Shadows missing on High

+
Shadows missing on High

After a long time I re-installed TW, patched it, installed some mods and everything. I have just finished testing the way it looks\runs and Ive encountered a strange bug.It seems shadows are missing when shadows are set to high. I think only Actor shadows (NPC's and Geralt and Mobs) are missing, but I didn't really look if more shadows are missing (general environmental shadows seem fine, but they look the same weather set to high or medium). And when I set shadows to medium, they are back (only low quality compared to how it should be on high, ofc). Any idea of how this happens?It makes me wonder if other settings might not work appropriately (I hope not) but so far I only noticed the missing shadows. Help please?

Do you have sli configuration?.. I had the same problem when I had my first sli setup and ran TW for the first time..

eskiMoe said:
Do you have sli configuration?.. I had the same problem when I had my first sli setup and ran TW for the first time..
Nope... I'm sorry I forgot to post my rig. It didn't change since the last time I played (other than OC, bigger screen, and new drivers) and it used to work fine (I think at least) so theoretically its something with the game.8800GTS - OCE6750 - OC2G RAM - OCWIN 7 64bit1920 X 1080 ressBtw how did you fix the shadows?

eskiMoe said:
eskiMoe said:
Btw how did you fix the shadows?
Used a different frame rendering method via Nhancer.. But I don't think it's gonna work for you..
Yea but I was curious :)Anyway, I've taken 2 pictures to show the situation while trying the older monitor (didn't change anything).This is when Lightning and Shadows are set to high:
This is when Lightning and Shadows are set to medium:
There aren't much objects in the pictures but u can clearly see the object doesn't cast shadow nor those geralt in the high picture. Sorry I didn't take one with more objects.So, I would actually say BOTH look better on medium. Moreover, they look the same as medium on low.In some ****ed up way, its like my settings have changed (for Shadows and Lightning):High is now Low.Low is now Medium.Medium is, well, medium.All other settings seem fine, I hope they are at least. Please if anyone knows how to help, I can't start playing like this...

@ Nsiswhat mods ?you can use the 2.59 version of nhancer but you will need to roll back your video drivers to the 197 seriesyou may also want to read: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructeddo attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder ( if the game crashed )

I manged to find an old thread in this forum when googling random things that might help me solve this.Here:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=20461.0I have no idea why, but without AA, shadows are missing on High. With AA (x2 or x4) shadows are back.This is the weirdest bug I've seen in a game (why would this even happen lol).Anyway the lightning is fine it just looked weird without shadows on high so I had the wrong impression. FIX for missing shadows on High : use AA (in-game).

Nsis said:
I manged to find an old thread in this forum when googling random things that might help me solve this.Here:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=20461.0I have no idea why, but without AA, shadows are missing on High. With AA (x2 or x4) shadows are back.This is the weirdest bug I've seen in a game (why would this even happen lol).Anyway the lightning is fine it just looked weird without shadows on high so I had the wrong impression. FIX for missing shadows on High : use AA (in-game).
Will keep that in mind and thanks for posting your fix as it may help others that are having similar issues

Top Bottom