..........Eredin was one of the most charismatic characters in the books and to see him get reduced to "Bad guy in armor" was dissapointing, but to be honest i thought the entire Wild Hunt was extremely simplified :/

But i must say i thought Imlerith especially was very good twist of the classical Elf characters even the elfs in The Witcher universe :yes

Not story wise but all of you KB+M folks, which keys did you map Roll and Dodge to?
I mapped it to Mouse 5 which was surprisingly comfortable.

Eredin before : "My apologies. For a reckless word. Va faill, luned."
Eredin now: "I will kill you all."

Yes, he is a bastard...But eloquent and charismatic bastard :D
:rofl:

Yes, that's why I liked him. And it took only one chapter.

Goddamnit, they had the best goddamn writing until the time came to write Eredin and Radovid .... Wonder why they decided to make them as simple as possible? To make things simpler for newcomers? Why is that a good idea in the first place?
Arrrrr you nailed it. I think however there are more things made simplier...
Most of Act III basically.

Yeah..........Eredin was one of the most charismatic characters in the books and to see him get reduced to "Bad guy in armor" was dissapointing, but to be honest i thought the entire Wild Hunt was extremely simplified :/

But i must say i thought Imlerith especially was very good twist of the classical Elf characters even the elfs in The Witcher universe :yes
I agree.

I can understand the Radovid's mental disorder. His grandfather and his father were in the border line of psychopathy. At least, all of the real families suffer the results of the endogamy. But Eredin, well, you're both right. He is an old Elf, and when I say old I mean genuine, from that people of the awesome architeture, lovely art and deep knowledge. To rude for my taste.

And Avallach' never hide his contemp for humans, the Elven Lara's dignity rapists! And BTW, no one word about human slavery :(

Last edited:

For Radovid, they had to stick closer to the books in order to make a certain events (that were already foreshadowed in the final novel) happen and his short appearance in the Lady of the Lake left no doubts that he was a bastard. In the previous games there were moments when he displayed his petty nature, but in the final game he just completely snapped due to all the pressure, sacrifices and paranoia he suffered through.

It's actually pretty funny to see a disparity between polish and international forum on the matter. People on the former where first introduced to Radovid via books, so since he appeared in the games, people basically awaited him finally going crazy and showing his true colors. People in the international forum knew him mostly from the games and read the books later, so they used to a certain image of Radovid, that was completely destroyed in this game. It makes me think that it was somewhat intentional on the RED's part to make him kinda likable in the first two games and then show what kind of jerk he truly is to make his actions more shocking.

So my final word on the subject is that you may not like this approach, but in my opinion it was just necessary for the sake of staying true to the story depicted in the original books.

About Eredin, I always saw him as a nothing more then manipulative jerk, so I didn't really care about him.

RE: Eredin - Ciri - Avallach

Character development thought

I think that everyone would have liked more dialogues, more background story and yes a more interesting fight with him. Barely 2 lines of dialogues, and one of them almost leads to a plot twist with Avallac'h, which didn't happen, and then he dies.

Do I look happy to you? After that great opening in Geralt's nightmare?

I've probably said it ten times now over the TW3 subforum. Ge'el's dream with Corinne at the end of "Through Time and Space" would have greatly benefited from being told through Ciri's eyes as a linear flashback mission that retells many of the events of Chapter 5 in "The Lady of the Lake" - when she was in Tir na Lia. Would have given soooo much context to the whole history between Ciri and the Wild Hunt and it would have also served as showing Ge'el what really happened to the King in a more narrative fashion. Granted it would add a 30 minute or so linear mission into the game. But I would have still liked to have seen it.

Just one man's opinion.

Now we are talking about people and art... who, in CDPR is a Prince's fan? Peasants and soldiers sing Purple Rain, Purple Rain lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom