Sexual preferences in CP77

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welp... With the Awakening of the cyberpunk marketing machine ( and new E3 trailer)...

The Devs said to talk about what we want in cyberpunk with their little message hidden in the trailer, so I'm taking this opportunity to awaken this thread again, just to have my initial request highlighted again. Sorry 😋. I'm also extraordinarily surprised that this thread wasn't shut down! Good for us!

Personally, much like real life I don't care one way or the other.

But if people insist on shoving their personal tastes in my face I tend to get annoyed ... exactly the same as when a vegan comes to the local steak house and disrupts my meal. Flaunting your beliefs is the surest way to annoy others. I'll respect your beliefs and allow you to do as you wish, but I expect you to do the same for me and mine.

Sexuality is part of the Cyberpunk universe... Also consider this in a world where everybody can change all the parts they want providing they have enough money for it sexuality is a thing less restrained... I can perfectly see Homosexual even Transgender all around.. Cyberpunk 2020 had fetured also implant designed for sex... So claiming.. "Is not a necessary thing" is a biased opinion to start with since Sexuality is part of the cyberpunk universe.

I get people are used to lite cyberpunkish titles like Deus Ex but again Cyberpunk in his thematics is not Deus Ex at all.. It is a dystopian world that offers a lot of freedom but also a lot of ways to get yourself in troubles.

Bioware/EA and other gaming companies already exists that beats you over the head pushes social issues, lets NOT turn cyberpunk into another game infected with identity politics junk that is just there to preach.

Personally, much like real life I don't care one way or the other.

But if people insist on shoving their personal tastes in my face I tend to get annoyed ... exactly the same as when a vegan comes to the local steak house and disrupts my meal. Flaunting your beliefs is the surest way to annoy others. I'll respect your beliefs and allow you to do as you wish, but I expect you to do the same for me and mine.

Pretty much this. A few gay or bi characters might make sense (please do not turn everyone bi, that is stupid), but they should not stand out any more than any other character in the world and they should not just be "good" guys. A sleezy pimp that swings both ways or the gay corp that is known to only promote people under him is if they sleep with him/her.

However, with that said, the overwhelming majority of players will be strait and those encounters and romances should probably be the majority of the game.

I'm as straight as they come. I believe that whatever relationships are available in the game, sexual or otherwise, should be available in all preferences. I'm pretty sure CDPR believes the same considering Witcher 3 where Geralt's character was predefined but they still allowed the user to flirt with certain characters (male/female) in specific situations.

CDPR seems pretty open-minded and allows the player to control the type of relationships he/she can have with the available characters, so I don't think we have anything to worry about.

The year is 2077, there is absolutely no way that gay/bi/whatever else people aren't going to exist and that they have to be 'subtle' about it. I want to see gay couples acting in the same way straight couples do.

I also want to be able to play as a gay protagonist. If romance options don't exist at all, fine. But I'm not gonna be pleased if I can only play as Straighty Mc Straight Face. BTW this also includes only having lesbian romance options but no gay ones, aka Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Respectful portrayals of LGBT+ characters in Cyberpunk is what I want at minimum, please.

Do I want homosexuality in games? No I do not.
Am I offended if a possible gay relationship is within a game for people who are interested? Again, no I am not.

However for me personally I would avoid any content that I felt was promoting homosexuality.

More than respectful potrayal i don't think honestly that cyberpunk is an universe where certain sexual orientation still cause scandal..

Is an universe where people shape according to their whim...

As long as that stuff isn’t rubbed on the players face, put on a pedestal or otherwise unnecessarily highlighted in the name of ’being oh so progressive’.

Things can be portrayed organically and subtly without it appearing like an ad campaign or selling an agenda.

As long as that stuff isn’t rubbed on the players face, put on a pedestal or otherwise unnecessarily highlighted in the name of ’being oh so progressive’.

Things can be portrayed organically and subtly without it appearing like an ad campaign or selling an agenda.

This. Don't go the bioware route.

Including it without making it some sort of central theme shouldn't be hard.

And, really, they can also just ignore romance. It wouldn't make much of a difference.

Best option: not to include gay romace at all (but I know couple of people will be butthurted about that). Second best option: not to include romance at all and focuse on good game mechanics more (leave this crap to bioware). Third best option: for every gay romace option include 9 straight romance options and im ok with that. Why you ask? Its lgbt people are claiming that 10% of population is gay so its only fair that rest of us will get proportionally more romance options. And I mean 9 for female and 9 for male characters. But seriously, leave gay stuff to bioware and naughty dog. Now you can hate me :3

Yeah sure why not, I mean I don't care one way or another about romance options in Cyberpunk anyway tbh. Like others say I won't be annoyed by it's inclusion unless it's jarringly put on a pedastal like Dragon Age 3. That was like the gay agenda version of the DLC NPC from the 1st game.

Again inclusion should not be a problem in a setting like Cyberpunk the only think i believe you won't see.. is bioware style romances.

I guess i'm the only one here who liked the romances in Dragon Age! Though I admit the only gay romance I enjoyed was Dorian's. Sera didn't appeal to me as a character and the two bisexual characters (Josie and Bull) were meh to me for reasons beyond their sexuality.

Dorian's romance was amazing though, David Gaider did a great job, I would not be disappointed if that was the quality level Cyberpunk had for (gay) romance story lines.

I guess i'm the only one here who liked the romances in Dragon Age! Though I admit the only gay romance I enjoyed was Dorian's. Sera didn't appeal to me as a character and the two bisexual characters (Josie and Bull) were meh to me for reasons beyond their sexuality.

Dorian's romance was amazing though, David Gaider did a great job, I would not be disappointed if that was the quality level Cyberpunk had for (gay) romance story lines.
I thought Dorian and Iron Bull were exceptionally well done, Sara however sucked.

I thought Dorian and Iron Bull were exceptionally well done, Sara however sucked.

Sera was too judgmental and ~weird~ for me to like her. But BioWare have a nice habit of always making the female NPCs I want to romance on my female characters straight (Morrigan, Cassandra, Jack from Mass Effect etc). Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom