Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I love this.

It's like the most ominous track I've ever heard in any game. Gives me the chills.. And sadly it's not in the OST. CDPR really needs to release a complete OST one of these days.

By the way, what is that instrument ?

I've been exploring Skellige, and, I must agree, it's a jolly good archipelago, with spectacular scenery! I find the selective combination of Scots and Norse culture extremely interesting also. One aspect of the lore still puzzles me, though: why a fertility deity like Freya is the primary goddess in a warrior society, which places such a premium on battle honours? I would have expected a closer equivalent to Odin. I'm not really expecting an answer, nor complaining, but it strikes me as rather odd.

Also of interest, part of 'The Fields of Ard Skellig' music (1:57) is nearly identical with the much more drawn-out 'Summer Theme' from the strategy map of Medieval: Total War (Another game in which I spent hours upon hours). As a result, I keep remembering my old campaigns, whenever that bit of the music comes around. I suspect it's a traditional melody, used by both games:

I've actually heard some Skelligers mentioning Heimdallr as well. I think we can assume that they have a pantheon of gods we don't know about.

As for Medieval, I was only ever to play Medieval II as the original never worked on my first PC as the game was just too old. :(

Ah, thank you! Ay, I spent countless hours in Medieval: Total War. I almost always attempted the conquer Europe as the Danes, starting in the early period. I only manged it a few times, though, but had jolly fun trying. (I usually settled for the lesser victory.)

I mostly played as the Holy Roman Empire actually, mostly because European battles had the best music, haha

[video=youtube;dt8X-Vtv0vQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt8X-Vtv0vQ[/video]

Man I love this.

It's like the most ominous track I've ever heard in any game. Gives me the chills.. And sadly it's not in the OST. CDPR really needs to release a complete OST one of these days.

Well, it's definitely a string instrument, that's for certain.

I've actually heard some Skelligers mentioning Heimdallr as well. I think we can assume that they have a pantheon of gods we don't know about.

As for Medieval, I was only ever to play Medieval II as the original never worked on my first PC as the game was just too old. :(

Ay, indeed. They have mentioned him under an altered name -- Hemdal, I believe -- but I've not seen any references to a Thor or Odin figure yet. I shall be looking into it a bit more, as I go.

As for Medieval, it was just the reverse with me: I've only played the first one, as I couldn't play the second game on my old computer, and haven't bothered to get it for my new machine. How is Medieval II?

---------- Updated at 04:22 PM ----------

My guess -- and this is only from listening -- is that it may be a rebec, or a similar late mediaeval fiddle-like instrument.

Ay, after a check, I'm fairly certain it's a rebec -- also called a Byzantine Lyre -- which is one of the instruments Percival uses in their music: http://www.percival.pl/eng/instrumenty

Last edited:
:D :D :D

Actually, a friend of mine send me this...She is not fond of Blinky, far from it...

Me? I don't know...She is not the best fantasy character I've seen...And not the worst. :)

I'm not quite sure what to think of her either. I'm still considering my opinion. However, as for Yennefer . . . . but, I'll say no more, as I might anger a few people.

Last edited:
However, as for Yennefer . . . . but, I'll say no more, as I might anger a few people.
Yes, some people will be angry - #TeamYennefer or #TeamTriss...:D

Reading the books is the only way to understand Yenn, I think...She is complicated character, Witcher 3 is not enough...

I found my another favourite secondary quest. The first was A Tower of Mice and today I found the Carnal Sins aka CSI Novigrad. That quest was smartly written, and well told. I want more like this in the future content update!

The problem with Carnal Sins was that you need to go through Cabaret first. I think that was my LEAST favourite quest to-date. It lasted far too long.
I didn't do it in my second playthrough.

Whereabouts is the Odrin reference, by the way? I've missed it every time.

Reading the books is the only way to understand Yenn, I think...She is complicated character, Witcher 3 is not enough...

Ay, I know, and I'm still reading them to better understand her. It just takes me a while, because I've sworn to do so in German (since I can't read them in Polish).

---------- Updated at 08:15 PM ----------

On several notice boards. Am I the only one that actually reads the notices? :p
Nay, I read those as well. I believe I've seen at least four notices about Ordrin, so far.

A material question for a material matter: where on hell are the RED mutagens?!?!?! I've get dozens of blue and green ones but no monster give a f--- Red one!!!!

How is it supposed I could make my Monster Extracts wiithout them? I'm wasting my time killing monsters only for getting NO RED mutagens!

Dropped by most lvl18+ monsters. I have 4 Greater Reds, and lots of spare Lessers that I need to sell off once I find a herbalist. Ekhidna, Erynia and Drowners are the most common sources and are easy to kill. I'd only managed one Normal Red before leaving Velen/Novigrad though at level 18ish

On several notice boards. Am I the only one that actually reads the notices? :p

Nope, I read all of them as well :p

Yesterday night I found finally Ciri, I was so happy to see her. I have a feeling that the game will end soon. For some reason, I would like to go back in time, to the release day, and experience the whole thing once again, as fresh. I still have loads of sidequests to do, so I will doing them for now.
I don't know when I will be restarting the game. I need it, because for the first time I disabled the save simulation, so I have pretty much the default world state.

What is the most wierd feeling of all, when you playe almost 100 hours a game, you are far away from completeing everytrhing and you still want more and more content. This says how good this game is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom