Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
For Radovid, they had to stick closer to the books in order to make a certain events (that were already foreshadowed in the final novel) happen and his short appearance in the Lady of the Lake left no doubts that he was a bastard. In the previous games there were moments when he displayed his petty nature, but in the final game he just completely snapped due to all the pressure, sacrifices and paranoia he suffered through.

It's actually pretty funny to see a disparity between polish and international forum on the matter. People on the former where first introduced to Radovid via books, so since he appeared in the games, people basically awaited him finally going crazy and showing his true colors. People in the international forum knew him mostly from the games and read the books later, so they used to a certain image of Radovid, that was completely destroyed in this game. It makes me think that it was somewhat intentional on the RED's part to make him kinda likable in the first two games and then show what kind of jerk he truly is to make his actions more shocking.

So my final word on the subject is that you may not like this approach, but in my opinion it was just necessary for the sake of staying true to the story depicted in the original books.

About Eredin, I always saw him as a nothing more then manipulative jerk, so I didn't really care about him.

It's not that he suddenly became mad, but the fact that his "war genius" was never shown, also his damn chess scene was so badly written it did not make any sense, as for Eredin, he is a manipulative jerk, but the Witcher 3 Eredin is a joke.

RE: Eredin - Ciri - Avallach

I've probably said it ten times now over the TW3 subforum. Ge'el's dream with Corinne at the end of "Through Time and Space" would have greatly benefited from being told through Ciri's eyes as a linear flashback mission that retells many of the events of Chapter 5 in "The Lady of the Lake" - when she was in Tir na Lia. Would have given soooo much context to the whole history between Ciri and the Wild Hunt and it would have also served as showing Ge'el what really happened to the King in a more narrative fashion. Granted it would add a 30 minute or so linear mission into the game. But I would have still liked to have seen it.

Just one man's opinion.

I must say I expected exactly that from the oineromancy scene. You know, it would have been awesome, I was ready to jump in awe, and then... nope.

Last edited:
I must say I expected exactly that from the oineromancy scene. You know, it would have been awesome, I was ready to jump in awe, and then... nope.

Still have free 8 DLC to go ... come on CDPR! Make it happen! I'm sure it would be way to complicated to do at this point but man ... such a missed opportunity.

P.S. I would actually like two DLC Ciri missions in total the other being what she did while in the portal against the White Frost. I can dream right?

Last edited:
Technical comments: I am grateful CDPR finally figured out a way to reduce the saved game mess from TW and TW2. Overwritable autosaves and quicksaves, and separate manual saves are the way to go. Also they are very small files. But why couldn't they let us manage different playthroughs? This is a feature I've been expecting since the early days of TW2, in which I had to manually copy and classify my saves (upon completion) as "alchemy" or "swordsman". What if two people want to play on the same computer and do not use separate user accounts? Please add this in a future update: name your playthrough when you begin, and have the game create a separate folder for it.

Not story wise but all of you KB+M folks, which keys did you map Roll and Dodge to?
I mapped it to Mouse 5 which was surprisingly comfortable.

Roll M5,
Dodge KB-F,
Parry KB-R.
Jump KB-Q,
Sign KB-Tab,
Sense Wtr. MM
Sprint M7

Hang on, I'm I reading this thread right? Some of us don't like TW3!? I never expected to read such things! Then again, I never read all of the novels, so maybe that's my problem?

I love TW3. I think it's a masterpiece. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. There are a few things I would have done differently in hindsight. But I never would have been able to write a story this good in the first place. I think reading the novels makes the game better honestly.

I love TW3. I think it's a masterpiece. But that doesn't mean it's perfect. There are a few things I would have done differently in hindsight. But I never would have been able to write a story this good in the first place. I think reading the novels makes the game better honestly.

It's kind of difficult to read all the novels when only 3 are available and you can't find them in the shops. Also, I've never finished Baptism of Fire as it's just so dull (I'm going to get some hate for that, but that's just what I think).

They had this as their artwork of him in the Witcher 3 artbook ffs ...

Goddamnit, they had the best goddamn writing until the time came to write Eredin and Radovid .... Wonder why they decided to make them as simple as possible? To make things simpler for newcomers? Why is that a good idea in the first place?
I have to agree. Eredin was too simplified and frankly a pretty boring antagonist. Not at all like I remembered him from the books. A bit disappointing when you consider how awesome antagonist Letho was in The Witcher 2. One of the very few gripes I had with the game.

And I wished Skellige had had more meaningful game content. After I was done with the secondary quests and monster hunts (which there wasn't that much tbh compared to Velen/Novigrad), I didn't really see much point exploring the isles anymore.

But overall I still loved the game. And it was absolutely filled with quality content like no other open world game I've ever played before. It's easily one of the best games I've ever played. Perhaps even "the best" but I need to play the expansions and replay the game many times before I can be sure of it. And the myriad of bugs the game has need to be fixed as well..

I think reading the novels makes the game better honestly.
Absolutely. You just get so much more out of the experience if you've read the books.

Last edited:
Hang on, I'm I reading this thread right? Some of us don't like TW3!? I never expected to read such things! Then again, I never read all of the novels, so maybe that's my problem?

This is not hate on W3, it is pretty much the best game I have ever played, but it has stupid imperfections in important areas that piss you off when you see the rest of the game is so perfect.

Agreed, not only are most imperfections in the third act are fixed by the books' events (especially in the last book) but the story of W3 is pretty much almost entirely built on that particular book (Lady of the Lake).

Maybe I should stop playing the game until all the books are released in English then? Assuming I can read them of course...Damn translations....

Was anyone else close to tears when
Geralt found Ciri in the Isle of Mists?

Because I sure was. Was barely able to hold back the tears. First time any game has done that to me. I think the emotional charge in the scene was even more intense since I
didn't want Dudu to show Geralt how Ciri looked like earlier in Novigrad so it was the first time he'd seen her in years.

Last edited:
Was anyone else close to tears when
Geralt found Ciri in the Isle of Mists?

Because I sure was. Was barely able to hold back the tears. First time any game has done that to me. I think the emotional charge in the scene was even more intense since I
didn't want Dudu to show Geralt how Ciri looked like earlier in Novigrad so it was the first time he'd seen her in years.
Only close to tears? I started crying like a baby girl. :p

That scene is one of finest moment in the game. Having Geralt so broken, looking at his face for seconds and then seeing his gestures and his movements betraying his sorrow, you clearly understand he is very close to tears if he's not started crying yet.

And then... pure beauty. The flashback scene.

The music is also top notch.

Also, I've probably never laughed so much when playing a game like in the

Kaer Morhen "story arc" .

First the dialog between Geralt and Lambert

And when Geralt, Eskel and Lambert get drunk and mess around the keep:

[video=youtube;Jv-fDIgiVlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-fDIgiVlQ[/video]

Just absolutely golden stuff. I love this game.

---------- Updated at 10:06 PM ----------

Also, major respect to CDPR for including a sauna scene in the game and some Skelligers having Finnish names. :)

Kudos.

Also, I've probably never laughed so much when playing a game like in the

Kaer Morhen "story arc" .

First the dialog between Geralt and Lambert

And when Geralt, Eskel and Lambert get drunk and mess around the keep:

[video=youtube;Jv-fDIgiVlQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv-fDIgiVlQ[/video]

Just absolutely golden stuff. I love this game.

---------- Updated at 10:06 PM ----------

Also, major respect to CDPR for including a sauna scene in the game and some Skelligers having Finnish names. :)

Kudos.
"Lambert, you're a genius!" :rofl:

They were quite attractive though.

Last edited:
I love it, absolutely love it...As I said - Bloody Baron questline is one of the best experiences in 25 years of my gaming life...But that is the problem - Philip Strenger is much more developed and much better written character than Eredin is...And I expected CDP to expand upon book Eredin - just like they already did in W1 and W2...Fffs, Wild Hunt is in the fuckin' title of the game :D
Political background?...Ahhh...Less politics - OK, simplified politics - not OK....Especially after W2.

---------- Post merged on 11-06-2015 at 12:00 AM ----------

"Lambert, you're a genius!"
I want Lambert as main protagonist of Witcher 4. Period. :D

I think it's time for me to leave this thread before I get spoiled even more and can't play the game because of it. Curse my over-curiosity!

Last edited:
I can understand the Radovid's mental disorder. His grandfather and his father were in the border line of psychopathy.

The hints were already there in TW2, with Iorveth's comments about him calmly going to the summit after blinding Philippa, and with his little cameo in the EE if you allow the witch hunt. I guess they already knew what they were doing with him.

Apart from the obvious "Aaargh, what have they done to Radovid!", I think he was well-written as a guy going crazy. Nicely subtle most of the time.

Eredin, on the other hand...

@Alan989 - see you in the safety of the Bear. There's a drink waiting for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom