Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

Well, since i'm getting pissed off lately...
What everyone suggested in the beginning, yet didn't see anyone do it - either i missed it by any chance, or these were just empty words.
Anyway, here, talk about the game here and your experience as well here while enjoying a mug of virtual alcohol.
Funny i'm the one who opens it....
Mods, If you wish to close this thread anytime, be my guest.
It is not a replacement for The Hairy Bear, but it starts to be annoying for it was supposed to be an off topic thread....life and other stuff.
Since everyone is only talking about Witcher 3 at the moment, at least here it would be more legit...
Thanks Witchat for the name btw...

A sort of 'back room' of the Hairy Bear, where regulars can have a chat about the game, while avoiding the pressing crowds on the main Forum. Not a bad idea.

No real spoiler here, but, for myself, I'll comment that I had a jolly good laugh during the 'Wandering in the Dark' quest with Keira: I went off to explore on my own, and when I returned, I found she had sat down on a rock to wait! I enjoy simple little details like that!

Last edited:
@RivenII, I really like those details, they´re awesome. And I quite enjoyed the quest itself... exploring the ruins was fun, and I loved Keira as a companion.

Gotta say, though, the Bloody Baron is one hell of well-written character...

Those ruins seemed to go on for quite a time, and I kept finding new diagrams everywhere. It was jolly fun! I had a particularly good laugh at Keira's reaction to rats, and the experience you receive for dispatching them -- a joke on old RPG quests, perhaps?

As to the Baron, agreed: his personality is rather complex, and merits some consideration. He is a good reflexion of a very human character. He has his very definitely flaws, and serious failings, but he is not wholly without his moments of remorse and humanity. While I can't say I like him as a character, nor approve of his conduct, I do truly admire the thought that went into his creation.

Last edited:
Good idea! Surprisingly the Witcher 3 forums sub-section is really not a good place to talk about the game.

Bloody Baron quest is probably the best RPG quest line I've ever experienced. Saving the world and being "the Jesus" does nothing for me now, but something as simple as broken abusive household made me feel things I never thought I would experience by playing a video game. Especially, when... you know... you save the tree spirit.

Anyway, did the XP bug get you too, guys? How are you coping? Every green mission I do gives me no XP, which made me explore the map and do stuff like this. Got to survive somehow till the patch.

Especially, when... you know... you save the tree spirit.
Oh, ay! I made that choice, and rather regretted it later. But, I decided to press on, instead of reloading -- something to do different, next time I play.

Anyway, did the XP bug get you too, guys? How are you coping? Every green mission I do gives me no XP, which made me explore the map and do stuff like this. Got to survive somehow till the patch.

I've noticed people complaining about that, but I'm still receiving experience for green-marked quests. It's the grey ones that don't seem to yield anything. It really hasn't bothered my game, either way, though.

Yeah, there are great quests and excellently written characters - that was expected from CDP, we are used to it...

But I didn't expect underdeveloped and underwhelming Eredin...

Not everyone is affected it seems. I'm 80 hours into the game, level 21. I've read somewhere that doing all the grey quests will restore the XP awards in green quests, but nope. Not in my case. Right now, I'm just doing busywork - searching for treasure in Skellige, ticking off remaining question marks on the map etc. I guess I could just ignore the issue and trust @Marcin Momot that I won't be underleveled, but there is... just something wrong in doing quests when there is no XP reward at the end, heh.

Any bugs to share, perhaps? Roach is probably the dumbest bastard horse in the history of games :p

Anyway, here, talk about the game here and your experience as well here while enjoying a mug of virtual alcohol.

Merely a suggestion, but perhaps, since some of us will be discussing the game here, a 'potential spoilers' label might be a useful addition to the title, just so people are forewarned. I'll try to keep my comments vague enough, as others have done so far, but the caution in the title couldn't hurt, as some people have different opinions of what information constitutes a spoiler.

---------- Updated at 01:56 PM ----------

Any bugs to share, perhaps? Roach is probably the dumbest bastard horse in the history of games :p

Ay, that horse is a constant source of amusement! I like the fact she can appear anywhere, regardless of all logic.

I've seen most of the bugs in your .gifs. I've encountered a few strange ones, myself, but, unfortunately, I don't seem to have the ability to share images of them.

Ay, that horse is a constant source of amusement! I like the fact she can appear anywhere, regardless of all logic.
My biggest surprise was when I was kicked to death by this bastard ^^

As for bugs, I didn't have any problems except crashes caused by unofficial 3d vision dlls after every death, and some minor graphics glitches.
So far I have great fun with this game, but probably now I will skip most of the side quests because it feels kinda wrong doing less important things when Ciri is in danger :D

So far I have great fun with this game, but probably now I will skip most of the side quests because it feels kinda wrong doing less important things when Ciri is in danger :D

Ay, I anticipated some people would feel a wee bit guilty adventuring, while she's in peril. I won't deny, I feel a pang of conscience, from time to time, however, my desire to adventure, and pursue side-quests has gotten the better of me, so far. After all, they made some of them rather hard to put aside, or even ignore!

Last edited:
Guess I'm lucky, haven't had any experience bug... In fact at one point I found a sword with +20exp (from non humans, if I remember correctly). Found something stronger and switched at this point... I feel like I'm higher level than I should be. Side-quested and ventured so much I still have lvl 9 quests and I'm level 14. Just such a beautiful game. I like roaming the wilds moreso than questing in Novigrad. Well, besides continuing to see more old friends and of course I want to help Ciri... But monster slaying is what I enjoy. Out in the woods.

I agree with you, there: I've only been in Novigrad a short while, but I'm already tending to prefer the country to the town, but that's also my preference in real life.

Rather a pity about Kalkstein, but I was glad to hear a word about Shani!

I remember hearing he had died but I also also happened across something later that made me suspicious about that... I can't remember what the hell it was, though.

I have to stop playing while I'm drop dead drunk. I tend to regret choices I made the next morning when I'm playing and reminded of something stupid I did, but the choice is hours behind me so I keep shrugging things off thinking, 'next play through, for sure..'

I have to stop playing while I'm drop dead drunk. I tend to regret choices I made the next morning when I'm playing and reminded of something stupid I did, but the choice is hours behind me so I keep shrugging things off thinking, 'next play through, for sure..'

Very wise. Always adventure responsibly.

---------- Updated at 05:29 PM ----------

I see a lot of people are speaking about bugs...But I finished the game without encountering game-breaking problems. Few glitches here and there, and that's it...

I'm still not finished with the game -- I haven't had that much time. However, I've only come across a few little -- mostly graphics -- glitches, too, so far. Usually, reloading a save corrects them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom