Several moments about PRO

+
Several moments about PRO

I dont understand several things about PRO ladder.

Ok, I must play all 5 factions (or at least 4).
I don't understand how fmmr is calculated.
Lets say I played 100 games with Skellige and lost all 100 of them. What my fMMR will be??

Cause now, my skellige fMMR is highest of all, thought I lost maybe 10 games out of 15...
Strange that I won 10 out of 15 with EMPIRE but total fMMR is lower than skellige's...
Do I need to keep some winrate with every faction?
Now it seems I only need to play all factions and dont care about halestorm losing every second game.
Or, at some point, only winning will gain me fMMR??
Can losing game decrease fMMR?

Second thing, I cant find myself in ranking page. I search my nickname, but 9 times out of 10 it says no results found. Then, after series of restarts (ps4) finally I do can find me. Bug???
Also that ranking page is running so slow as I decided to start Witcher 3 with highest graphics on my old pentium4 and geforce6600 card.

When I started, I was around 7000th. So, lets say total there are 7000 people at pro ladder currently.
10% erased is 700 " lowest" fmmr people.
Currently, my position is around 2000. Does this mean I can sleep free and automatically will get to next pro ladder season???
My current rank is 15. Do I need to get 21 to stay in pro ladder in the next season? Or is it only for new players which are currently NOT in pro ladder??
So next pro ladder is: not to be in 10% lowest pro fMmr or rank21? Or both?? Or at least one condition?
(Off: 4201 and rank 21 is not the same thing. I nearly crashed my tv trying to get that 4201, and rank 21 i would have never gotten. Kind of unfair when first season you need 4201, now 4500...).

All this bothers me because I dont wanna play at the moment because of merigold and so bad gold cards that people chose both RNR and Draught, which I find very annoying and uninteresting. So I take a pause and wait for patch.

Thank you for your answer!

​​​​​​But there are still a lot a questions left...

1) I now understand why playing as n.realms isnt changing my total mmr - at some point (unclear after when? 7 games with each?) it became worst of 5 for me. How this can be changed? If I play it more and more, will next worst faction become worst and n.realms stop being a worst??.... This is purely by number of games?? Winning losing - doesnt matter???
If I got it right, only after 100 games with each (or, 4 of 5) faction, REAL score will start??
So, if I played 400 games, lose EVERY game))))))))))), will I still have about 1100 (highest)*4+4400 MMR?
is it right??
and only after that, I can improve my total score by winning??
now I see 800 in my ranking, I understand how it was calculated at least.
seems like if I win, or lose, it doesnt matter??
I think I am missing something.....

2) thank you for link, I'll contact them.
3) i am playing on ps4, and I can find myself in ranking only after several restarts of the game.
ranking page is slow on my ps4.
But I can see myself from PC!!

and, most importantis not clear for me:
to play in pro ladder in the next season, what do I need??
a) not to be in lowest 10% mmr in the current pro ladder (which is seems true for me, as I am 2000th, lowest is like 7500th)
b) rank 21 in the current normal ranked game
c) BOTH
More precise, to stay in pro ladder in the next season, do I need to get rank 21 in normal ladder???
This is most important and decide the fate of the game for me)))

Celestes666;n9581781 said:
[...]
and, most importantis not clear for me:
to play in pro ladder in the next season, what do I need??
a) not to be in lowest 10% mmr in the current pro ladder (which is seems true for me, as I am 2000th, lowest is like 7500th)
b) rank 21 in the current normal ranked game
c) BOTH
More precise, to stay in pro ladder in the next season, do I need to get rank 21 in normal ladder???
This is most important and decide the fate of the game for me)))

Vattier;n9523181 said:
There are over 15 000 players in the Pro Ladder.

First of all you need to play at least 10 games in the Pro Ladder, secondly you must not be part of the lowest 10% to qualify for the following Pro Ladder. If you fulfil both premises, your standing in the common ranked ladder is irrelevant.
To join the Pro Ladder one need to reach the highest rank - at the moment 21 - in the preceding common ranked season.

See: https://cdn-l-playgwent.cdprojektred.com/masters/CDPR-Gwent-Masters-Official-Rules.html
4.1 a) &
4.3 b)

Celestes666;n9581781 said:
1) I now understand why playing as n.realms isnt changing my total mmr - at some point (unclear after when? 7 games with each?) it became worst of 5 for me. How this can be changed? If I play it more and more, will next worst faction become worst and n.realms stop being a worst??.... This is purely by number of games?? Winning losing - doesnt matter??? If I got it right, only after 100 games with each (or, 4 of 5) faction, REAL score will start?? So, if I played 400 games, lose EVERY game))))))))))), will I still have about 1100 (highest)*4+4400 MMR? is it right?? and only after that, I can improve my total score by winning?? now I see 800 in my ranking, I understand how it was calculated at least. seems like if I win, or lose, it doesnt matter?? I think I am missing something.....

You're a bit confused... I'll try to explain how it works in a very clear and simple way. When the pro ladder season starts, all fMMR is locked. To unlock the fMMR of a faction, you must play with it. Each game you play with a faction, you unlock 1% of your current fMMR with the given faction, so after playing 100 games with it, you'll have 100% of its fMMR unlocked.

Let's say you played 8 games with N. Realms, when you access your rankings at Celestes666, you'll see your N. Realms fMMR as 93/1,164. So what does it mean? It means that you have a fMMR of 1,164 with N. Realms, but since you played only 8 games with it, you have only 8% of it unlocked, which corresponds to the 93 (1,164 * 8 /100) you see there. That's why you have that odd feeling that when you play with a faction with less then 100 games, it doesn't matter if you win or lose. But actually it does if you look at your total fMMR potential and not only the unlocked part of it.

About your total fMMR. It's calculated using the 4 factions with the best fMMR out of the 5 possible picks. So putting it simple, if you played with all 5 factions, you discard the worst one. Using your own rankings as an example, your second lowest fMMR is with Nilfgaard: 241/1,148 (21/100 matches). So if you want your N. Realms fMMR to count you need to have more then 241 unlocked with it. Using your current total fMMR with N. Realms, which is 1,164, you'd need around 21 matches with N. Realms to pass your current Nilfgaard fMMR, reaching something close to 244 unlocked fMMR with N. Realms. So let me give you an advice: play only with the 4 factions you like the most and ignore the 5th.

Top Bottom