shadows

+
shadows

I am having trouble getting shadows to work properly for some trees. When I test the game either after cooking or just playing in redkit, some trees give shadows and some don't - the tree not giving shadow in particular for me is port_big_back01. I have tried just about everything I can and it isn't working so I thought I would see if anyone else knows a solution. I have right clicked on every group and layer and added shadows to each. When I right click/debug/add shadows to all meshes it does give port_big_back01 shadows exactly as it should but the shadows do not stay when playing as geralt.

I know a work around would be to use the forest shadow mesh but I have yet to figure out how to use that as well.

nvm i figured it out. for whatever reason this tree's mesh wasn't flagged to show shadows. unfortunately it looks like i have to replace all of my trees now..

You could select all the trees of the type you want( just 1 type) then go to properties and on mesh you can select a mesh to replace the original one, so you just select the whole bunch of trees, then go to the properties, select in the asset browser your new mesh, and then click on the green arrow on mesh, in the properties tab.
This may update all your trees to have shadows.

Top Bottom