Shackles doesnt work on traps anymore?!

+
Shackles doesnt work on traps anymore?!

Pretty much the title says it all. Played against ST right now, opponent puts down a trap (toruviel), i had shckles on hand, couldnt select the trap though...

It is a bug or it was an intended changed?

And if it was an intended change, why doesnt appear on the patch notes (at least i didnt saw it)? And why the schackles description still says it works on traps?

Also, another thing that i noticed changes and wasnt on the patch notes was the KoB and decoy iteration. Before the patch if you decoyed KoB, it would get the +3 to base above the base strength it already has on the field, i.e. if it had 14 and you decoy it, it would go to 17, now it just triggers its effect again varying the base from 5 to 15 like you simply deployed it again.

Funny thing is i had my fiend on hand too, but was too afraid to drop it and cant be able to select the trap with it... maybe its just a shackles bug?

Ok, i discovered the bug: if the trap is under weather, it becomes Untargetable by shackles! I'm being able to reproduce this bug once but unfortunetelly forgot to take a screen. It happens though 100% sure. Probably because they had to traps immune to weather while face down, they ended up making it immune to targets too.

4RM3D please can you transfer this topic to the bug section?

I am not quite sure, but I think I could lock an ambush with Shackles even on clear row.

As per KoB, this behavior is absolutely consistent with his description- once you decoy him, he gets reset to 5str (Regressive tag), then strengthened by 3, played and deploy kicks in, strengthening him further to tie the round, up to maximum of 15 power, so decoying KoB is not a good idea unless he's seriously wounded.

Dejma93;n8935130 said:
am not quite sure, but I think I could lock an ambush with Shackles even on clear row.

The bug only happens if the trap is under weather.

Dejma93;n8935130 said:
As per KoB, this behavior is absolutely consistent with his description- once you decoy him, he gets reset to 5str (Regressive tag), then strengthened by 3, played and deploy kicks in, strengthening him further to tie the round, up to maximum of 15 power, so decoying KoB is not a good idea unless he's seriously wounded.

The thing is; it worked differently post-patch. They changed it and there is nothing apparently on the patch notes about it. Anyways, the issue is with the shackles and ambush.

Well, I have attempted to shackle ambush (Toruviel as it turned out)just a while ago, and was unable to do so. There was no weather used whole round.

Dejma93;n8937960 said:
Well, I have attempted to shackle ambush (Toruviel as it turned out)just a while ago, and was unable to do so. There was no weather used whole round.

Hmm. Maybe there are other factors in play than. Anyways, theres definitely something sketchy happening here.

There were any weathers on other rows (even on your side)?

Nah, not a single one I am sure about that, although I don't recall all the played cards anymore. Anyways I'll keep an eye out, and maybe will figure something out.

Dimeritium shackles unable to lock ambush card

I played one round were my shackels was unable to lock cards faced down, this happend twice during the match.

I'm not entirely sure but were you ever able to lock ambush cards with d. shackles? From my experience I could only do that with silver lock units.

kaalev;n8988580 said:
I'm not entirely sure but were you ever able to lock ambush cards with d. shackles? From my experience I could only do that with silver lock units.

Yes you can. It even says on the card description. All locks should work on ambush.

Laveley;n8988820 said:
Yes you can. It even says on the card description. All locks should work on ambush.

You shouldn't trust descriptions. Last patch we still had several cards with descriptions back from PTR. Also, I'm pretty sure you could never use d. shackles on ambush cards. Only lock units.

I've tested this in-game today. I had both d.shackles and Donar in hand and enemy SK had ambush card (turned out to be Toruviel) on table. I've tried using d. shackles at first but it would not target the card then I used Donar and it worked.

kaalev;n8989100 said:
You shouldn't trust descriptions. Last patch we still had several cards with descriptions back from PTR. Also, I'm pretty sure you could never use d. shackles on ambush cards. Only lock units.

I've tested this in-game today. I had both d.shackles and Donar in hand and enemy SK had ambush card (turned out to be Toruviel) on table. I've tried using d. shackles at first but it would not target the card then I used Donar and it worked.

I shouldnt trust descriptions? Lmao, if indeed the description is wrong (it is not), than it would be a bug anyways. Unless you think its totally fine wrong descriptions and that they shouldnt be pointed out by the beta testers.

And yes, i already d-shackles ambushes before. I though it was weather because on a match i tried to shackles a toruviel under weather and wasnt possible, than i cleared weather and was suddenly able to shackles it again. But it seems a totally random bug, sometimes you can, sometimes you cant. What you witnessed is precisely the bug.

But, if it pleases you, there you go the proof:

Last edited:
Not sure showing d-shackles on your own card proves much. Anyway he is correct, the descriptions on the cards are quite often wrong or ambiguous.

Top Bottom